View Poll Results: Will ULL let Lamar move up?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, ULL will stay in the Sunbelt.

57 86.36%
  • No, ULL will move to the WAC.

9 13.64%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will ULL let Lamar move up?

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Question Will ULL let Lamar move up?

Beaumont is just right down the road from Lafayette.

Will the Cajuns allow a school from their own backyard to move up to the FBS when they can prevent it?

By switching to the WAC, Lafayette could ditch the Juco, align with Tech, maybe get more people to buy-in to their name hoax, and prevent a school located in their recruiting zone from moving up to the FBS level.

If Lamar moves up, I think the Cardinals have a lot of potential and would quickly build a better athletic program than ULL.

What say you?

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Re: Will ULL let Lamar move up?

Tyler told me once we are in the Big12 none of this is gonna matter.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    I'll be double dipped if I EVER call them Louisiana. If they joined they'd have to drop that crap.
    Wouldn't happen. They aren't ever dropping that name thing.

Interesting negotiating ploy by the WAC though. Wouldn't think ull would come over by themselves.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

I think there is a serious lack of leadership in Lafayette.

First, there was the name fiasco.
    Then, the Cajuns welcomed ULM as a conference mate.
    Next, ULL celebrated the double-wide recruiting zone.
    Now, they will likely give up on an opportunity to further their name agenda while letting Lamar pass them up.

It's decisions like these that will forever leave Lafayette irrelevant.

Champ baw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond repute

although I know its CUSA or bust... but IF an opening does not present itself

and if the bust is USU, NMST, UNT, UTSA, Texas State, ULL, MTSU, Ark State, WKU (basketball: Denver, Wichita State, Mizz State, Gonzago, Portland, St. Marys), I would live with this conference until we became attractive for a higher conference

Quote Originally Posted by baw011 View Post
    although I know its CUSA or bust... but IF an opening does not present itself

and if the bust is USU, NMST, UNT, UTSA, Texas State, ULL, MTSU, Ark State, WKU (basketball: Denver, Wichita State, Mizz State, Gonzago, Portland, St. Marys), I would live with this conference until we became attractive for a higher conference
    Those basketball schools aren't leaving the MVC or WCC for the WAC, and no new conference will be formed.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Tyler told me once we are in the CUSA none of this is gonna matter.
    It actually doesn't matter now. We will be leaving the WAC. And it doesn't matter now per Lamar because they will never be in the WAC while TECH is in the WAC.

Puppy Bull has turned a few heads around hereBull has turned a few heads around hereBull has turned a few heads around hereBull has turned a few heads around hereBull has turned a few heads around here

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Those basketball schools aren't leaving the MVC or WCC for the WAC, and no new conference will be formed.
    Haha yeah, especially true when we can't even convince Sun Belt schools to join

Varsity Bulldog chew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    I think there is a serious lack of leadership in Lafayette.

First, there was the name fiasco.
    Then, the Cajuns welcomed ULM as a conference mate.
    Next, ULL celebrated the double-wide recruiting zone.
    Now, they will likely give up on an opportunity to further their name agenda while letting Lamar pass them up.

It's decisions like these that will forever leave Lafayette irrelevant.
    I would agree with you that there was a serious lack of leadership under Dr Authement, but under Dr Savios UL has begun over $200 million dollars in on campus construction to be completed within 5 years. Another fundraising campaign to grow our academic foundation. Over $75 million in planned athletic renovations with half of that money already committed. So the vision is finally there after 40 years of neglect by the previous administration.

Celebrating the double wides was a terrible PR move, the intent was to acknowledge a supporter for donating $150K for naming rights to the recruiting suite in the Cajun Field expansion. The double wides are temporary, but it was not publicized as such because our marketing team sucks.

As far as the name agenda goes, we will never give that up. I personally prefered USL because that's what it was when I was an athlete there. But, like I said, the battle will never end. I don't think the university will try to change the official name to The University of Louisiana, but will push the "Louisiana" brand for athletics only.

What does Lamar's agenda have to do with us?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chew4219 View Post

comprehension is a beeotch.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

I would agree with you that there was a serious lack of leadership under Dr Authement, but under Dr Savios UL has begun over $200 million dollars in on campus construction to be completed within 5 years. Another fundraising campaign to grow our academic foundation. Over $75 million in planned athletic renovations with half of that money already committed. So the vision is finally there after 40 years of neglect by the previous administration.

Celebrating the double wides was a terrible PR move, the intent was to acknowledge a supporter for donating $150K for naming rights to the recruiting suite in the Cajun Field expansion. The double wides are temporary, but it was not publicized as such because our marketing team sucks.

As far as the name agenda goes, we will never give that up. I personally prefered USL because that's what it was when I was an athlete there. But, like I said, the battle will never end. I don't think the university will try to change the official name to The University of Louisiana, but will push the "Louisiana" brand for athletics only.

You are correct on all points in the bolded part of the statement. Somebody wasn't "thinking real good." That's not something the Cajuns have a monopoly on, though. Afterall, we were the proud displayers of blue balls for awhile.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

We're better off with ULL in the Sunbelt. It enhances our opportunity for "separation". Nobody really believes the Sunbelt will ever be anything more than a cellar dwellar conference. The Cajuns --and the Warhawks-- will always be lost in the shuffle as long as they are in the Sunbelt. This alone will help assure LA Tech's status as one of the two most important programs in the state of Louisiana.

HD

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

As far as the name agenda goes, we will never give that up. I personally prefered USL because that's what it was when I was an athlete there. But, like I said, the battle will never end. I don't think the university will try to change the official name to Lafayette, but will push the "Louisiana" brand for athletics only.

Do you mean Louisiana-Lafayette?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    Do you mean Louisiana-Lafayette?
    No.......he means "Lafayette".

HD

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    comprehension is a beeotch.
    Let me break it down for him.

ULL staying in the Belch allows a school from right down the road in the same recruiting territory 85 FBS scholarships. Lamar would go from 0 to 85 FBS scholarships. ULL will go from recruiting a higher caliber athlete to recruiting the same athletes.

ULL staying in the Belch allows a school that just hired Pat Knight as their MBB coach to leave an MBB conference worse than the Belch to join an MBB conference better than the Belch.

By the time Lamar reaches the WAC, they would have a larger athletics budget than ULL.

Allowing Lamar to move up will hurt ULL, and the Cajuns can stop it with a simple move.
    Last edited by Dawg06; 05-19-2011 at 04:29 PM.

+ Reply to Thread