+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: YAY!! Rain in South Texas!!

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

YAY!! Rain in South Texas!!

Did all my fellow San Antonio and Austin Dawgs see the rain all night last night??? The friggin' CACTUS near my place has been dying lately, so it was a very very welcome site to see the heavy rain last night. Rain usually puts me to sleep, but I was so shocked by it that I laid awake for a while. Apparently around 3" of rain fell possibly around Stone Oak? All I know is it's great for some of the annihilated lawns and such. I wish we could have a few more days of that, to help the aquifer, but oh well...

Champ DQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to behold

Re: YAY!! Rain in South Texas!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ktulu7 View Post
    Did all my fellow San Antonio and Austin Dawgs see the rain all night last night??? The friggin' CACTUS near my place has been dying lately, so it was a very very welcome site to see the heavy rain last night. Rain usually puts me to sleep, but I was so shocked by it that I laid awake for a while. Apparently around 3" of rain fell possibly around Stone Oak? All I know is it's great for some of the annihilated lawns and such. I wish we could have a few more days of that, to help the aquifer, but oh well...
    Keep Paying The Preacher, and you'll get more!!!!

Champ BRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to behold

Careful! A few years back in BR, we were having a drought like this one and our priest asked everyone to pray for rain. A couple of weeks later we had tropical storm Allison(sp) that flooded most of south Louisiana and south Texas. So, be careful what you pray for.

Big Dog Dawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to behold Dawgbert's Avatar

Hopefully they will wait a couple of days before checking the aquifer. I really don't want to go into stage three watering. My yard is stressed enough as it is.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Rain was a welcome sight. The way the rules on the water restrictions works, if I'm correct, is we only need the level to drop below that level once and then we have to wait a whole month for it to lift. There are cedar trees across the street from me that are dieing. Even the temperature today has abaded from the "torturous" it has been for quiet some time. I saw 115 degrees on my car thermostat in the parking lot of Central Market last week and it didn't drop below 108 all the way home!
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, according to the weather guy on WOAI, the aquifer has to reach a 10-day average of less than 640'. We had dipped below 640' for a day or two before the rain came. I'm actually seeing CACTUS die a bit around my neighborhood. THAT's when you know it's bad. I noticed Lake Travis was dried wayyyyy up west of Austin this past weekend when I was out driving on RM-2222. Lots of piers just look like houses on stilts out there now. It's been brutally hot and dry... There was a story in the news yesterday about the Guadalupe River north of Canyon Lake being dried up too. I picked a great time to move here, hahaha

By the way, us Alamo Dawgs need to meet up sometime. I'm Tech'd out at work today, even drinkin' from my Tech thermos a bit of morning tea. (Thanks, TechLAX!)

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Wow. I didn't know there were this many Dawgs in S.A. I need to move down there.

I'm sure there are way more grads in DFW than in San Antonio. However, it's pretty awesome down here, so move here anyway, haha. Getting to games up in Ruston shall be quite the challenge though, compared to going from DFW, or in my case, Baton Rouge. I passed someone with an LSUseless sticker on my work commute today and got in front of them so they could see the gleaming State-T on my car.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

I'm sure there are way more grads in DFW than in San Antonio. However, it's pretty awesome down here, so move here anyway, haha. Getting to games up in Ruston shall be quite the challenge though, compared to going from DFW, or in my case, Baton Rouge. I passed someone with an LSUseless sticker on my work commute today and got in front of them so they could see the gleaming State-T on my car.
    I've kind of wanted to move down there anyways. I just like the town and I like how close it is to the Hill Country. Would need to find a job first and then talk the wife and kids into it as well. You never know though.

It took me a while to find a job here, but the economy now is seeming to REALLY pick up in San Antonio. I live a little north-central from Loop 1604 and am in the Hill Country, and it's great. I haven't had any problem finding some decent Cajun restaurants or crawfish here either, so I'm pretty much set. You can't run out of things to do here, the folks are really nice, and the scenery is great (to me, anyway).

The Eagle Ford Shale is bringing a ton of oil business here, particularly to the SW side, and several renewable energy companies are hiring hundreds, supposedly. Then there are the traditional big places here, like Valero, ClearChannel, and USAA. If you're an IT guy, I might actually have something for you at Harland Clarke, depending on what you do. We need another .NET person on my team ASAP.

It took me a while to find a job here, but the economy now is seeming to REALLY pick up in San Antonio. I live a little north-central from Loop 1604 and am in the Hill Country, and it's great. I haven't had any problem finding some decent Cajun restaurants or crawfish here either, so I'm pretty much set. You can't run out of things to do here, the folks are really nice, and the scenery is great (to me, anyway).

The Eagle Ford Shale is bringing a ton of oil business here, particularly to the SW side, and several renewable energy companies are hiring hundreds, supposedly. Then there are the traditional big places here, like Valero, ClearChannel, and USAA. If you're an IT guy, I might actually have something for you at Harland Clarke, depending on what you do. We need another .NET person on my team ASAP.
    Nah, I'm in the homebuilding industry so I have taken an enormous hit the last few years. But the good news is if the job market is picking up there than they will eventually start building there as well.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Nah, I'm in the homebuilding industry so I have taken an enormous hit the last few years. But the good news is if the job market is picking up there than they will eventually start building there as well.
    The Express News had an article today stating that the high value homes and the low value homes are selling well here in SA. The medium value homes aren't doing well. Here is the link.

High-endhousingmarket still good

I live on the second hill of the hill country on I-10W. Just past Fiesta Texas. I really love this location and the city.

I'll volunteer to host the SA Dawgs gathering when we decide to all get together. We just need to decide when and figure out all the Dawgs in the area and notify them.
    WWDog
    La Tech

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    The Express News had an article today stating that the high value homes and the low value homes are selling well here in SA. The medium value homes aren't doing well. Here is the link.

High-endhousingmarket still good

I'll volunteer to host the SA Dawgs gathering when we decide to all get together. We just need to decide when and figure out all the Dawgs in the area and notify them.
    My son, a Tech grad, lives at Hwy 1604 and Braun Rd. He checks BB&B once and awhile. You folks can become the host group for the games down there.

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    My son, a Tech grad, lives at Hwy 1604 and Braun Rd. He checks BB&B once and awhile. You folks can become the host group for the games down there.
    I think I have met your son at a TECH UTSA game.

I was pondering the host thing when the TECH games come to town. We will have to discuss that point.
    WWDog
    La Tech

+ Reply to Thread