+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baseball Blog

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Re: Baseball Blog

Thanks.

1B/C Kyle Arnsberg is a transfer from Arizona State and McLennan CC. He redshirted for ASU in 2010 and played for McClennan CC in 2011. Looks like he will be a RS sophomore. He's from Arlington, Texas. He was a 45th round (#1,368 overall) selection of the Boston Red Sox in the 2009 Major League Baseball draft. Kyle's father Brad pitched six seasons in the Major Leagues for the New York Yankees (1986-87), Texas Rangers (1989-91) and Cleveland Indians (1992). Brad is currently the pitching coach for the Toronto Blue Jays, a position he has held since 2005. He previously served as the pitching coach of the Montreal Expos from 2000 to 2003.

http://thesundevils.cstv.com/sports/...rg_kyle00.html
    http://www.mclennan.edu/athletics/ba...=Kyle_Arnsberg

Last edited by Dawg06; 09-18-2011 at 09:26 PM.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

C/Ath Chase Hesson is a juco transfer. He graduated from Airline in Bossier City in 2008. Looks like he played for Bossier Parish CC in 2009 and Meridian CC in 2010. No clue where he was this past season.

http://www.njcaa.org/colleges_colleg...hleteid=291547

Last edited by Dawg06; 09-18-2011 at 09:26 PM.

3B Ryan Jones is a juco transfer from Grand Canyon University and then San Diego Mesa College. Looks like he redshirted one season at Grand Canyon and then played one year there before transferring to and playing one season at San Diego Mesa. He's from Scottsdale, Arizona.

http://www.gculopes.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=21

Jones to Play in WAC at Louisiana Tech
    Ryan Jones has committed to play at Louisiana Tech University next season, one of the top teams in the WAC. After spending two seasons at Grand Canyon University, Jones came to Mesa for an opportunity to play, and move on to the Division 1 level. Once he arrived at Mesa, he earned both with a great sophomore season where he hit in the middle of the order all season. Playing third base, Ryan made three errors on the season, none of which were made in league play. Offensively, Ryan hit 5th in the order, contributing with some of the biggest RBI of the season. A complete baseball player, Ryan is excited to play in one of the top conferences in the country while continuing his education at the next level.

RHP Nate Chambers is a 6-4 juco transfer from Western Texas College. He's from Salt Lake City. Looks like he was a relief pitcher at WTC.

He has a YouTube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/natechambers1

Found another newcomer...

LHP Luke Giddens from Lincoln College in Illinois has joined Tech's baseball team. He's from Cincinnati and originally started school at the University of Cincinnati. He recorded 51 strikeouts in 50.1 innings last season.

Puppy bozar is just really nicebozar is just really nicebozar is just really nicebozar is just really nicebozar is just really nicebozar is just really nicebozar is just really nicebozar is just really nicebozar is just really nicebozar is just really nicebozar is just really nice

One of the things I've found in working with players coming in is that transfers commonly sign in late summer so the local fans (such as you folks) know about them before I ever hear of them. I realize that JC transfers are expected to pay dividends right away be it at SJS or Louisiana Tech. That's why I plug in who I "think" will be starting next year knowing full well that new guys will take at least a few of those open positions. I usually don't hear of the new guys until much later (except early period incoming freshmen). I'm always willing to listen to updates on recruiting as it's so much more difficult than is football or basketball. I may write an updated version at a later date but I certainly will write something on the recruits I have on my list as well as the above players. Thanks a ton.

+ Reply to Thread