+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Personalized Tech sign

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Personalized Tech sign

I didn't really know where to put this, but I wanted to share it with you guys and give the artist some love. My wife wanted to get me a personalized Tech sign for our anniversary, and I put a lot of thought into what I wanted to get. I asked for a hybrid of the new La. Tech logo with the bulldog in the state picture that Dawg06 has posted (thanks for letting me use it, 06; hope you'll find the sign is nice).

It's not quite finished yet, but the artist sent me an update on where it is, and it looks amazing! His name is Michael Dixon; he's based out of New Orleans, and I saw his work near Jackson Square on a recent trip there. He does all kinds of personalized signs, and his work is very, very good. If you're interested, check him out at www.michaeldixonsculptor.com.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ techblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to beholdtechblue4 is a splendid one to behold

Re: Personalized Tech sign

It is looking really nice. Do you know what else he is planning to do with it?

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techblue4 View Post
    It is looking really nice. Do you know what else he is planning to do with it?
    He has to put a lacquer on it, which he said would really make the colors pop. Essentially the background won't be white, but would be more of a gray/brown/slate color.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

My wife bought this rock for me during one of her trips to Canton. The logo is etched into the rock.

photo.JPG

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    I didn't really know where to put this, but I wanted to share it with you guys and give the artist some love. My wife wanted to get me a personalized Tech sign for our anniversary, and I put a lot of thought into what I wanted to get. I asked for a hybrid of the new La. Tech logo with the bulldog in the state picture that Dawg06 has posted (thanks for letting me use it, 06; hope you'll find the sign is nice).

It's not quite finished yet, but the artist sent me an update on where it is, and it looks amazing! His name is Michael Dixon; he's based out of New Orleans, and I saw his work near Jackson Square on a recent trip there. He does all kinds of personalized signs, and his work is very, very good. If you're interested, check him out at www.michaeldixonsculptor.com.
    No prob. Looks nice!

Here are a couple logos I altered:

Another one I like is the one techboy09 uses as his avatar:

I'm sure they would have to get permission from Tech, but I think Da Nation and TechTeamShop.com should run with these logos. I think they would sell well. At least I would buy stuff with these logos on them.

+ Reply to Thread