+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alligator Season

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Alligator Season

Just sent my application in for Lake Bistineau. Shreveportdawg and I are "doubling" our luck in the lottery system by applying at two different area. I've never personally trapped/hunted them but I'm fairly certain; after many episodes of Swamp People, that you have to yell "Choot Em! Choot Em" when you get them next to the boat. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q85RqhLtX_w
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Alligator Season

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    Just sent my application in for Lake Bistineau. Shreveportdawg and I are "doubling" our luck in the lottery system by applying at two different area. I've never personally trapped/hunted them but I'm fairly certain; after many episodes of Swamp People, that you have to yell "Choot Em! Choot Em" when you get them next to the boat. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q85RqhLtX_w
    I love that show. Those hunters are ...different.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Choot em, Elizabiff!

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

I remember when I was a kid when they opened alligator hunting back up. I went on one with a friend of my uncle and brother. It was something to see.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Benton chritsmas on the square has the two brothers scheduled to make an appearance.

Champ shreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of light shreveportdawg's Avatar

We probably need to start an order list on here for boots, belts, wallets...etc

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

turned ours in with a group of about 4. cant wait to say "Look at dat Mudda Frick'a"

Champ ddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond repute ddgravy's Avatar

Choot Em

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

My bro-in-law and some of his friends got tags on Toledo Bend one time. They got one huge gator over 13 feet long. I used to have a VHS tape of them dispatching the thing (they thought), trying to load it into the tippy jon boat, then having the thing come back to life and bite a hole in the side of the boat. It was some funny stuff.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

How do the Swamp People get 200 or 300 tags? Are they using tags received by a bunch of other people? And, if so, can they legally fill those tags if the people aren't with them?
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ kw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud of

http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/alligat...view-july-2010

They don't exactly answer your question from what I skimmed, but it seems like sport hunters are the only ones subjected to the lottery system. The commercial hunters featured on Swamp People are likely doing much of their hunting on private land where biologists have determined a sustainable amount of alligator to harvest. They are issued tags for how many gators they can harvest and these tags only cover gators in that specific area of private land. Interesting subject though and I would suspect that the TV show has made the lottery a popular event in throughout the state.

Big Dog Darbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the rough

They want these people to come off as the typical Louisiana backwoods dumbass that we seem to be always potrayed as. If you have ever watched Ax Men Shelby (that is from Louisiana) teaches offshore underwater survival. He taught my stepson.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darbonnedawg View Post
    They want these people to come off as the typical Louisiana backwoods dumbass that we seem to be always potrayed as.
    I think it's just entertainment. The viewer is loving the reality thing now days.

I will say that they've gone over the top with the two backwoods brothers they are now featuring. Last night it showed one of them preparing squirrels while holding a cigarette that was just about to lose an ash in the pot of squirrel meat. I'm not sure the health dept would approve of the conditions.

Big Dog Darbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the roughDarbonnedawg is a jewel in the rough

I agree. I missed part of it last night.My son recordedit at 12 so we will watch it tonight. Kinda have to wonder about the brother that laughs so much. Dude might have been on some serious drugs at one time.

Quote Originally Posted by Darbonnedawg View Post
    I agree. I missed part of it last night.My son recordedit at 12 so we will watch it tonight. Kinda have to wonder about the brother that laughs so much. Dude might have been on some serious drugs at one time.

Maybe they were in ZZ Top.
    Good old Memorial Gym

+ Reply to Thread