+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Football. Tim Molton and Ahmad Paige Dismissed from Football Team - latechsports.com

Champ kw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud of

Re: Football. Tim Molton and Ahmad Paige Dismissed from Football Team - latechsports.

Quote Originally Posted by Built4Speed View Post
    Yep. Joe, Moats, PJ, Porter. Now it's LC's turn. Wonder who will be next?
    I thought Duplessis was going to be a very good player for us after his freshman season but it seems he is buried in the depth chart with this new system. I'll be interested to see if he gets any PT next year.

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

Re: Football. Tim Molton and Ahmad Paige Dismissed from Football Team - latechsports.

Quote Originally Posted by kw2292 View Post
    I thought Duplessis was going to be a very good player for us after his freshman season but it seems he is buried in the depth chart with this new system. I'll be interested to see if he gets any PT next year.
    Almost mentioned TD, but didn't for this reason. Lyle Fitte seems to be the heir apparent* to Livas , filling in the KR/PR role with a few swing passes here and there, but I don't know if we've seen who will take over for LC yet. It'll be interesting to see who gets the carries this season when Creer isn't on the field, and even more interesting to see who does best with that opportunity.

*- Those are HUGE metaphorical shoes to fill, and in no way could I ever expect anyone to be the kind of game changer that 6 was for us. However, Lyle seems to be the best candidate, at this point, to have the kind of impact that Livas did. Lyle has the fire in him, and if he can keep working hard, I see him doing great things in a Tech uniform.

Champ ddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond repute ddgravy's Avatar

Ray Holley will get the bulk of carries that LC doesn't and I don't think there will be much of a drop off. He's good imo.

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ddgravy View Post
    Ray Holley will get the bulk of carries that LC doesn't and I don't think there will be much of a drop off. He's good imo.
    You're right. He didn't get a whole lot of chances in high success % situations last year, so I don't think we've even come close to seeing the best of him. That kid runs extremely hard and downhill.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I think this opens the door for some of our true freshman to show that they need and deserve to play right from the get go. Let's see some sparks this fall!!!

Champ nytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by kw2292 View Post
    We haven't heard the last of TD. He'll be 100% going into fall and it will be the first time in a full year that he's totally healthy. He had a few practices in spring that showed he still has some contribution to this team.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

With the spread being what it is, there will still be a lot of plays for the running backs to block and run laterally instead of downhill. Our guys will probably be switching out enough for rest that TD will get some carries. I hope everyone is healthy enough to share the load. Even LC will be tired if he has to take the ball over 25 times a game.

Bulldog dapdawg seems to have something between the earsdapdawg seems to have something between the earsdapdawg seems to have something between the earsdapdawg seems to have something between the earsdapdawg seems to have something between the earsdapdawg seems to have something between the earsdapdawg seems to have something between the ears dapdawg's Avatar

Has Holley redshirted? I don't think he has. From what I've seen, I'd love to see him redshirt this year and be the man in 2012!

Champ Tbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of lightTbone1 is a glorious beacon of light Tbone1's Avatar

I had very high hopes for Molton.
    This is disappointing.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    Sorry, I have problems with suspending someone over a substance that is legal, easily obtainable, and over the counter.
    The NCAA and many other governing bodies in athletics worldwide maintain lists of banned substances that are considered performance-enhancing for athletes.

Playing college athletics is a privilege, and any athlete found to have violated the performance-enhancing drug rules loses that privilege.

And there are no doubt quite a few over the counter drugs that probably shouldn't be available that easily. That isn't a valid basis to argue against athlete suspensions for performance-enhancing drug violations.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
    The NCAA and many other governing bodies in athletics worldwide maintain lists of banned substances that are considered performance-enhancing for athletes.

Playing college athletics is a privilege, and any athlete found to have violated the performance-enhancing drug rules loses that privilege.

And there are no doubt quite a few over the counter drugs that probably shouldn't be available that easily. That isn't a valid basis to argue against athlete suspensions for performance-enhancing drug violations.

Not saying that the NCAA was wrong for suspending him because he took the substance. Those are the rules and everybody should know them. However, I wish the NCAA, MLB, NFL, etc. lined up their lists of banned substances with what is legal and what is not. That is, if it is legal then do not ban it. Makes things a lot easier. And if it should be banned, maybe it does not neet to be legal. I am not a doctor or anything and perhaps my view of this is way off. But if it is legal, let them have it.

+ Reply to Thread