+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tabby & TNS starting $#!+ again

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Thumbs Down Tabby & TNS starting $#!+ again

Tabby is pathetic, and so is Richard. They are both pathetic LOSERS. BVDV said nothing wrong. He said the TRUTH!

Here's the link, but please don't click it.
    http://www.thenewsstar.com/article/2...ing-better-APR

Richard was irked by the recent comments of Louisiana Tech Athletic Director Bruce Van De Velde made in relation to its men's basketball program. "From Keith Richard to (former head coach) Kerry (Rupp), we've improved significantly in the APR, but we still have not reached the 925," Van De Velde told The News-Star on Tuesday.

"I did see it and my response to his comment using my name is this "” I was the head coach at Louisiana Tech for nine years and I ran a good, solid program there," Richard said. "In this business, you don't last nine years somewhere unless you do good work.
    As a matter of fact, Van De Velde lasted only five years at his alma mater Iowa State before resigning under pressure. I don't need to go any further than that or defend myself to a guy that wasn't even there when I was there. In my opinion, this AD, wants to get into a 'my school's better than your school, and my coach is better than you,' kind of thing, it's just childish to be honest with you."
    Last edited by Dawg06; 05-27-2011 at 03:35 AM.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Re: Tabby & TNS starting $#!+ again

If ulm had a problem with that comment, then don't hire a guy that we fired. That is what screams, "my school is better than yours."

Champ atobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to allatobulldog is a name known to all atobulldog's Avatar

This is an attempt to get Tech fans to click the link and help TNS in website hits. Truth is, Richard can be irked by it, nobody gives a rats behind. But he still is part of the history of our program and struggles.

Please do not click there and if you do, please do not comment, that gives them validation.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Seems like every year TNS tries to stir something up between ULM/Tech.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Truth on both parts....

What Bruce said was 100% accurate and what Keith said was 100% accurate -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

But Bruce mentioned nothing about ulm that I saw, so I don't get keith's "my school is better than yours...childish" comment.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    yep and the problem that ulm has with it was the fact that they mentioned Keith's name instead of just saying the previous staff.
    I can tell you for a fact that our administation takin shots at ulm has done wonders for firing up our fanbase but i t has destroyed business relationships.I'll give you an example. Evans oil was a company that gave Tech alot of money, in fact they were the sponsor of the Dooley show one year. However the next season tech tried to go and sell a package for the new season and in the meeting took constant shots at ULM..Not realizing that the folks that run Evans oil were NLU grads. I dont think we get much from Evans oil. There are countless other examples of other companies that thought the right thing to do was to support both schools but have been turned off to tech because of the constant "we are better" attitude. I just bring this up because its a double edge sword. Yes pissing on ULM gets our hardcore fanbase fired up it also turns off the sidewalk fan and bussiness supporter we need.
    Besides from the Dooley comment at a booster luncheon, when has a Tech admin openly taken shots at ULM?

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

What did I miss, someone please give me links.

Puppy techfan1800 is just really nicetechfan1800 is just really nicetechfan1800 is just really nicetechfan1800 is just really nicetechfan1800 is just really nicetechfan1800 is just really nicetechfan1800 is just really nicetechfan1800 is just really nicetechfan1800 is just really nice

yep and the problem that ulm has with it was the fact that they mentioned Keith's name instead of just saying the previous staff.
    I can tell you for a fact that our administation takin shots at ulm has done wonders for firing up our fanbase but i t has destroyed business relationships.I'll give you an example. Evans oil was a company that gave Tech alot of money, in fact they were the sponsor of the Dooley show one year. However the next season tech tried to go and sell a package for the new season and in the meeting took constant shots at ULM..Not realizing that the folks that run Evans oil were NLU grads. I dont think we get much from Evans oil. There are countless other examples of other companies that thought the right thing to do was to support both schools but have been turned off to tech because of the constant "we are better" attitude. I just bring this up because its a double edge sword. Yes pissing on ULM gets our hardcore fanbase fired up it also turns off the sidewalk fan and bussiness supporter we need.
    I doubt this very much. Learfiled is very professional and the Tech radio network is growin gto 10 stations. How many stations carry ULM? If you want to follow a loser go ahead but don't try and prompt them up because most people see through it. Their APR debacle is a waste of taxpayer money! I heard your interview with Staub and youwent very light on what is terrible results. Post season ban from NCAA and conference competition. Come on.

Puppy techfan1800 is just really nicetechfan1800 is just really nicetechfan1800 is just really nicetechfan1800 is just really nicetechfan1800 is just really nicetechfan1800 is just really nicetechfan1800 is just really nicetechfan1800 is just really nicetechfan1800 is just really nice

I'm not prompting up anyone. I know this for a fact because theses businesses have told me to my face. Evans oil was one of our accounts. We were very hard on ulm and grambling as soon as the apr was released but it was the previous coaching staffs. In fact Richard had to leave his best player behind for all non conference road games this year to keep grades up. I knew as it alway does turn into us trying to defend someone. Im just trying to let you in on the other side of what I have been told point blank. Id bet my kids life on it that HOW SURE IAM on the EVANS OIL.
    How dare you blame Richard he had 9 glorious years at Tech.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

A turd is a turd. ULM is, academically, the worst athletics program is D1A. Just a fact. Tech is mediocre in this regard. Not great, but mediocre. Both need to improve.

Still not sure why they hired Richard, given his APR prowess 30 minutes down the road.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Truth on both parts....

What Bruce said was 100% accurate and what Keith said was 100% accurate -
    Maybe... but Tabby and Keith seem a tad bit touchy. They are upset because Richard's name was used? Sounds a little bit like our president.

Bruce's comments were completely accurate. If he was truly wanting to take a shot, he had a lot more he could have legitimately said. Keith was the coach for the entire period that got us into the APR hole. Rupp was the coach for the entire period that dug us out of the hole. TNS failed to report that in their glowing report of how ulm was going to improve their mess.

In fairness, we probably should give Keith some credit for his last bunch of Seniors that graduated shortly after Rupp took over, but Rupp did stay on them for the last couple of quarters even though none of them had any playing eligibility left.

I don't think Keith is a bad coach, but he got a lot more personal about this little tiff than was warranted. BVDV was fired at his alma mater? What has that got to do with TECH and ulm's APR reports?

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

he was better than most...the end was bad. his biggest mistake was pissing off Karl.

And please I don't appreciate you questioning my credibility. People might not like what I have to say but at least in the 8 years that I have done my show and been an active member of this board I dont say anything unless I have facts behind it.
    There are two sides to every story and I can see the Moore Oil people being resistant to up their ante for our program because they are committed to supporting nlulm as well.

Would you accept that and walk out with the same nut or try to point out the differences between the two universities and programs?

If you don't have both sides of the story, you are basing your credibility on heresay and not facts. I'm sure you are okay with that because of your personal relationship with Moore but don't expect me to take it at face value.

If the folks selling TECH accept that answer (we have to support nlulm too) without trying for better, they need another job.

he was better than most...the end was bad. his biggest mistake was pissing off Karl.

And please I don't appreciate you questioning my credibility. People might not like what I have to say but at least in the 8 years that I have done my show and been an active member of this board I dont say anything unless I have facts behind it.
    I will ask Mason (Learfield) next time I see him.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techfan1800 View Post
    I will ask Mason (Learfield) next time I see him.
    You do that, Bruce.

+ Reply to Thread