+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy birthday USA

Champ BRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to behold

Happy birthday USA

An educator that actually makes sense:

A Speech Every American High School Principal Should Give.... By Dennis Prager.

To the students and faculty of our high school: I am your new principal, and honored to be so. There is no greater calling than to teach young people. I would like to apprise you of some important changes coming to our school. I am making these changes because I am convinced that most of the ideas that have dominated public education in America have worked against you, against your teachers and against our country.

First, this school will no longer honor race or ethnicity. I could not care less if your racial makeup is black, brown, red, yellow or white.. could not care less if your origins are African, Latin American, Asian or European, or if your ancestors arrived here on the Mayflower or on slave ships. The only identity I care about, the only one this school will recognize, is your individual identity -- your character, your scholarship, your humanity. And the only national identity this school will care about is American. This is an American public school, and American public schools were created to make better Americans. If you wish to affirm an ethnic, racial or religious identity through school, you will have to go elsewhere. We will end all ethnicity, race and non-American nationality-based celebrations. They undermine the motto of America , one of its three central values -- e pluribus Unum, "from many, one." And this school will be guided by America 's values. This includes all after-school clubs. I will not authorize clubs that divide students based on any identities. This includes race, language, religion, sexual orientation or whatever else may become in vogue in a society divided by political correctness. Your clubs will be based on interests and passions, not blood, ethnic, racial or other physically defined ties. Those clubs just cultivate narcissism -- an unhealthy preoccupation with the self -- while the purpose of education is to get you to think beyond yourself. So we will have clubs that transport you to the wonders and glories of art, music, astronomy, languages you do not already speak, carpentry and more. If the only extracurricular activities you can imagine being interested in are those based on ethnic, racial or sexual identity, that means that little outside of yourself really interests you.

Second, I am uninterested in whether English is your native language. My only interest in terms of language is that you leave this school speaking and writing English as fluently as possible. The English language has united America 's citizens for over 200 years, and it will unite us at this school. It is one of the indispensable reasons this country of immigrants has always come to be one country. And if you leave this school without excellent English language skills, I would be remiss in my duty to ensure that you will be prepared to successfully compete in the American job market. We will learn other languages here -- it is deplorable that most Americans only speak English --but if you want classes taught in your native language rather than in English, this is not your school.

Third, because I regard learning as a sacred endeavor, everything in this school will reflect learning's elevated status. This means, among other things, that you and your teachers will dress accordingly. Many people in our society dress more formally for Hollywood events than for church or school. These people have their priorities backward. Therefore, there will be a formal dress code at this school.

Fourth, no obscene language will be tolerated anywhere on this school's property -- whether in class, in the hallways or at athletic events. If you can't speak without using the f-word, you can't speak. By obscene language I mean the words banned by the Federal Communications Commission, plus epithets such as "Nigger," even when used by one black student to address another black, or "bitch," even when addressed by a girl to a girlfriend. It is my intent that by the time you leave this school, you will be among the few your age to instinctively distinguish between the elevated and the degraded, the holy and the obscene.

Fifth, we will end all self-esteem programs. In this school, self-esteem will be attained in only one way -- the way people attained it until decided otherwise a generation ago -- by earning it. One immediate consequence is that there will be one valedictorian, not eight. Sixth, and last, I am reorienting the school toward academics and away from politics and propaganda. No more time will be devoted to scaring you about smoking and caffeine, or terrifying you about sexual harassment or global warming. No more semesters will be devoted to condom wearing and teaching you to regard sexual relations as only or primarily a health issue. There will be no more attempts to convince you that you are a victim because you are not white, or not male, or not heterosexual or not Christian. We will have failed if any one of you graduates this school and does not consider him or herself inordinately lucky -- to be alive and to be an American.

Now, please stand and join me in the Pledge of Allegiance to the flag of our country. As many of you do not know the words, your teachers will hand them out to you.

Champ ddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond repute ddgravy's Avatar

Re: Happy birthday USA

+1000

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

+2000

"All roads lead to Putin" -- Thomas Jefferson

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg View Post
    +2000
    nyark

like you believe in what HH was saying. you need to / yourself
    Originally Posted by champion110
    I am less angry this morning and ready to get back up on the horse. That girl was a freak last night.

Originally Posted by champion110
    In fact, I finally had to tell her to stop over the last weekend, because I was worn out and needed a break.

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogtorEvil View Post
    nyark

like you believe in what HH was saying. you need to / yourself
    sad and pathetic

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

#1, #1, #1, .................

OOPS !!! Maybe being #1 is not always so good, what ??

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/a...s-the-world-in

Champ genpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your time genpop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post

And my response to you is so what? Every other country in the world is #1 in some dreadful category as well. Unless we're perfect then we'd have to be #1 in something as well. I get so tired of irritants like you claiming to love your country but are so eager to find negatives about it to prove some useless point. You and Guiss and really bad about that. Leave it to you guys though, you're the most patriotic people ever.

