+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Florida's version of welfare reform.......

Bulldog CooperBulldog72 is a jewel in the roughCooperBulldog72 is a jewel in the roughCooperBulldog72 is a jewel in the roughCooperBulldog72 is a jewel in the roughCooperBulldog72 is a jewel in the roughCooperBulldog72 is a jewel in the roughCooperBulldog72 is a jewel in the roughCooperBulldog72 is a jewel in the roughCooperBulldog72 is a jewel in the roughCooperBulldog72 is a jewel in the roughCooperBulldog72 is a jewel in the rough

Florida's version of welfare reform.......

I got this from my sister earlier this week...I think we will see other states following suit soon.....of course the ACLU is already talking about fighting over grounds of "right to privacy".
    http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/05/3...g-testing.html

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Re: Florida's version of welfare reform.......

I love this. There are numerous people that have to go through the same random drug testing to make the money that they are getting. I have no problem with this at all. I have had to be fingerprinted, drug tested, and pass a clearance before I got my job. When working for the Dept. of Defense they would call you in and give you an hour to be at the location to be drug tested. If I had failed I would have been fired. I hope the rest of the states pick up this policy.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Gov Scott is one of the most polarizing figures I've seen. The people here either love him or hate him.

Bulldog CooperBulldog72 is a jewel in the roughCooperBulldog72 is a jewel in the roughCooperBulldog72 is a jewel in the roughCooperBulldog72 is a jewel in the roughCooperBulldog72 is a jewel in the roughCooperBulldog72 is a jewel in the roughCooperBulldog72 is a jewel in the roughCooperBulldog72 is a jewel in the roughCooperBulldog72 is a jewel in the roughCooperBulldog72 is a jewel in the roughCooperBulldog72 is a jewel in the rough

I think this law and variations of it, in the end will test the resolve of the libs. If Louisiana were to pass this law most of the towns in the state would experience a population drop of unseen proportions because the people that receive gov't assistance and are addicted to some sort of street drug would make a B-line for states that would resist this like California. This is where the rubber will meet the road on the the "resolve part". The numbers of folks receiving welfare vs and receiving welfare and having a drug addiction would be in the majority in most situations, so I feel that not many of them will stay planted in an area where they have to submit to a drug test to continue to receive gov't assistance. California could literally become the ultimate welfare state....

Champ genpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your time genpop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CooperBulldog72 View Post
    I got this from my sister earlier this week...I think we will see other states following suit soon.....of course the ACLU is already talking about fighting over grounds of "right to privacy".
    http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/05/3...g-testing.html

Wow that sucks....... I can just imagine a young man or woman that just lost their job, who has a couple of young kids, feeling very dejected and lost and now when they turn to their government for help to bridge the gap in looking for a new job, they're humiliated even more?

Quote Originally Posted by genpop View Post
    Wow that sucks....... I can just imagine a young man or woman that just lost their job, who has a couple of young kids, feeling very dejected and lost and now when they turn to their government for help to bridge the gap in looking for a new job, they're humiliated even more?
    When they go out and get a new job they are going to have to go through this process, anyone that is truely clean shouldn't have a problem with it.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Ditto what Cooper wrote. Did you not submit to a background check and drug screen last time someone hired you? Hello?

I'm actually working on a similar concept, though the drug test part is a minor piece, for the LA Medicaid program to present in baton rouge. Our state and country will have to address accountability or we will go bankrupt. Get over it. For what it's worth, not addressing patient accountability is why "healthcare reform" doesn't work.

Champ genpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your time genpop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    Ditto what Cooper wrote. Did you not submit to a background check and drug screen last time someone hired you? Hello?

I'm actually working on a similar concept, though the drug test part is a minor piece, for the LA Medicaid program to present in baton rouge. Our state and country will have to address accountability or we will go bankrupt. Get over it. For what it's worth, not addressing patient accountability is why "healthcare reform" doesn't work.

I guess you all will pat yourself on the back when the government kick people off of welfare because of drug use. Just remember when you are patting yourself on the back, some child has nothing to eat through no fault of his/her own. As a kid, you can't control who your parents are or what they do.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

I guess you all will pat yourself on the back when the government kick people off of welfare because of drug use. Just remember when you are patting yourself on the back, some child has nothing to eat through no fault of his/her own. As a kid, you can't control who your parents are or what they do.
    I guess you didn't read the article. There is a provision for that. Next.

I guess you didn't read the article. There is a provision for that. Next.

Ok, well my question was answered. It seems to me though that the program will cost more money than it will save. So many drug tests and the cost for administration and human resources will be extremely expensive.

Ok, well my question was answered. It seems to me though that the program will cost more money than it will save. So many drug tests and the cost for administration and human resources will be extremely expensive.
    You see, that's your problem...it doesn't matter if it costs less. It has nothing to do with saving money. It's about accountably. Why can't you understand that? (rhetorical question)

You see, that's your problem...it doesn't matter if it costs less. It has nothing to do with saving money. It's about accountably. Why can't you understand that? (rhetorical question)

Because in a climate where the states are working with fewer dollars, they should be finding ways to save dollars...not to try to send folks a message by adding to their misery.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Drug test are cheaper than paying out benefits. Administering them will get cheaper as the amount of enrollees drop due to failed test.

Because in a climate where the states are working with fewer dollars, they should be finding ways to save dollars...not to try to send folks a message by adding to their misery.
    If you are so blinded that you can't see cause and affect between the two then you are an idiot doing nothing but feeding the political wool over your eyes. You don't understand the problems, and you probably don't care as long as you make your statement...and that is seriously irresponsible. And the fact that both sides have so many in office just like you is why we may never fix them, regardless of who is in the white house.

This country will die unless people like you grow up, stop playing politics, and enter reality. See things for what they are. Quit putting band aids on the symptoms instead of fixing the problem, and then apologizing for it. But we can't do that because you don't get re-elected by implementing what actually needs to be done. We have to choose the ineffective pc compromise. And don't sellout by calling me a "teapublican" just because you dont have an intelligent response. I'm talking to republicans also.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

The best way to save money is to get rid of all the big spending democrats in our government...especially the one in the white house

+ Reply to Thread