+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2011 MLB Draft

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Re: 2011 MLB Draft

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawggeorge View Post
    All three should have gone - FACT
    That's your opinion.

Champ LABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant future

I wonder where you guys are getting your information. Threlked did not sign the first offer - FACT. All three should have gone - FACT. Roliard wasn't drafted for anything he did at Tech; he was drafted because he's a 6'5" lefty who can hit 90 and has pitched 30 innings in the last 3 years and has a fresh arm - FACT. He was told by scouts about mid-season that his only chance at the next level was as a pitcher - FACT. All 3 were drafted in the first half of the draft; 931 players taken in the first 25 rounds. Of the first 931, Threlkeld was one of only 52 3rd basemen drafted (and the 28th collegiate 3rd baseman taken) and the first 3rd baseman taken by KC - FACT. Roliard and Jefferson were 2 of 497 pitchers taken among the first 931 players drafted - FACT. Threlkeld was only around 30% scholarship, while the other 2 were 70% or better - FACT. Threlkeld (and I bet the others) now has school paid for, any and all student loans paid off, money in the bank, and is living out his dream of playing professional baseball - FACT. Sim is owed no loyalty by these players. Ask some of the scouts around and they may tell you how Sim does nothing for these players. Let's just wish these guys the best and hope they represent themselves and Tech well. All you professional scouts and coaches posting on this site (laugh) are killing me! Designated Hitter - your light is off!!
    Without you listing your sources, how do we know if you're full of it or not? FACT!

Puppy bigdawggeorge is an unknown

You don't. Look up the draft numbers yourself. Ask Sim about the scholarships and see what he tells you. With all the knowledge (with no sources) everyone else is dropping on this site, I'm sure all are connected with scouts and can ask questions. I know there's a lot of sarcasm in my posts, but it's hard to read some of these and not get frustrated. With Designated Hitter saying one of those 3 was not the brightest bulb because he signed, that really got to me. I know those 3 and that was insulting to that player. And, yes you could say it's my opinion when I said all three should have gone. But, they really had nothing to gain by coming back. Sim wouldn't have used Roliard as a pitcher primarily. Jefferson's been drafted 3 times and his stats this season weren't much different than last, but had some success against the new bats. Threlkeld, while he was drafted in the 25th round, was still taken much higher at his position than the others, and he made out just fine with his money. Roliard and Threlkeld are workers, that much I know. I wish all three the best. There are just too many experts on this site. Go Dawgs!

Champ LABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant future

You don't. Look up the draft numbers yourself. Ask Sim about the scholarships and see what he tells you. With all the knowledge (with no sources) everyone else is dropping on this site, I'm sure all are connected with scouts and can ask questions. I know there's a lot of sarcasm in my posts, but it's hard to read some of these and not get frustrated. With Designated Hitter saying one of those 3 was not the brightest bulb because he signed, that really got to me. I know those 3 and that was insulting to that player. And, yes you could say it's my opinion when I said all three should have gone. But, they really had nothing to gain by coming back. Sim wouldn't have used Roliard as a pitcher primarily. Jefferson's been drafted 3 times and his stats this season weren't much different than last, but had some success against the new bats. Threlkeld, while he was drafted in the 25th round, was still taken much higher at his position than the others, and he made out just fine with his money. Roliard and Threlkeld are workers, that much I know. I wish all three the best. There are just too many experts on this site. Go Dawgs!

Thank you for a thought out post. Some of us here are close to the team (some closer than others) but we do have legitimate and correct information from time to time. Sometimes we speak from emotion (kind of like you did) and say things that ruffle a few feathers but most of us who post on the baseball board are true baseball fans (and fanatics) and truly want the best for the program. Yes, losing all three players will not help the team this next season but I believe will do fine without them. There are good players behind them that now have the opportunity to put-up or shut-up. I wish all three the best. I'm sure all the players that play college ball have thought at least once about playing in the big leagues and these guys now have that opportunity. In regards to Sims, he does things his way (and not everyone agrees with that at times) but he's the coach and until he's gone, I'll support him.

I welcome your insight and inside information concerning the team. Please continue to comment, complain, whine, cheer and cry with the rest of us.

Varsity Bulldog El Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her game

Threlkeld was one of only 52 3rd basemen drafted (and the 28th collegiate 3rd baseman taken) and the first 3rd baseman taken by KC - FACT.
    For what it's worth, the Royals drafted a few prospects ahead of Threlkeld that they plan on converting to 3B.

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

I wonder where you guys are getting your information. Threlked did not sign the first offer - FACT. All three should have gone - FACT. Roliard wasn't drafted for anything he did at Tech; he was drafted because he's a 6'5" lefty who can hit 90 and has pitched 30 innings in the last 3 years and has a fresh arm - FACT. He was told by scouts about mid-season that his only chance at the next level was as a pitcher - FACT. All 3 were drafted in the first half of the draft; 931 players taken in the first 25 rounds. Of the first 931, Threlkeld was one of only 52 3rd basemen drafted (and the 28th collegiate 3rd baseman taken) and the first 3rd baseman taken by KC - FACT. Roliard and Jefferson were 2 of 497 pitchers taken among the first 931 players drafted - FACT. Threlkeld was only around 30% scholarship, while the other 2 were 70% or better - FACT. Threlkeld (and I bet the others) now has school paid for, any and all student loans paid off, money in the bank, and is living out his dream of playing professional baseball - FACT. Sim is owed no loyalty by these players. Ask some of the scouts around and they may tell you how Sim does nothing for these players. Let's just wish these guys the best and hope they represent themselves and Tech well. All you professional scouts and coaches posting on this site (laugh) are killing me! Designated Hitter - your light is off!!

Just checked, yep, my light working just fine and nothing said negative about the whole bunch. Already commented about Jefferson's age and jump from 49th round to 22 round along with being a 4 year kid make sense to sign, Threlkeld ready and anxious back during the season, and pluses scout liked of Roliard's arm, improvement of breaking pitch, few innings of wear on arm on good frame, and all 3 getting the remaining of their schooling. So no bad news to retract a thing. I am happy for all 3 and Tech as they came to college, had chance to play and develop, and get drafted decently, and with quarter system they have chance to finish degree.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

The Pirates have a minor league team around here. Hopefully I get to see Jefferson play.

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

That's the dumbest thing I've read on here in a long time.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

All you professional scouts and coaches posting on this site (laugh) are killing me!
    And we could always use one more. Welcome to the board.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post
    That's the dumbest thing I've read on here in a long time.
    I thought it was pretty dumb also. I have no inside knowledge, but it doesnt make sense for one (Sim getting kids drafted helps his and Tech's rep). I also know a few former baseball players and all really like Sim, and they always talked about how sincere he was. I doubt he would have that rep if he was impeding players from getting drafted.

+ Reply to Thread