+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Missed Opportunity

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Missed Opportunity

Anybody else think that had White blocked the guy that tackled Patton on the long pass in the 3rd, we would have scored on the play. As it was, we got a FG out of the drive instead of 7. Might have made the difference in the game, but that of course is debatable. It appeared from the TV that White was in good position to do so, but just kind of looked around instead. Maybe in person, it was not as obvious, but it sure liked like it on the TV.

Little things like this make the difference in winning and losing most times. And the difference between good teams and great teams.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Missed Opportunity

I didn't see the play but your comment precisely identifies a key missing component of Tech teams of the last "x" number of years. Not enough players take care of every assignment every play.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

The TV guys tried to make that same point. And maybe there is some validity to the argument. Mostly cuz as it was, White blocked no one.

The USM guy that made the tackle came flying up from behind and it was probably another Tech player, not White, that needed to slow him down.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

White was running with Patton as he should have been.

White turned to look over one shoulder for someone coming from behind.

As he was looking over that shoulder an extemely fast tackler came up from White's blind side to disrupt the play.

Nobody did anything wrong except the idiot homer announcer who stated White had misplayed the block.

Champ Allgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud of

I saw it. I don't think White expected the player who ran behind him to catch up with Patton. I know I didn't. Didn't really see the tenacity to "go looking for a hit" though.

Bulldog xphantomx is just really nicexphantomx is just really nicexphantomx is just really nicexphantomx is just really nicexphantomx is just really nicexphantomx is just really nicexphantomx is just really nicexphantomx is just really nicexphantomx is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    Anybody else think that had White blocked the guy that tackled Patton on the long pass in the 3rd, we would have scored on the play. As it was, we got a FG out of the drive instead of 7. Might have made the difference in the game, but that of course is debatable. It appeared from the TV that White was in good position to do so, but just kind of looked around instead. Maybe in person, it was not as obvious, but it sure liked like it on the TV.

Little things like this make the difference in winning and losing most times. And the difference between good teams and great teams.
    There were a ton of missed assignments for both teams. If the play you are talking about is the one on my mind that was definitely a miss blocking assignment by the receiver. Hopefully we can both chalk up missed assignments to the weather and not have it be a weekly thing.

Big Dog dj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant future

The biggest missed opportunity was not taking the sure FG in the 1st Qtr. We instead go for it and come up short. Those lost 3 points came back to haunt us.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xphantomx View Post
    There were a ton of missed assignments for both teams. If the play you are talking about is the one on my mind that was definitely a miss blocking assignment by the receiver. Hopefully we can both chalk up missed assignments to the weather and not have it be a weekly thing.
    He simply looked over the wrong shoulder. It wasn't a mistake that can be corrected by coaching or athleticism.

Varsity Bulldog taeemwar is a jewel in the roughtaeemwar is a jewel in the roughtaeemwar is a jewel in the roughtaeemwar is a jewel in the roughtaeemwar is a jewel in the roughtaeemwar is a jewel in the roughtaeemwar is a jewel in the roughtaeemwar is a jewel in the roughtaeemwar is a jewel in the roughtaeemwar is a jewel in the roughtaeemwar is a jewel in the rough

White is fast but doesn't do the little things very well.
    Last edited by taeemwar; 09-04-2011 at 02:37 PM.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dj95 View Post
    The biggest missed opportunity was not taking the sure FG in the 1st Qtr. We instead go for it and come up short. Those lost 3 points came back to haunt us.
    bingo! I was mad about that the whole rest of the game, especially at the end.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't seen anyone comment on that pass for 2.5 yards on fourth down when we needed three. It was on the next to last drive, I believe. That would have extended the drive. Big missed opportunity, IMO.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dj95 View Post
    I agree. Hated the decision to go for it and hated the play call that went along with it.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by taeemwar View Post
    White is fast but doesn't do the little things very well.
    I disagree..I keyed on him all night last night. He blocked well and when the play wasn't on his side he was still blocking...He was consistently talking to Isham and other WR's on the sideline. From what I could tell last night, he is our best WR. HE and Isham still aren't on the same page, but that will come
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    I haven't seen anyone comment on that pass for 2.5 yards on fourth down when we needed three. It was on the next to last drive, I believe. That would have extended the drive. Big missed opportunity, IMO.
    Another play that we didn't get a replay on so just watching it the one time...

At first I thougt it was a bad route by Casey and that Isham shouldn't have thrown it. After thinking about it and the way their LBs and Safeties had been playing our middle short stuff, our OC made a HORRIBLE call there.

They were much better prepared for us on defense than we were prepared for their defense. Their defense carried them.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    I totally lost it in the stands when that happened. We teach 4th graders this...no excuse whatsoever for that. We get that first down and it keeps the drive going...
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

+ Reply to Thread