+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Wonder where the "TEA PARTY" is going to stand on this?

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Re: Wonder where the "TEA PARTY" is going to stand on this?

Quote Originally Posted by T_Won View Post
    Do you like Paul Ryan's plan for Medicare?
    Sounds good to me. Something has to be done to balance the budget.

"All roads lead to Putin" -- Thomas Jefferson

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg View Post
    I can't figure you out. You are all over the place. I hear you say the Republicans don't want to cut spending, but you are OK with their "Draconian" plan to cut spending, but you vote Democrat.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I can't figure you out. You are all over the place. I hear you say the Republicans don't want to cut spending, but you are OK with their "Draconian" plan to cut spending, but you vote Democrat.
    You just now figuring that out about Saltlick??

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    You just now figuring that out about Saltlick??
    The best I can come up with is that he agrees with Republicans but doesn't like the people in the Republican Party, so he votes Democrat.

Champ ddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond repute ddgravy's Avatar

WC Fields said something like. I would never be a member of a club that would allow me to be a member. Me thinks Saltic agrees.

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

I don't have any problem with spending cuts but I also want revenue increases. The repubs don't. Medicare spending is out of control. Remember the repub law to increase prescription medicare benefits in 2005?? Remember it cost $500+ billion a year and growing and the repubs passed it without providing for any funding. How is that for fiscal irresponsibility?????????????????????????????????? ?????????????

The repubs got us into this mess. Looks like they really going to try again to destroy the country. Can't believe that you think they deserve your vote.

Anyway, if Aug 2 rolls around without a deal, you can kiss the House repubs good-bye and hello to four more years of Obama.

I don't have any problem with spending cuts but I also want revenue increases. The repubs don't. Medicare spending is out of control. Remember the repub law to increase prescription medicare benefits in 2005?? Remember it cost $500+ billion a year and growing and the repubs passed it without providing for any funding. How is that for fiscal irresponsibility?????????????????????????????????? ?????????????

The repubs got us into this mess. Looks like they really going to try again to destroy the country. Can't believe that you think they deserve your vote.

Anyway, if Aug 2 rolls around without a deal, you can kiss the House repubs good-bye and hello to four more years of Obama.
    Believe me, I'm much farther right than most Republicans. I don't think there is adequate representation in government for people like me. I'm thrilled with the Tea Party movement, which is aiming to bring in conservative Republicans. I think Republicans today were called Liberals in the 60's (JFK types) and the Democrats today were called Soviets in the 60's. I can count on 1 hand how many Republicans I like and none of them are big spending, big government Republicans like George Bush. That being said, I will take the big spending-lite (Bush) over big spending-ultra (Obama) any day. They are both headed in the same direction (progressivism), but the Republicans are at a slower pace than the Democrats.

Believe me, I'm much farther right than most Republicans. I don't think there is adequate representation in government for people like me. I'm thrilled with the Tea Party movement, which is aiming to bring in conservative Republicans. I think Republicans today were called Liberals in the 60's (JFK types) and the Democrats today were called Soviets in the 60's. I can count on 1 hand how many conservative Republicans I like and none of them are big spending, big government Republicans like George Bush. That being said, I will take the big spending-lite (Bush) over big spending-ultra (Obama) any day. They are both headed in the same direction (progressivism), but the Republicans are at a slower pace than the Democrats.
    The country is still in the Great GW "AWOL" BUsh Recession. Gov't revenues as a % of GNP is probably 3% lower than during the Bush or Clinton or even Reagan years. Really doesn't matter who was elected in 2008 nor will it matter in 2012 because the Great Recession will continue. Obama isn't spending any more than Bush (except for temporary stimulus programs) but the revenues coming in are much,much lower. That is the reason for the huge deficits now and for the next 10 years.

The country is still in the Great GW "AWOL" BUsh Recession. Gov't revenues as a % of GNP is probably 3% lower than during the Bush or Clinton or even Reagan years. Really doesn't matter who was elected in 2008 nor will it matter in 2012 because the Great Recession will continue. Obama isn't spending any more than Bush (except for temporary stimulus programs) but the revenues coming in are much,much lower. That is the reason for the huge deficits now and for the next 10 years.
    Is it not fair to blame the recession on Bush. First, he's not a king... Congress makes laws and the president either signs or vetos them. Second, he didn't sign the law that caused the recesssion... Clinton did... and it was a bipartisan bill with huge support from both sides. So that was both of their faults (Reps and Dems).

The debt grew by $3 Trillion in 8 years under Bush... which is horrible. So does Obama come in and reduce the debt? No... he doubled down on it by increasing it another $3.3 Trillion in just 2 years.

The revenues are lower because of the recession... which was discussed above.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Obama isn't spending any more than Bush
    Keep telling yourself that one. Even the diehard, American hating libs/dems like genpoop know that's not true.

Pearls before swine T_Won. Stop trying to talk logic and truth to him/her.

Is it not fair to blame the recession on Bush. First, he's not a king... Congress makes laws and the president either signs or vetos them. Second, he didn't sign the law that caused the recesssion... Clinton did... and it was a bipartisan bill with huge support from both sides. So that was both of their faults (Reps and Dems).

The debt grew by $3 Trillion in 8 years under Bush... which is horrible. So does Obama come in and reduce the debt? No... he doubled down on it by increasing it another $3.3 Trillion in just 2 years.

first, the bush deficit is a lot higher than the number you put forth because it doesn't include the 2009 budget which he prepared. The problem is that because of the recession spending for unemployment benefits and other safety net programs shot up. Social secuirty and medicare spending went up because there are more seniors every year. While I agree that the deficit is horrible nobody wants to be Herbert Hoover and plunge the country into the Great Depression 2.0 So, increased spending due to the recession and more spending for seniors coupled with decreased revenues as resulted in the current deficit mess. Sure, Obama should have done something about it earlier just as bush should have maintained a balance budget that he inherited from clinton.

Champ genpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your timegenpop Ultimate jerk and not worth your time genpop's Avatar

And how much of that money disappeared into Iraq and Afghanistan? And it's much more than 3 trillion, even Marco Rubio admitted to that just today.

Quote Originally Posted by genpop View Post
    And how much of that money disappeared into Iraq and Afghanistan? And it's much more than 3 trillion, even Marco Rubio admitted to that just today.
    1 Trillion and counting....

http://costofwar.com/en/

+ Reply to Thread