+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2011-2012 Lady Techster Basketball Schedule

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Re: 2011-2012 Schedule

Sat. Nov. 19 at Oral Roberts

Big Dog Kiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her game

I seem to remember a website last year where you could see different schools looking to fill gaps in their schedules, does anyone know what I am talking about? We might find some info about the schedule there.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Techster View Post
    I seem to remember a website last year where you could see different schools looking to fill gaps in their schedules, does anyone know what I am talking about? We might find some info about the schedule there.
    I don't remember that.

This is what we know so far...

2011-2012 Lady Techsters Basketball Schedule

Thurs. Nov. 24 vs. Seton Hall (US Virgin Islands)
    Fri. Nov. 25 vs. Old Dominion (US Virgin Islands)
    Sat. Nov. 26 vs. Alabama (US Virgin Islands)
    Thurs. Jan. 12 vs. Idaho
    Sat. Jan. 14 vs. Utah State
    Sat. Jan. 21 at San Jose State
    Sat. Feb. 4 vs. Fresno State

Thurs. Feb. 9 at Utah State
    Sat. Feb. 11 at Idaho
    Thurs. Feb. 16 vs. San Jose State
    Thurs. Mar. 1 at Fresno State

vs. Hawai'i
    at Hawai'i
    vs. Nevada
    at Nevada
    vs. New Mexico State
    at New Mexico State

Last edited by Dawg06; 08-17-2011 at 09:30 PM.

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

I remember that. It was really quite interesting to peruse. It must have shown up on some thread in this forum.

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BuzDawg73 View Post
    I remember that. It was really quite interesting to peruse. It must have shown up on some thread in this forum.
    http://bti.sportshd.com/womens_sched...ech+University

Varsity Bulldog gramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the roughgramtech is a jewel in the rough

Dec. 29 LSU comes to the TAC.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by gramtech View Post
    Dec. 29 LSU comes to the TAC.
    Excellent news! We are on the climb and they are going down the hill. It will be interesting to see what their new coach can do. She is an up and comer, but her accomplishments at UCLA were not THAT impressive.

Added:
    at Arkansas State
    vs. Mississippi State

Wed. Nov. 16 at Arkansas State
    Sun. Dec. 11 vs. Mississippi State
    Thurs. Dec. 29 vs. LSU
    Thurs. Jan. 12 vs. Idaho
    Thurs. Jan. 19 at Hawai'i

Sat. Feb. 11 at Idaho
    Sat. Feb. 18 vs. Hawai'i
    Mar. 7-10 WAC Tournament in Las Vegas

TBA:
    vs. Nevada
    at Nevada
    vs. New Mexico State
    at New Mexico State
    Last edited by Dawg06; 08-24-2011 at 03:15 AM.

Champ rebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond reputerebelboi has a reputation beyond repute rebelboi's Avatar

Lady Techsters @ Western Kentucky on Dec. 5

http://bgdailynews.com/articles/2011...ts/sports4.txt

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Excellent news! We are on the climb and they are going down the hill. It will be interesting to see what their new coach can do. She is an up and comer, but her accomplishments at UCLA were not THAT impressive.
    If you are going to make statements like the above, I am going to provide the counter weight. The Techsters being "on the rise" is true, and everyone is happy to see that. But by continuing to wear the "lsu chip" on the shoulder of the program, the program itself is not reaching high enough, in my opinion. Beating a team that is going "down hill" isn't much to crow about. Beating good and great teams is the mark of another great team. Let's hope LSU's program is NOT headed down hill and that the Techsters beat them. That will demonstrate clearly that the program is "rising" each year. Caldwell is an incredible addition to LSU's program. Just like Spoon is to Tech. I understand rivalry, I don't understand the need to bash a program that could very well become a great in-state AND national rivalry and generate much-needed press for the Tech program somewhere outside of Louisiana.

"Nikki Caldwell, recognized as one of the nation's top assistant coaches during stints at Tennessee and at Virginia, is putting together an impressive head coaching resume as well as she prepares to begin her third year in charge of the Bruin program after being named the Pac-10 Conference Coach of the Year for 2009-10.
    Her second Bruin team finished with 25 wins, the fourth-most in school history, and advanced to the second round of the NCAA Tournament. After a mid-January setback in conference play, the Bruins lost only to NCAA runner-up Stanford (twice) and No. 4-ranked Nebraska, two No. 1 NCAA Tournament seeds, while winning 15 of its last 18 contests. The squad matched the school mark for conference wins in a season with 15, while taking second in the Pac-10. It also set a school record by limiting opponents to 57.5 points per game.

