+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Troy Edwards on

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Re: Troy Edwards on

Quote Originally Posted by kdaniel72 View Post
    I think Dooley had built a Run heavy Pro Style attack and that it is going to take Sonny D time to get his players here. However he has had two years to find a QB he liked and he has yet to find one. I am a TB fan and hope he gets a chance however I think that the True Freshman will start this year at some point. The freshman might be our Tim Rattay!!!!!
    Crowton was an OC here too. So, he wasn't exactly new to the Tech recruiting trail...

Champ kdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    And he won 6 games (and lost to ULL and ASU).

I'm not sure what you're arguing here. Yes, it's the head coach's job to get players, but not until he actually gets hired.

How could Dykes have "got players" like Rattay or Edwards if he wasn't here?

I think he was 6-5 in his first year? The ULL team he lost to also beat Texas A&M that year (I Think). If Ross was the QB vs Southern Miss we would have won that game by 14 points and gone to a bowl. Sonny cost us at least one win by not getting that position called correctly. Lets see how much Sonny D has grown as a coach in year two. My bet is that he learned from last year.

Champ kdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123 View Post
    Crowton was an OC here too. So, he wasn't exactly new to the Tech recruiting trail...
    That is a great point!

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

I think Dooley had built a Run heavy Pro Style attack and that it is going to take Sonny D time to get his players here. However he has had two years to find a QB he liked and he has yet to find one. I am a TB fan and hope he gets a chance however I think that the True Freshman will start this year at some point. The freshman might be our Tim Rattay!!!!!
    I agree with all of that. Especially the first line. Except I wouldn't say he has had 2 years to find a QB and hasn't found one yet. Isham or Burch might be good finds. Also while unlikely what if, Cameron has actually improved as much as some are saying and he does do a solid job for us this year? You never know. Year two hasn't even begun yet. I'm optomistic. I really think Sonny knows what he is doing. I also think Dooleys offensive philosophy scared off good QB's. If you are a good QB and you are'nt going to an SEC type of school, you at least want to go where you can air it out. I have no doubt in my mind that as much as he loved our Forestry Program that we don't land a McCown if Dooley is the head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    I agree with all of that. Especially the first line. Except I wouldn't say he has had 2 years to find a QB and hasn't found one yet. Isham or Burch might be good finds. Also while unlikely what if, Cameron has actually improved as much as some are saying and he does do a solid job for us this year? You never know. Year two hasn't even begun yet. I'm optomistic. I really think Sonny knows what he is doing. I also think Dooleys offensive philosophy scared off good QB's. If you are a good QB and you are'nt going to an SEC type of school, you at least want to go where you can air it out. I have no doubt in my mind that as much as he loved our Forestry Program that we don't land a McCown if Dooley is the head coach.

I agree 100%. I have a prediction if you are intrested.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

And I beleive if they had won the season ending game at A-State we would have landed in the I-bowl who was struggling to find an opponent that year...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

I agree 100%. I have a prediction if you are intrested.
    Definitely. Isham by week 3 or 4?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Definitely. Isham by week 3 or 4?
    Sonny can not afford to play musical chairs this year. One of two things happen. 1. Opening day starter/or starts vs Central Ark. 2. CC starts vs Southern Miss, FBS, UH and MSU and NI starts week 5!

Champ girldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud ofgirldawg has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post
    I must admit, I had never heard of an ass hat before this thread. But it seemed extremely funny to me everytime I read it. I just broke down and Googled "ass hat" and thanks to the Urban Dictionary I now know what it is.
    We continue to be educated by BB&B!

+ Reply to Thread