+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Good Job SOnny D

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Re: Good Job SOnny D

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg View Post
    With Hayden not showing up, what does that mean for his scholarship?

You can only sign 25 each year, so by taking 26 they were gambling on the fact that someone would not make it. given the odds that 3 of the guys had, the coaches played it perfect.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

What a great hire SD was for TECH!!!!!! A major class act in every respect and a real X's & O's players coach!

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Thanks guys. I didn't realize that we had offered more than 25, so I thought we would be under our allotment with Hayden backing out. Good to hear that our coaches were on the ball.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    What a great hire SD was for TECH!!!!!! A major class act in every respect and a real X's & O's players coach!
    Class act, yes, but let's see this staff make some successful (or any) game-time or half-time adjustments and get the QB position right before the season is half over before declaring any of them "real x's & o's" coaches.

Champ kdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    Class act, yes, but let's see this staff make some successful (or any) game-time or half-time adjustments and get the QB position right before the season is half over before declaring any of them "real x's & o's" coaches.
    Great Post!

Champ george is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of light

i absolutely cannot decide how i feel about dykes. on a national level, people seem to think he is a great hire and one of those "up and comers" as a D1 coach. i read some national articles that said they were surprised he jumped at our job, that he could have waited for a more high profile job. recruiting, effort, passion, and seemingly being a class act and good man also all seem to be positive.
    but we lost home games last year to fresno, navy, southern miss, and nevada after being tied or ahead at half time. good teams, mentally tough teams, don't do that. i realize we had a rookie head coach with a bunch of new pieces in place that got hired late, so i can excuse that in year one. but it can't continue to happen.
    the qb fiasco was even worse. three starters in the first four games and a fourth guy (ensminger) who was supposed to start and never played a meaningful down for reasons that were never explained. if he was that bad, how did our coaches, who are supposed to be offensive gurus, think he was that good when fall camp broke? like i said, a first year coach and a very late start because of when he got hired may explain all of this and he may end up being football's answer to john wooden. i certainly hope so. we will learn a lot this year.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I really believe that his second year with some of his and TF's own recruits will make a huge difference.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

I really believe that his second year with some of his and TF's own recruits will make a huge difference.
    I truly hope you're correct, but the best football mind that I personally know thinks otherwise. He hopes he's wrong as well. This year it will become clear.

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

I truly hope you're correct, but the best football mind that I personally know thinks otherwise. He hopes he's wrong as well. This year it will become clear.
    So you and Hogdawg talk a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by parisdog View Post
    So you and Hogdawg talk a lot?
    That would really be funny if there wasn't so much truth behind it!

Champ genpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your time genpop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by george View Post
    i absolutely cannot decide how i feel about dykes. on a national level, people seem to think he is a great hire and one of those "up and comers" as a D1 coach. i read some national articles that said they were surprised he jumped at our job, that he could have waited for a more high profile job. recruiting, effort, passion, and seemingly being a class act and good man also all seem to be positive.
    but we lost home games last year to fresno, navy, southern miss, and nevada after being tied or ahead at half time. good teams, mentally tough teams, don't do that. i realize we had a rookie head coach with a bunch of new pieces in place that got hired late, so i can excuse that in year one. but it can't continue to happen.
    the qb fiasco was even worse. three starters in the first four games and a fourth guy (ensminger) who was supposed to start and never played a meaningful down for reasons that were never explained. if he was that bad, how did our coaches, who are supposed to be offensive gurus, think he was that good when fall camp broke? like i said, a first year coach and a very late start because of when he got hired may explain all of this and he may end up being football's answer to john wooden. i certainly hope so. we will learn a lot this year.

If Dykes is not flexible with his pop and flop offense we won't beat anyone but overmatched opponents. On short yardage downs, he has to bring out the old tight end and full back and go at people instead his prancying around with his little cutesy offense.

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by genpop View Post
    If Dykes is not flexible with his pop and flop offense we won't beat anyone but overmatched opponents. On short yardage downs, he has to bring out the old tight end and full back and go at people instead his prancying around with his little cutesy offense.
    Thanks for that expert analysis, ULM_Fan.

Champ genpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your time genpop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mildawg View Post
    Thanks for that expert analysis, ULM_Fan.

anyone who doesn't attend games cant call me a ULM. And you sir dont attend games.

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar

anyone who doesn't attend games cant call me a ULM. And you sir dont attend games.
    Wrong again.

That is true and you know it. It is just a pipe dream for us. CUSA has NEVER indicated that they wanted any part of Louisiana Tech. They had their chance years ago but took a team that is closer to San Diego than any CUSA team. That means something.
    I think it is a fear of people like Bigdog. It is the same fear that they have of ULM. I'm not saying that I disagree either. Once teams like that start beating us that'll be something we won't be able to recover from.
    Oh. That tired crap.
    Last I checked.....They win.
    Guy talks like he's from deep deep deep in the woods............
    Like I know Cheerios....... If we did that, that would be so Bush league.
    Whether Tech moves to the sunbelt or not won't have anything to do with ULM. It'll have to do with whether the WAC is viable financially or not. Once the WAC proves to be more of a liability than an a vehicle to prosperity, La. Tech will be on its knees begging to joing the Sunbelt unfortunately. Unless CUSA has an opening which I guarantee wont happen until AFTER our hand is forced, we are doomed to join the Belt. What makes it worse is that we'll be squaring off against teams destined to prove that we are no better than them and should have been amongst them in the first place.
    If we were to go undefeated against that schedule, we still wouldn't crack the top 25.
    I'm commenting on a guy badmouthing our school President. I'm very close on that because there are too many posts that prove it. Dan Reneau is a good man that wants the best for Tech athletics just like the rest of us and I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that he is working on our future conference affilation. I dont care who LFR is, former linebacker or not, he doesn't know everything thus he is the one who needs to hush. I'm surprised other proud Tech grads have not stepped up to hush him yet.
    Oh, contraire. All of the above posts prove you are no fan of Louisiana Tech. You're nothing more than a hack from some Sunbelt school posing as a Tech fan, spending your time in the football and political forums doing nothing more than trying to piss people off. And I'll be at a game this season. I'll PM you once I know which one it will be, that way we can meet.

+ Reply to Thread