+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interesting Day in San Antonio

Varsity Bulldog brody191 is on top of his/her gamebrody191 is on top of his/her gamebrody191 is on top of his/her gamebrody191 is on top of his/her gamebrody191 is on top of his/her gamebrody191 is on top of his/her gamebrody191 is on top of his/her gamebrody191 is on top of his/her gamebrody191 is on top of his/her gamebrody191 is on top of his/her gamebrody191 is on top of his/her game

Re: Interesting Day in San Antonio

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I've contended for years that we should actively market our football program to the ENTIRE city of Monroe, including ULM alumni. And, until we start selling out our stadium on game days, I also support letting ULM (and Grambling) students attend our football games in Aillet Stadium for free by simply showing their ULM student ID. It's all about building a long term fan base, and putting butts in seats.

HD

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Ktulu7 View Post
    My Tech plate is 1984. Normally, in San Antonio, people ask me what the logo on my hat or shirt is, and then have no idea what Louisiana Tech University is. I've had some even ask, "what state is that the shape of?" I'm serious. People do seem to have their head deeply in the sand here. When I even try to talk about the school, they ask if we play any sports. I guess it's better than hearing from LSUseless fans constantly.
    So you speak spanish?

Varsity Bulldog sportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the rough sportsguylatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    So you speak spanish?
    I see what you did there

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I've contended for years that we should actively market our football program to the ENTIRE city of Monroe, including ULM alumni. And, until we start selling out our stadium on game days, I also support letting ULM (and Grambling) students attend our football games in Aillet Stadium for free by simply showing their ULM student ID. It's all about building a long term fan base, and putting butts in seats.

HD
    EXCELLENT, and Brilliant

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Ktulu7 View Post
    My Tech plate is 1984. Normally, in San Antonio, people ask me what the logo on my hat or shirt is, and then have no idea what Louisiana Tech University is. I've had some even ask, "what state is that the shape of?" I'm serious. People do seem to have their head deeply in the sand here. When I even try to talk about the school, they ask if we play any sports. I guess it's better than hearing from LSUseless fans constantly.
    It's amazing how ignorant some people are. I had my Tech cap on one day when a friend asked me what did the symbol on my cap represent. I took my cap off and pointed to the outline of the state and asked him did he know what state that represented. He didn't know and he was raised in Arkansas and lived in Arkansas most of his life. On the other side, I worked with a guy that could draw a complete map of the United States with every state outlined. He could also draw Europe.

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light

I had a couple of trees cut down yesterday. Three of the guys were wearing LSU caps. One of them told me (after seeing my Tech flag), that junior colleges shouldn't have football teams. I just smiled as they all worked in my yard in the near 100 degree heat. The difference between going to Tech, and worshiping LSU is amazing.

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by splicer View Post
    I had a couple of trees cut down yesterday. Three of the guys were wearing LSU caps. One of them told me (after seeing my Tech flag), that junior colleges shouldn't have football teams. I just smiled as they all worked in my yard in the near 100 degree heat. The difference between going to Tech, and worshiping LSU is amazing.
    Did you tip the SOB?

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by OLDBLUE View Post
    Did you tip the SOB?
    I gave him tips on where my sprinkler system ran, so he wouldn't have to pay for hitting it with the stump grinder, but no money.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by splicer View Post
    I gave him tips on where my sprinkler system ran, so he wouldn't have to pay for hitting it with the stump grinder, but no money.
    HAHA! i love it...LSU gets u a yard boy job. Tech lets you OWN THE YARD.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

FOX SW ran a special on UT-San Antonio "Birth of a Football Program." Pretty interesting. Obviously, UTSA will garner more in public (i.e. taxpayer) support than Tech gets from Louisiana. It's actually a multi-part series. I caught the one that mostly focused on the cheerleader squads .

The AD did express concerns about having crowds of 10-15K in the massive Alamo Dome. Makes it look worse, he said. Not to worry, Tulane is happy to get 10K in the even more massive Superdome!

+ Reply to Thread