Her 2009 Bruin team completed her inaugural campaign with a 19-12 record and tied for fourth place in the Pac-10 Conference. The 19 wins matched the number for the 10th-best total in school history. The total of 13 home wins tied for the second-most in school annals. In addition, for the first time since the 1986-87 season, the Bruins won as many as nine pre-season, non-conference games.

Caldwell and staff then proceeded to haul in the 14th-ranked recruiting class in the nation, headlined by McDonald's All-American Markel Walker from Philadelphia, PA. The staff added another McDonald's All-American for 2009-10 in transfer Jasmine Dixon."

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    If you are going to make statements like the above, I am going to provide the counter weight. The Techsters being "on the rise" is true, and everyone is happy to see that. But by continuing to wear the "lsu chip" on the shoulder of the program, the program itself is not reaching high enough, in my opinion. Beating a team that is going "down hill" isn't much to crow about. Beating good and great teams is the mark of another great team. Let's hope LSU's program is NOT headed down hill and that the Techsters beat them. That will demonstrate clearly that the program is "rising" each year. Caldwell is an incredible addition to LSU's program. Just like Spoon is to Tech. I understand rivalry, I don't understand the need to bash a program that could very well become a great in-state AND national rivalry and generate much-needed press for the Tech program somewhere outside of Louisiana.

"Nikki Caldwell, recognized as one of the nation's top assistant coaches during stints at Tennessee and at Virginia, is putting together an impressive head coaching resume as well as she prepares to begin her third year in charge of the Bruin program after being named the Pac-10 Conference Coach of the Year for 2009-10.
    Her second Bruin team finished with 25 wins, the fourth-most in school history, and advanced to the second round of the NCAA Tournament. After a mid-January setback in conference play, the Bruins lost only to NCAA runner-up Stanford (twice) and No. 4-ranked Nebraska, two No. 1 NCAA Tournament seeds, while winning 15 of its last 18 contests. The squad matched the school mark for conference wins in a season with 15, while taking second in the Pac-10. It also set a school record by limiting opponents to 57.5 points per game.

Her 2009 Bruin team completed her inaugural campaign with a 19-12 record and tied for fourth place in the Pac-10 Conference. The 19 wins matched the number for the 10th-best total in school history. The total of 13 home wins tied for the second-most in school annals. In addition, for the first time since the 1986-87 season, the Bruins won as many as nine pre-season, non-conference games.

Caldwell and staff then proceeded to haul in the 14th-ranked recruiting class in the nation, headlined by McDonald's All-American Markel Walker from Philadelphia, PA. The staff added another McDonald's All-American for 2009-10 in transfer Jasmine Dixon."
    They are an in-state rival that overtook our seat for a little while. I was saying it was time to get it back. Get over it. And PLEASE red dot me like you did Tyler. You have to argue with everyone. If you can't find something, you will make it up - just to argue. Yes, I wish their program would fall to obscurity. For recruiting and for the top spot in Louisiana again, we need them to fall AND we need to climb rapidly. No, being top in Louisiana isn't enough, but we need that back first!

Added:
    at Western Kentucky
    at New Mexico State
    vs. New Mexico State

Wed. Nov. 16 at Arkansas State
    Mon. Dec. 5 at Western Kentucky
    Sun. Dec. 11 vs. Mississippi State
    Thurs. Dec. 29 vs. LSU
    Thurs. Jan. 12 vs. Idaho
    Sat. Jan. 28 at New Mexico State
    Sat. Feb. 11 at Idaho
    Sat. Feb. 18 vs. Hawai'i
    Sat. Feb. 25 vs. New Mexico State
    Mar. 7-10 WAC Tournament in Las Vegas

TBA:
    vs. Nevada
    at Nevada

Big Dog Kiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her gameKiwi Techster is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    TYVM!

<frantically switching to www.airnewzealand.co.nz to check for flights>

Doesn't Tulane owe us a game at the TAC?

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Doesn't Tulane owe us a game at the TAC?
    Tulane hasn't released their schedule yet. They should return a game to the TAC, but BVDV may have burned that bridge...

Assumptions
    at Houston
    vs. Tulane
    vs. UALR
    vs. Missouri State

+ Reply to Thread