View Poll Results: What Should Congress Do?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Republican route - $1 increase in debt ceiling to $1 decrease in deficit

16 66.67%
  • Democrat route - ~$2 trillion in spending cuts

2 8.33%
  • Other - your suggestion

6 25.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: U.S. Defaulting on Debt

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Re: U.S. Defaulting on Debt

Quote Originally Posted by genpop View Post
    Yeah that destroyed constitution sure has provided a decent lifestyle for you hasn't it? BTW, What will YOU be doing on July 4th?
    Lets sell genpoops organs and place the money in the national coffers. his vagina should draw a dollar or two

Champ Allgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Lets sell genpoops organs and place the money in the national coffers. his vagina should draw a dollar or two
    Be sure to give it a few shakes before pawning it. Gets all the sand out.

Big Dog Snapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to beholdSnapdawg is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    We still lose considerably on the interest with a "balanced" budget. That number will get larger and larger.

Too bad they aren't trustworthy, or you could just put that 5% tariff on the millionaire's and require that it goes strictly to nation debt and the interest. Nothing else.
    This thread is ridiculous. The US will not default on its debt. It will simply cut spending somewhere and continue to make debt payments until the political pressure gets great enough to drive an agreement. Talk of defaulting is just political posturing. Debt servicing is a fraction of federal receipts.

On millionaires funding the resolution of our debt problem, If the federal government took 100% of the income of millionaires, it would cover about 65% of the current deficit, leaving not one penny to cover resolution of the debt issue. The unwashed masses of poverty stricken 51% of US citizens who do not pay any income tax will have to give up a cell phone or one of the two or three family cars to come up with the difference. Or, face reality and accept that the nation must address serious spending cuts.

Champ genpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your time genpop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    The destroyed Constitution didn't provide a decent lifestyle for me.
    I have provided a decent lifestyle for me.
    I will be working on the 4th.
    Ohhh that's right...you're the resident anarchist on the forum. Government hasn't ever helped anyone ever.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Ohhh that's right...you're the resident anarchist on the forum. Government hasn't ever helped anyone ever.
    A government that follows the Constitution would have helped everyone more.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ longdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    Greece WILL default on its debt. Their default has simply been "kicked down the road" for now. Unless out of control entitlements are addressed in this country RIGHT NOW, the US WILL default on its debt as well. I see no way around it, and the longer we put it off, the worse it will be. It would be nice if we all could have everything we want, anytime we want it, but life simply doesn't work that way. Every known empire throughout history has collapsed under the weight of its spending. We can not continue to maintain a military that is capable of projecting its power around the world, while at the same time financing the lifestyles of over half of our population, a half that contributes nothing to society other than dope addicts, criminals, and more welfare dependents. It is simply not a sustainable business plan. Yes, the US Government WILL default on its debt. It is only a matter of time, and it will be very ugly.
    It won't happen, don't believe everything you hear on the radio

Champ longdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    The destroyed Constitution didn't provide a decent lifestyle for me. The brave ones who have sacrificed and fallen defending our constitution have given us all opportunities. I have capitalized on those opportunities and provided a decent lifestyle for me. I will be working on the 4th.
    Fixed it for you. :icon_wink:

Champ genpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your time genpop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by longdawgview View Post
    Fixed it for you. :icon_wink:

I know you weren't agreeing with me but I couldn't agree with you more.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg View Post
    Saw something today that said that the "debt ceiling" is unconstitutional because of the 14th Amendment. Makes cents to me.

The US is liable for all lawful debt authorized by Congress. The sky is the limit.
    If Congress authorizes it....exactly what makes the "debt ceiling" constitutional. Of course if the Constitution was being followed as intended when written, we wouldn't be in this mess in the first place since a large chunk of the Federal government wouldn't never have been allowed to be created.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
    If Congress authorizes it....exactly what makes the "debt ceiling" constitutional. Of course if the Constitution was being followed as intended when written, we wouldn't be in this mess in the first place since a large chunk of the Federal government wouldn't never have been allowed to be created.

Why don't you go run along to a country that does follow its constitution if you hate this one so much. That's the only BS you and Guiss ever drivel about. Same old boring song.

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by longdawgview View Post
    It won't happen, don't believe everything you hear on the radio
    The fact that the US Government has the ability to print as many dollars as it needs to in order to be able to pay off it's debt is the only thing that will prevent it from defaulting. And by the way, my opinion isn't based on anything I've heard on the radio, it is based on my knowledge of economics as well as world history.

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    The fact that the US Government has the ability to print as many dollars as it needs to in order to be able to pay off it's debt is the only thing that will prevent it from defaulting. And by the way, my opinion isn't based on anything I've heard on the radio, it is based on my knowledge of economics as well as world history.
    Obviously your teacher wasn't very good. Printing money to pay the debt is worse than not paying the debt at all.

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Obviously your teacher wasn't very good. Printing money to pay the debt is worse than not paying the debt at all.
    No shit Sherlock. The fact that the US Treasury has devalued the dollar by printing an extra $1.5 trillion of them is a bad thing. That was exactly my point. I've yet to see you make a post that wasn't stupid. This one is another perfect example of your intellect.
    Last edited by brtransplant; 07-02-2011 at 09:31 PM.

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Allgood View Post
    What do you think Congress should do to avoid allowing the U.S. to default on debt? Forgive me if this seems half-baked, but I wanted to know some educated opinions and needed a study break.
    Where did you get the idea that the DUMBocrats are serious about cutting $2MMMM?
    Originally Posted by champion110
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

Originally Posted by champion110
    In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Turn out the lights and go home, what a joke they have all become.

+ Reply to Thread