+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best thing I ever ate?

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Best thing I ever ate?

It's summer, so I'll start a food thread. I saw this show on the Food Network, The Best Think I Ever Ate, and it inspired me to start this thread.

List the thing you ate and the place/location.

Margarita pizza
    Carmine's Pizzeria (Brooklyn, NY)

Roast beef po boy
    Parkway Bakery and Tavern (New Orleans, LA)

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Re: Best thing I ever ate?

Best BBQ I ever ate was at the Salt Lick outside of Austin in Driftwood Texas. It was simply awesome. It's served family style. The Salt Lick is my favorite restaurant now. If you are ever near Austin you need to go. http://www.saltlickbbq.com/about_history.html They are getting to be so popular they are starting to open new locations which to me means quality will most likely suffer. Just go to the original in Driftwood. BYOB.

I've also had steaks some of the best places in D/FW. Bob's in Dallas, JR's in Colleyville, Del Frisco in Ft. Worth but I actually had the best Ribeye I had ever eaten in a surprising place: Emerils in the Warehouse district in NOLA. I cut it with a fork. Melted in my mouth. Good Stuff.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Best BBQ I ever ate was at the Salt Lick outside of Austin in Driftwood Texas. It was simply awesome. It's served family style. The Salt Lick is my favorite restaurant now. If you are ever near Austin you need to go. http://www.saltlickbbq.com/about_history.html They are getting to be so popular they are starting to open new locations which to me means quality will most likely suffer. Just go to the original in Driftwood. BYOB.

I've also had steaks some of the best places in D/FW. Bob's in Dallas, JR's in Colleyville, Del Frisco in Ft. Worth but I actually had the best Ribeye I had ever eaten in a surprising place: Emerils in the Warehouse district in NOLA. I cut it with a fork. Melted in my mouth. Good Stuff.
    Salt Lick was just okay to me. I wasnt a huge fan of their BBQ sauce (tasted like it had curry in it). Fun experience, though.

I like Hickory Hollow and Lyndon's here in Houston, both local places I believe.

Vic and Anthony's is a real good steak, along with Pappas Bros, here in Houston. Del Frisco's is legit.

Best crawfish I ever had was some hole in the wall in BR, dont even remember the name, it was like an abandoned DQ or something.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    Salt Lick was just okay to me. I wasnt a huge fan of their BBQ sauce (tasted like it had curry in it). Fun experience, though.

I like Hickory Hollow and Lyndon's here in Houston, both local places I believe.

Vic and Anthony's is a real good steak, along with Pappas Bros, here in Houston. Del Frisco's is legit.

Best crawfish I ever had was some hole in the wall in BR, dont even remember the name, it was like an abandoned DQ or something.
    Oh man I love their BBQ sauce. It's sort of unique. We buy it and bring it home. Remember Hill Country food has a German influence on it. You can taste it in the potato salad, BBQ Sauce and Sausage. I loved their sides.

My favorite sauce though is Stubbs. Nothing too fancy. You can probably get it in your grocery store down there. I usually don't like the sweet sauce like Salt Lick, I usually like the more Spicy Stubbs type of BBQ sauce. His place in Austin has a great atmosphere with their bar and live music. Food is good but not great. Sauce is great though.

Champ ddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond repute ddgravy's Avatar

For BBQ gotta go with the Railhead in FT. Worth, their ribs are to die for. Great atmosphere and bar.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Grilled beef by my brother-in-law beats anything I have ever found in a restaurant.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Oh man I love their BBQ sauce. It's sort of unique. We buy it and bring it home. Remember Hill Country food has a German influence on it. You can taste it in the potato salad, BBQ Sauce and Sausage. I loved their sides.

My favorite sauce though is Stubbs. Nothing too fancy. You can probably get it in your grocery store down there. I usually don't like the sweet sauce like Salt Lick, I usually like the more Spicy Stubbs type of BBQ sauce. His place in Austin has a great atmosphere with their bar and live music. Food is good but not great. Sauce is great though.

Many people like Luling's down here in Houston. Supposedly, Luling, TX is where it came from and claims to be the birthplace of TX BBQ. Anyways, their sauce is kind of tangy, unlike any other I have ever had. I like it, but it isnt for everyone. Lyndon's has a hickory, smoky sauce, with a little bit of sweet, I love it. I dont like your sweeter sauces, usually. Pappas BBQ down here has a sweet sauce that I cant stand.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Best sandwich - Beef Bistro Steak Sandwich from Leon's Full Service (Decatur, GA)

Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Quote Originally Posted by ddgravy View Post
    For BBQ gotta go with the Railhead in FT. Worth, their ribs are to die for. Great atmosphere and bar.
    Yeah Railhead is very good.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Best Oysters - Any of the oyster varieties that are harvested off the coast of Washington state available on the oyster menu at Oceanaire (Atlanta)

“It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Best Charcuterie - The Iberian Pig (Decatur, GA)

Pizza - Johnny's Sweep the Kitchen

Best starter - Crab Fritter from Bacchanalia (Atlanta)

Best Burger - Pretty much any of the stuff from Flip Burger Boutique (Atlanta)

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

8 oz filet mignon at Chamberlains (Dallas, TX). Although Ruth's Chris is comparable.

+ Reply to Thread