+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Frog Gigg'n

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Frog Gigg'n

who's done it? back in the day i used to keep an aluminum boat in the back of my truck while i was working and going to Tech. Didnt think anything about going frog GRABBING by myself. Of course now I'm much smarter and I realize im not made of steel, just bone, meat and fat and there are things out there in the swamps that wouldn't mind a feast that would last them until winter.

Big Dog Darbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the rough

Re: Frog Gigg'n

I haven't done it at least 30 years. But love it.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Well, if you go, don't forget to take along your off road commode.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...tline=&market=

(wait for the video to load)

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post
    who's done it? back in the day i used to keep an aluminum boat in the back of my truck while i was working and going to Tech. Didnt think anything about going frog GRABBING by myself. Of course now I'm much smarter and I realize im not made of steel, just bone, meat and fat and there are things out there in the swamps that wouldn't mind a feast that would last them until winter.

A lot of fun laying on the front of the boat and grabbing them by hand with someone running the outboard for you, until you shine the frog and see a large water moccasin right behind the frog ready to strike. Then you re-think what you're doing.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Big Dog SkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the roughSkeeterDawg is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    Well, if you go, don't forget to take along your off road commode.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...tline=&market=

(wait for the video to load)
    Is it surprising that their website has a disclaimer that reads: "Not intended for use while vehicle is in motion"?

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    A lot of fun laying on the front of the boat and grabbing them by hand with someone running the outboard for you, until you shine the frog and see a large water moccasin right behind the frog ready to strike. Then you re-think what you're doing.
    one dark night in a pond in the middle of bean and cotton fields in Bastrop La I had two experiences. one we were coming up to a frog with me on the front of the boat. he was sitting on some grass and i reached and grabbed him. when i brought him up a water moc came up through the grass right where i had just pulled my hand from. The other, we were coming up on a frog on the bank and were closing in. when i got about 7 feet from the sucker i saw something out of the corner of my eye. it was another moc and he had the same idea. sucker struck the frog and got him before I got any closer. thing is, where there are a lot of frogs, there's prob gonna be alot of snakes.

wading beaver ponds is another thing. water snakes like to come up and be your friend when you're carrying that big light LOL

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post
    one dark night in a pond in the middle of bean and cotton fields in Bastrop La I had two experiences. one we were coming up to a frog with me on the front of the boat. he was sitting on some grass and i reached and grabbed him. when i brought him up a water moc came up through the grass right where i had just pulled my hand from. The other, we were coming up on a frog on the bank and were closing in. when i got about 7 feet from the sucker i saw something out of the corner of my eye. it was another moc and he had the same idea. sucker struck the frog and got him before I got any closer. thing is, where there are a lot of frogs, there's prob gonna be alot of snakes.

wading beaver ponds is another thing. water snakes like to come up and be your friend when you're carrying that big light LOL
    somebody told me a story about giggin in a rice field one night, and they shone their light around and snakes were everywhere around the boat. They got the shivers and lit out for home.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ 1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light

we used to go froggin in the dugdemona swamp in winn parish. lots of frogs and lots of snakes. on at least 2 occasions that I can recall, we had mocs fall out of overhanging limbs and into the boat. talk about some quick feet!

I remember a few nights where we would catch 30+ blue/channel cats, a couple of nice ops, and 30+ frogs. good memories.

+ Reply to Thread