Quote Originally Posted by genpop View Post
    And my response to you is so what? Every other country in the world is #1 in some dreadful category as well. Unless we're perfect then we'd have to be #1 in something as well. I get so tired of irritants like you claiming to love your country but are so eager to find negatives about it to prove some useless point. You and Guiss and really bad about that. Leave it to you guys though, you're the most patriotic people ever.
    That's a terrible post Genpop. The USA is #1 in a lot of those unfavorable catagories because the country has become self-centered, lazy, morally corrupted and pleasure seeking because of our wealth and preoccupation with mass media. Nobody said that we have to be perfect but when you are #1 in so many of those catagories alarm bells should be going off in your head.

I guess your attitude is because you are young and didn't know what the country used to be like. I don't think nadB was presenting the link to prove any point but rather to present some naked facts for your consumption.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg View Post
    That's a terrible post Genpop. The USA is #1 in a lot of those unfavorable catagories because the country has become self-centered, lazy, morally corrupted and pleasure seeking because of our wealth and preoccupation with mass media. Nobody said that we have to be perfect but when you are #1 in so many of those catagories alarm bells should be going off in your head.

I guess your attitude is because you are young and didn't know what the country used to be like. I don't think nadB was presenting the link to prove any point but rather to present some naked facts for your consumption.
    Mentoring is one way to improve America. Thanks for taking the time to invest in this young person.

Champ genpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your time genpop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Mentoring is one way to improve America. Thanks for taking the time to invest in this young person.

Asshole indeed.

Varsity Bulldog dphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her game

7 of the top 10 on the list pretty much just showed that we enforce the laws that we pass. To many police doing their jobs. Thats a problem?

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dphindawg View Post
    7 of the top 10 on the list pretty much just showed that we enforce the laws that we pass. To many police doing their jobs. Thats a problem?
    ?? WTH you talking about ??

Pls. expound.

TIA

Varsity Bulldog dphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her game

Prison growth exploded with mandatory sentencing due to "war on drugs". The need for more police goes hand in hand with this. America shows to have the highest rate of people to have used "illegal" drugs with us slightly beating out New Zeland by .5%. Since we have pretty much half of our population willing to admit they have tried drugs, and harsh drug laws that lead to prison time for minimum offenses prisons get over filled. The link the original link uses as reference states that drug use is problem in primarily affluent countries. Ok we have a problem other coutries couldn't afford to have (or consider a problem, what was Afganistan most profitable crop heroin, cocaine from columbia). This also goes into most crimes reported in world. America we report every little thing that happens.

In the link used as a reference in the original link shows that america has the highest rape and murder rate, but also states that people in america consider there self the second safest country in the world?

So here is the question is america over run with crime due to we report each incident and attempt to imprison are criminals. Would it be better if we just looked the other way like they do in Mexico in regards to the drug trade and the on going drug wars that ravish the country. In african countries they rape virgins in hopes of curing aids or middle east they stone rape victims for adultry, but they have a lower rape rate because its not considered rape.

Ok since we need to lower these crime rates and getting people out of prison, what do you suggest. Legalize drug use? Out law guns, knives, pitchforks, wet noodles and any other weapon you can think of? Reduce the amount of law enforcement? Increase law enforcement to a point that there is a cop for every two people to make sure there is no crime. Get rid of minimum sentencing?

Quote Originally Posted by dphindawg View Post
    Lots of those 7 items were reported crimes, and the numbers weren't (necessarily) indicative of the level of enforcement of "the laws that we pass".

Based upon the numbers in those 7 items, how do you figure we have "too many police doing their jobs", unless you consider that the police are "doing their jobs" if they merely tabulate and report the numbers and types of crimes ??

Only problem I have is with police unions (where they exist) pricing their services so high as to be an excessive burden on the wage slaves.

Also, lots of serious crime is localized to the extent that it should be no surprise that most Americans feel pretty safe.

Lots of those 7 items were reported crimes, and the numbers weren't (necessarily) indicative of the level of enforcement of "the laws that we pass".

Based upon the numbers in those 7 items, how do you figure we have "too many police doing their jobs", unless you consider that the police are "doing their jobs" if they merely tabulate and report the numbers and types of crimes ??

Only problem I have is with police unions (where they exist) pricing their services so high as to be an excessive burden on the wage slaves.

Also, lots of serious crime is localized to the extent that it should be no surprise that most Americans feel pretty safe.
    The oringinal link also didn't show any stats about how many of these crimes are going unsolved, but it does show we have the largest jail population on the planet. I figure they were arrested by police.

The average income for a police officer is around $49k. I don't thinkg thats outrageous.http://www1.salary.com/police-officer-Salary.html

UAW workers who are in less danger, less training, and less skill make on average $59k. Need a union to hate this is the one. http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/...n4630103.shtml

the branch manager of McDonalds makes $36K. would you prefer that someone who on a daily basis puts there life on the line to make less than the head fry cook?

+ Reply to Thread