+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting Day in San Antonio

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting Day in San Antonio

Today, I was eating at McAlister's Deli on DeZavala near IH-10 here in San Antonio. Then, in walked a fellow with a nice blue Nike LaTech polo and a red Tech ballcap that said "BULLDOGS" on the back. I had a chat with him and the guy with him, and they said there's an alumni group in Austin of North Louisiana folks from Tech, Northwestern, and ULM that get together sometimes. The fun part of this was that the guy was a ULM grad but a Tech fan, and he said he wished he graduated from Tech instead. They also said the group is planning a bus trip from San Antonio and Austin up to Ruston and Monroe for a weekend when Tech and ULM both have games at different times of the day, so that they can see both.

It was nice seeing fellow North Louisianians at lunch. When I saw the guy, I had to give him a "HOW BOUT THEM DAWGS!" I still haven't been able to part with my Tech license plate, but eventually I'll have to get a plain Texas one...

Champ techblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to behold

Re: Interesting Day in San Antonio

Quote Originally Posted by Ktulu7 View Post
    Today, I was eating at McAlister's Deli on DeZavala near IH-10 here in San Antonio. Then, in walked a fellow with a nice blue Nike LaTech polo and a red Tech ballcap that said "BULLDOGS" on the back. I had a chat with him and the guy with him, and they said there's an alumni group in Austin of North Louisiana folks from Tech, Northwestern, and ULM that get together sometimes. The fun part of this was that the guy was a ULM grad but a Tech fan, and he said he wished he graduated from Tech instead. They also said the group is planning a bus trip from San Antonio and Austin up to Ruston and Monroe for a weekend when Tech and ULM both have games at different times of the day, so that they can see both.

It was nice seeing fellow North Louisianians at lunch. When I saw the guy, I had to give him a "HOW BOUT THEM DAWGS!" I still haven't been able to part with my Tech license plate, but eventually I'll have to get a plain Texas one...
    No worries, you just need to get in on this....

http://latechbbb.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54044

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by techblue4 View Post
    No worries, you just need to get in on this....

http://latechbbb.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54044
    Or be the lucky member of this board that has the Texas plate "LA Tech"

Big Dog NavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by JFord View Post
    Tried for the same plate in Virginia... taken.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Cool post, in the middle of all the off season moaning and squabbling

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

There are two- the original plate style and I have the T plate style. I like the T plate because it is red and blue.

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    There are two- the original plate style and I have the T plate style. I like the T plate because it is red and blue.
    I like the clean look of the original plate. I think modern day license plates are too busy. The plate with the Pelican in Louisiana is hideous. Thankfully, I have the best looking plate with my Tech plate.

Varsity Bulldog brody191 is on top of his/her gamebrody191 is on top of his/her gamebrody191 is on top of his/her gamebrody191 is on top of his/her gamebrody191 is on top of his/her gamebrody191 is on top of his/her gamebrody191 is on top of his/her gamebrody191 is on top of his/her gamebrody191 is on top of his/her gamebrody191 is on top of his/her gamebrody191 is on top of his/her game

I know the owner of that plate. He's a funny looking dude!!!

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

I've talked about making a LaTech plate for Texas for a while, and it's more important for me now especially since I live in Texas nowadays. I'm scrapped and am having to cut much of my LTAC donation this year, because of a LOT of bad personal expenses that are unfortunately timed, but I still have my season tickets in OO and will be back up to my old donation level or better next year. GOD BLESS TECH!

Oh yeah, and also when I climb out of this temporary debt hole in the coming months, I'll put up some money with some of you other guys to create a friggin' license plate for the Lone Star State.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

I was in SAT a few weeks ago and ran into a guy in a Tech hat at an Egg & I. His connection to Tech is that he is a friend of Jeff Koonz. He said he'd been wearing the hat for months, but I was the first person to comment.

I actually think that once we start playing UTSA regularly, we'll start to draw more students from that area.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Some lucky guy or gal got this plate. 1894 would be another nice plate to have.

My Tech plate is 1984. Normally, in San Antonio, people ask me what the logo on my hat or shirt is, and then have no idea what Louisiana Tech University is. I've had some even ask, "what state is that the shape of?" I'm serious. People do seem to have their head deeply in the sand here. When I even try to talk about the school, they ask if we play any sports. I guess it's better than hearing from LSUseless fans constantly.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

I have a few friends that went to ULM who are Tech fans. They come to Ruston on Saturdays. They don't know they are supposed to hate Tech.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    I have a few friends that went to ULM who are Tech fans. They come to Ruston on Saturdays. They don't know they are supposed to hate Tech.
    I've contended for years that we should actively market our football program to the ENTIRE city of Monroe, including ULM alumni. And, until we start selling out our stadium on game days, I also support letting ULM (and Grambling) students attend our football games in Aillet Stadium for free by simply showing their ULM student ID. It's all about building a long term fan base, and putting butts in seats.

HD

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

I put up a picture of the most likely new plate for us in Texas on the plate thread in general news. They are still debating some words and coloring.

+ Reply to Thread