+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Guitar Riffs

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Guitar Riffs

Having just posted a Beatles' tune and listening again to one of my top 3 favorite Beatles' songs, Day Tripper, provoked me to search for great riffs. Look at what's sitting at #12

http://www.digitaldreamdoor.com/page...uitarriff.html

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Guitar Riffs

Scanning the list I did not see any Wishbone Ash, which casts a pall over the whole list. Draws into question the validity of those developing it.

Wishbone Ash's Argus album is still considered one of the best guitar rock collections of all time, and features this masterpiece:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUolWNHxRiM

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Having just posted a Beatles' tune and listening again to one of my top 3 favorite Beatles' songs, Day Tripper, provoked me to search for great riffs. Look at what's sitting at #12

http://www.digitaldreamdoor.com/page...uitarriff.html
    Well of course there are going to be some really varied opinions on this list but Smoke on the freakin' water? Every idiot that's ever picked up a guitar can play that riff. I guess some would say that's the beauty of it. The other travesty in my opinion is Bo Diddley being at 35. That riff has been copied so many times it's not even funny.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    Well of course there are going to be some really varied opinions on this list but Smoke on the freakin' water? Every idiot that's ever picked up a guitar can play that riff. I guess some would say that's the beauty of it. The other travesty in my opinion is Bo Diddley being at 35. That riff has been copied so many times it's not even funny.
    Yep, even this idiot can pick Smoke on the Water. But, doesn't change the fact that Ritchie Blackmore is a mega-talent on the guitar and that that riff is famous, common, and over-used because it is so simply and perfectly brilliant. I like his Rainbow stuff too. Which at least one made the list.

"in the eye of the beholder"

But, come on, no Wishbone Ash????

And personally, I love Frampton's stuff.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9Wz_RnmYwg

Better than the Stones' version, IMO.

And why isn't "Do You Feel Like We Do" on this list? Talk about riffs!

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Yep, even this idiot can pick Smoke on the Water. But, doesn't change the fact that Ritchie Blackmore is a mega-talent on the guitar and that that riff is famous, common, and over-used because it is so simply and perfectly brilliant. I like his Rainbow stuff too. Which at least one made the list.

"in the eye of the beholder"

But, come on, no Wishbone Ash????

And personally, I love Frampton's stuff.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9Wz_RnmYwg

Better than the Stones' version, IMO.

And why isn't "Do You Feel Like We Do" on this list? Talk about riffs!
    Love Rainbow, Man On The Silver Mountain is one of my faves.

+ Reply to Thread