+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Annual Wiz of Odds Schedule Poster Contest

Champ BRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to behold

Re: Annual Wiz of Odds Schedule Poster Contest

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBack View Post
    At least it has #5 on it.....

A hot dog???? really?????
    At least he isn't trying to give away a corndog.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    We'd better be careful, I feel a scolding waiting in the wings because of our unhappiness with this poster

From whom? They can scold all damn day. I don't like the thing.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    It is what it is. It's a poster trying to celebrate the great family and fun atmosphere at our games. It is a great poster in that aspect.

But as far as a typical "schedule poster", it falls short. Hell, the smallest thing on the poster is the schedule... There should have been two posters. One official and then this one.
    I agree. This was made to put up in windows around town. We may have maxed out our support by trying to sell mediocre football; now it looks like we are marketing to people who may drive down to Baton Rouge for the gameday experience. That's great! I have no problem with the poster, but Champ holding out the hot dog is pretty bad. For people who want something to put as their desktop background, see the Tech Signature Photos thread. Dawgpix made a pretty good one.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Champ holding out the hot dog is pretty bad.
    Shoulda gone with DogtorEvil holding out stuffed jalepenos.

(But Champ is cuter)

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Some of you people expect too much from a poster. Just nail the SOB's up on every downtown window in north Louisiana and don't worry about it.

I think the Wyoming poster looks very lame. It's a bunch of people from Wyoming with their arms crossed, trying to look menacing and tough. That's a very old and tired look. Every high school in Texas has a poster like that.

HD

Champ SixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of light

I'm not a big fan. I prefer a poster that gets you excited for football, not our sometimes sad version of tailgating.

The poster is very 'soft'.

Maybe they were trying to make a very witty statement about the Defense?

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Some of you people expect too much from a poster. Just nail the SOB's up on every downtown window in north Louisiana and don't worry about it.

I think the Wyoming poster looks very lame. It's a bunch of people from Wyoming with their arms crossed, trying to look menacing and tough. That's a very old and tired look. Every high school in Texas has a poster like that.

HD
    When it's representing our school you better believe I do.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SixWings View Post
    I'm not a big fan. I prefer a poster that gets you excited for football, not our sometimes sad version of tailgating.

Really? You need to see some kid standing around with a scowl flexing his biceps to get excited for football? Or some stylized animal logo?

Come on.

It says "football" on the poster and tells you when the games are and who they are against. That's not enough?

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

What's sad about our "version" of tailgating? How is it different from any other school, except that we don't have people tailgating for miles away from the stadium?

Champ BRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to behold

What's sad about our "version" of tailgating? How is it different from any other school, except that we don't have people tailgating for miles away from the stadium?
    Or getting falling down drunk or verbally and/or physically abusing any opposing fans, or smelling like corndogs.

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar

I really like the pic from a couple of years ago of Porter (I think it was him anyway) crushing the football. THAT would have been an epic schedule poster....that was one of the best football-related photos I've ever seen. Very creative and different, but very "tough" at the same time. It was bold, simple, not too busy, and got the point across.

I do agree with HD on not liking the generic stand-with-arms-crossed-pimple-faced-19-year-old-trying-to-look-mean deal you see on just about every poster. I was not advocating that either, just something a little more big-time looking that a group of 11 people tailgating. If they wanted to use "gameday experience" pictures, they could have taken some actual pictures of tailgating last year (better food than a dang hot dog), use some crowd pics from the Red-Out game, show the band or team marching in past the Argent pavilion, etc.

Champ SixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of light

This is a part of it. Most fans that attend the games don't do much tailgating. Also, the majority of people who show up to tailgate don't do so until 3-4pm, just ~2 hours before kickoff.

Most 'big time' fan bases tailgate for quite a bit longer before the game and in much larger numbers, that's all.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

This is a part of it. Most fans that attend the games don't do much tailgating. Also, the majority of people who show up to tailgate don't do so until 3-4pm, just ~2 hours before kickoff.

Most 'big time' fan bases tailgate for quite a bit longer before the game and in much larger numbers, that's all.
    I hope you'll pardon me if I take exception this. I tailgate each home game at considerable expense to my family's time and resources.

We do it because we love Tech, Bulldog football, and our "Tech family".

So I bristle a bit at "it is what it is" statements about Tech tailgating when I'm personally very invested in making into something more.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

I have no qualms with making a "family" pitch with the poster. It's not good execution of that. Does it matter much? No. But it's summer on BBB and we'll rain down supreme judgement from our elite pedestal.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Have you been to games recently? Doesn't sound like it

+ Reply to Thread