+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Game of Thrones

Big Dog Yarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the rough

Game of Thrones

Has anyone else seen this? Dark, gritty, intensely entertaining with epic story arcs. The most simplistic way I can describe it is a mature, dark, realistic Lord of the Rings. Even describing it as that is selling it short.

If you're not familiar with Game of Thrones, please become so. Here are a few teasers if you'd like a visual taste:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=43LW7a_NKMk

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MophfvUlfI

If you are watching it, discuss!

My favorite character has to be Tyrion Lannister. Peter Dinklage really brings him to life. A smarmy dwarf that is addicted to drink and prostitutes, not to forget his sharp wit.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Re: Game of Thrones

Do yourself a favor and read the books. They're some of the best ever.

(I haven't seen the show)

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yarfunkle View Post
    Has anyone else seen this? Dark, gritty, intensely entertaining with epic story arcs. The most simplistic way I can describe it is a mature, dark, realistic Lord of the Rings. Even describing it as that is selling it short.

If you're not familiar with Game of Thrones, please become so. Here are a few teasers if you'd like a visual taste:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=43LW7a_NKMk

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MophfvUlfI

If you are watching it, discuss!

My favorite character has to be Tyrion Lannister. Peter Dinklage really brings him to life. A smarmy dwarf that is addicted to drink and prostitutes, not to forget his sharp wit.

I prefer to call it the lord of the rings on the playboy channel

Varsity Bulldog techboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her game

I'm quickly becoming a fan. I am beginning to believe that HBO can't really make a bad show (with the exception of Treme).

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techboy09 View Post
    I'm quickly becoming a fan. I am beginning to believe that HBO can't really make a bad show (with the exception of Treme).
    I don't have HBO, but I've heard nothing but good things about that one.

Administrator AustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to beholdAustinDawg is a splendid one to behold AustinDawg's Avatar

Winter is coming.

Big Dog Yarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the roughYarfunkle is a jewel in the rough

Varsity Bulldog techboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her gametechboy09 is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    I don't have HBO, but I've heard nothing but good things about that one.
    Way too slow for my taste, my wife likes it, I could listen to the music all day long though.

+ Reply to Thread