+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Casey Anthony found not guilty

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Casey Anthony found not guilty

This was a case with a lot of circumstantial evidence and some new forensic analysis that was not court approved. It will be interesting to see down the line if some of this forensic analysis will be approved and if she could be retried on it. The big debate was that Caylee's DNA was indeed found in her trunk, the question was rather she was alive or not. Supposedly, some of these new tests showed that she was dead, but they were not court approved.

Anyway, this still comes down to how much hard evidence is needed now to convict people. I thought the circumstantial evidence was too much to look past. You told me that her daughter was missing for a month and she told no one, I will automatically feel that you had something to do with it. Then, to add in the other forms of evidence (DNA in her trunk, chlorofrom traces in trunk, chloroform searches on the internet, etc.), and I would have found her guilty just on that, dont need to hear any more. I am stunned that she wasnt convicted.

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Re: Casey Anthony found not guilty

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    This was a case with a lot of circumstantial evidence and some new forensic analysis that was not court approved. It will be interesting to see down the line if some of this forensic analysis will be approved and if she could be retried on it. The big debate was that Caylee's DNA was indeed found in her trunk, the question was rather she was alive or not. Supposedly, some of these new tests showed that she was dead, but they were not court approved.

Anyway, this still comes down to how much hard evidence is needed now to convict people. I thought the circumstantial evidence was too much to look past. You told me that her daughter was missing for a month and she told no one, I will automatically feel that you had something to do with it. Then, to add in the other forms of evidence (DNA in her trunk, chlorofrom traces in trunk, chloroform searches on the internet, etc.), and I would have found her guilty just on that, dont need to hear any more. I am stunned that she wasnt convicted.

She is never going to be retried. The State gets one bite of the apple.

While it was certainly very unusual about her behavior re her missing child, there are a lot of immature women who have children. I didn't follow the case that closely and the jurors had the best seat in the house. Certainly the woman has been to hell and back during the past few years. The fact that her father committed suicide over this matter kinda of shows that he thought she was somehow involved. The bottom line is that the State has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that she was involved so I guess that the jurors had a reasonable doubt somewhere.

"All roads lead to Putin" -- Thomas Jefferson

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg View Post

While it was certainly very unusual about her behavior re her missing child, there are a lot of immature women who have children. I didn't follow the case that closely and the jurors had the best seat in the house. Certainly the woman has been to hell and back during the past few years. The fact that her father committed suicide over this matter kinda of shows that he thought she was somehow involved. The bottom line is that the State has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that she was involved so I guess that the jurors had a reasonable doubt somewhere.

Very sad, a little girl is dead and no one will ever account for it most likely.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Very sad, a little girl is dead and no one will ever account for it most likely.
    Yes they will.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

I am thankful that in America we don't convict those that we think did something when there isn't enough evidence for such a conviction, as unpopular as that opinion may be.

This is all Nancy Grace's fault.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CChandler View Post
    I am thankful that in America we don't convict those that we think did something when there isn't enough evidence for such a conviction, as unpopular as that opinion may be.

"Arm-chair attorneys" - ha ha

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Casey ends up posing for Hustler and marries Defense attorney Jose Baez.

She's guilty big time!

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Casey ends up posing for Hustler and marries Defense attorney Jose Baez.

She's guilty big time!
    Bet Susan Smith is kicking herself about now for not living in Florida.

Yep, I think she's guilty too. Wonder if one of her parents will allow her to come back and live with them now (because they KNOW what she did).

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg View Post

Pretty sure I saw him in the courtroom.

Champ ddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond repute ddgravy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post
    Pretty sure I saw him in the courtroom.
    Salty never lets the facts get in the way of yet another misguided opinion

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Didnt he actually take the stand?

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

EPIC FAIL. My child is missing for over a month. Not over a minute, not a day...over an entire month and I say NOTHING. I go out, I party, I get tattooes, I wear short little low cut dresses and dance. My child is missing for over a month and I'm making up stories about an imaginary nanny and telling my mother this story and that story about where she is. My child is missing for over a month and I google "chloroform" repeatedly. (I don't care that her sorry ass mama says she did it. She's lying to protect her sorry ass daughter.)

I lie to everyone about everything instead of cooperating with authorities to try to bring my missing child home. My missing child's skeletal remains show up in a swamp miles from my house and my car smells like a decomposing body.

And I'm found guilty of lying to authorities, but not guilty of what I lied about.

WTH??????????

Quote Originally Posted by CChandler View Post

But what is evidence? I know there wasnt a smoking gun, but add it all up. Sometimes the circumstantial evidence is too great, and I would argue some of the evidence wasnt just circumstantial. Chloroform traces in trunk with girl's DNA, didnt report her missing for an f'ing month, out partying during that time, defense conceded that she died and they covered it up (claimed it was an accident then why was their duct tape?). It just doesnt add up.

Sometimes you have to add it all up, it isnt just going to be sitting there as an absolute. IMO, sometimes you have to be able to make that judgement without a camera showing that someone did something. I think we have taken the "hard evidence" a little too far in this country.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

But what is evidence? I know there wasnt a smoking gun, but add it all up. Sometimes the circumstantial evidence is too great, and I would argue some of the evidence wasnt just circumstantial. Chloroform traces in trunk with girl's DNA, didnt report her missing for an f'ing month, out partying during that time, defense conceded that she died and they covered it up (claimed it was an accident then why was their duct tape?). It just doesnt add up.

Sometimes you have to add it all up, it isnt just going to be sitting there as an absolute. IMO, sometimes you have to be able to make that judgement without a camera showing that someone did something. I think we have taken the "hard evidence" a little too far in this country.
    Is this not better than convicting the innocent? Type 1 errors such as the Anthony verdict are going to happen in this system, but IMO its certainly better than the alternative.

Champ ddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond repute ddgravy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    EPIC FAIL. My child is missing for over a month. Not over a minute, not a day...over an entire month and I say NOTHING. I go out, I party, I get tattooes, I wear short little low cut dresses and dance. My child is missing for over a month and I'm making up stories about an imaginary nanny and telling my mother this story and that story about where she is. My child is missing for over a month and I google "chloroform" repeatedly. (I don't care that her sorry ass mama says she did it. She's lying to protect her sorry ass daughter.)

I lie to everyone about everything instead of cooperating with authorities to try to bring my missing child home. My missing child's skeletal remains show up in a swamp miles from my house and my car smells like a decomposing body.

And I'm found guilty of lying to authorities, but not guilty of what I lied about.

WTH??????????
    Yes, yes and Hell YES:bigcry:

+ Reply to Thread