+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Torchwood

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Torchwood

Really Bad!

I don't see any hope for that series. Too many holes in the story line to be believable. It is on the level of an unintended comedy.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Re: Torchwood

Why?

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

The one scene that got me laughing was the CIA agent in the hospital after he didn't die from the steel spike through his chest. He is talking on his cell phone to his fellow agent and getting her to book him on a flight to England. Then he rips is IVs out and walks by the nurses desk and downs all the pills in sight presumably to kill his pain on the way to the airport. When he is in England he makes the statement that he had a steel rod go through his chest then he has to pay toll on a bridge to get there. The comparison between the two just set me off laughing. Way too many liberties with reality in this series for my tastes.
    WWDog
    La Tech

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

That scene was a bit over the top, yes, but I don't think there were that many liberties taken. Hospital can't force him to stay there. If anything, the real liberties with it all is the CIA okaying him to hop on a flight to the UK, get a weapon issued there (instead of giving him one themselves), renting a car, then getting a rendition order.

I had a good laugh with the bridge part - guess you woul have to know th relationship between Wales and England is about the same as New Jersey and New York.

Cut it some slack since it's been "Americanized". I enjoyed it, mostly because I like all the references of previous characters and stories.It's just the first show.It had all the elements that made the first two series enjoyable, with Children of Earth's epicness added to it.

I'll stick with Mad Men, Damages, and Boardwalk Empire. I have to have some semblence of reality to make it believable to me.
    WWDog
    La Tech

See, those are a waste of time to me.

And do you really expect a "sense of reality" with a sci-fi show based on a 51st century try-sexual alien who can't die that hunts other aliens and uses their technology in order to protect humanity? When you look past the alien stuff, everything is very much based in reality. It's not like they are floating around in a blue police box. Nope, it's all here on Earth.

I just ask you not o right off yet, give it another episode or two to develop. There will be more questions than answers until the end (which will still leave plenty of questions), but Davies is pretty good at story telling. Mix that with some great acting (I don't think I've seen better TV chemistry between a couple with a third wheel than in Torchwood) and it could be one helluva ride.

I'm a huge fan of Doctor Who and Torchwood. So I may be bias.

Champ kw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud ofkw2292 has much to be proud of

I enjoyed the first episode of Torchwood, and look forward to watching the rest even though I have to watch it on Comcast on-demand since I don't have the channel.

I don't know what it is with these cable companies not giving a full list of the standard channels. I just found out this week that Time Warner here in San Antonio does not have FX any more. Now I have to go to my neighbor's house to see the new season of Damages. Glenn Close plays the most evil women in the world.
    WWDog
    La Tech

Series (Season) finale tonight was awesome. Like most of the series, it had some slow spots - but the resolution of the whole plot and especially the ending is typical Davies and it was amazingly awesome. Got to give major props for the numerous Doctor Who references and tie-ins. Besides the aforementioned slow parts, the only complaint I can have is that there isn't a real resolution to this series, and unfortunately when they make the next series, it'll likely not have much ties to this inspite of the "cliffhanger" . OH, and out of the "main" characters, the hot one dies. WTF!

+ Reply to Thread