+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bastrop High Graduation - You have to love this

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Re: Bastrop High Graduation - You have to love this

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    Why has the ACLU never filed a complaint against Tech for having a prayer before a football game?
    They best just not come meddlin' in our business around here. Folks don't take kindly to their guns and religion being messed with in this part of the country.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    They best just not come meddlin' in our business around here. Folks don't take kindly to their guns and religion being messed with in this part of the country.
    Ain't THAT the truth! You can have all the "Change" you want, but you WON'T take our God or our guns!

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
    YouTube must be following the extreme left-wing tendencies that Wikipedia has been following for several years now. Post something totally untrue on that site about a conservative and that posting gets locked in. Post facts about liberals and you are likely to have your account deleted along with the truthful posting being replaced by propaganda.

I try to avoid Wikipedia at all costs...may have to do the same to YouTube if this keeps up.
    YouTube has NOTHING to do with removing the comments. They can if they so choose, since they own the site; but, the owner of the video, the one who uploaded it to the site, is the one who is more than likely removing comments.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Out of curiosity, how would you guys have reacted if the person designated to speak had chosen to give a Muslim prayer?
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Out of curiosity, how would you guys have reacted if the person designated to speak had chosen to give a Muslim prayer?
    I think you know the answer to that. lol

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

If they didn't demean Christianity or any other religion, I would be okay with that.
    It's time to close the doors to the Temple of Janus.

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    If they didn't demean Christianity or any other religion, I would be okay with that.
    I find it hard to believe that you would be perfectly OK with someone leading a muslim prayer at a Bastrop graduation.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    I find it hard to believe that you would be perfectly OK with someone leading a muslim prayer at a Bastrop graduation.
    I would have absolutely no problem with it. We could have ours and they could have theirs. You don't know me very well, pal.

Champ mikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond repute mikedog's Avatar

Guiss makes a good point. If Christianity is the minority in a particular area (such as Dearborn, MI), Christians certainly would not want their kids participating in Muslim prayers at a public school.

Theoretically, I support the notion of a wall of separation between church and state. However, the Establishment Clause was designed to create a secular government-not a secular society. The problem with 21st century America is that the public sector has crept into almost all aspects of our lives. Thus, instead of the Constitution protecting freedom of religion, the Constitution is being (inappropriately) used to establish freedom from religion.
    Last edited by mikedog; 05-27-2011 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikedog View Post
    Guiss makes a good point. If Christianity is the minority in a particular area (such as Dearborn, MI), Christians certainly would not want their kids participating in Muslim prayers at a public school.

Theoretically, I'm support the notion of a wall of separation between church and state. However, the Establishment Clause was designed to create a secular government-not a secular society. The problem with 21st century America is that the public sector has crept into almost all aspects of our lives. Thus, instead of the Constitution protecting freedom of religion, the Constitution is being (inappropriately) used to establish freedom from religion.
    I know some would not want a Muslim prayer. I don't have a problem with it. Of course, we could take it to extremes such as a Satan worshiper, but I would not object to a Muslim prayer if requested and it would not be an anti-Christian prayer. I would have objected to the Bastrop prayer had it been an imprecatory prayer against Muslims.

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    I would have absolutely no problem with it. We could have ours and they could have theirs. You don't know me very well, pal.
    I guess, what I meant to say, was that the majority wouldn't be OK with it. Like you said, I don't know you, so I can't speak for you. I guarantee a lot of those who defend the christian prayer at the graduation, would throw a FIT if a muslim prayer was given instead.

I KNOW Tyler would lose his mind! :icon_wink:

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

It would be best to allow the Christians to have a prayer, any Muslim students to have a prayer, and any Jewish students to have a prayer than to ban all prayer. And I think that would be in line with the spirit of the Constitution as well.
    Last edited by T_Won; 05-27-2011 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by T_Won View Post
    It would be best to allow the Christians to have a prayer, any Muslim students to have a prayer, and any Jewish students to have a prayer than to ban all prayer. And I think that would be in line with the spirit of the Constitutional as well.
    And an atheist moment of silence.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

And an atheist moment of silence.
    We don't even require a moment of silence. We just want to get the show on the road.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

We don't even require a moment of silence. We just want to get the show on the road.
    Do you get offended when people pray in public?

+ Reply to Thread