+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading currently?

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Re: What are you reading currently?

Quote Originally Posted by Ktulu7 View Post
    I have not. Is there a particular book you'd recommend? Do you read his stuff in Japanese or in English?

Only in English. I don't read very well in Japanese (kanji nanbo yattemo wakarahen wa).

I think my favorite one was Taiko about Toyotomi Hideyoshi. I liked his version of the Heike story, especially the parts set around what is now Kobe.

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

I just finished the Hunger Games trilogy about a month ago. It was an interesting series. Our students will read the first part this year, and a movie is being made. I wanted to be up to date.

I am about to read "On the Road" again or something by Cormac McCarthy.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rockdog View Post
    I just finished the Hunger Games trilogy about a month ago. It was an interesting series. Our students will read the first part this year, and a movie is being made. I wanted to be up to date.

I am about to read "On the Road" again or something by Cormac McCarthy.

I haven't read Hunger Games, but I think I saw that a former classmate/current fantasy football league member of mine was cast as a bad guy in the movie versions.

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    I haven't read Hunger Games, but I think I saw that a former classmate/current fantasy football league member of mine was cast as a bad guy in the movie versions.
    That would be interesting. There isn't a bad guy per say other than the President Snow character. Do you know any more details? That's intriguing me now.

Varsity Bulldog solo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the rough

Reading Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas again. After this thread, I might go back and pick up my Kerouacs again

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

texastina loves the hunger games series. i may read it next. she convinced me to read harry potter, which was good, but she also talked me into trying twilight, which was ... not so much... so i'm not sure what to think about this one.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Nerd.
    ... says the man reading japanese historical fiction...

Champ BRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by TechAlum05 View Post
    The Scarlet Letter and the Environmental Engineering Reference Manual for the PE Exam. I'll begin reading some of Hemingway's works once I'm done with those 2 books.
    Good luck on the exam.

Quote Originally Posted by rockdog View Post
    That would be interesting. There isn't a bad guy per say other than the President Snow character. Do you know any more details? That's intriguing me now.
    Seneca Crane apparently.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/movi...er-games-.html

This article doesn't say he is a bad guy, but I think the place that I first saw this implied it.

Seneca Crane apparently.

This article doesn't say he is a bad guy, but I think the place that I first saw this implied it.
    Cool. You know Wes Bentley. My wife and I are fans of his. His part isn't that large in the book, but it is rather essential. I was happy with his casting. I actual like the casting of most of the parts thus far.

I can recommend the first book without much hesitation. It is an easy read. I don't know if it was essential made for a younger audience, but it is rather good. The next two books in the series just don't flow as well. The pacing problems that book one has a little of are more evident and frequent in books 2 and 3. That's just my two cents. It is rather original and interesting though.

Champ hoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond repute

A few of the threads at this website:

"Trading now taught in many universities":

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showth...6&pagenumber=1

"On race relations":

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showth...hreadid=223967

Varsity Bulldog dphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her game

Started reading The Grapes of Wrath by Roger Steinbeck became depressed, so went back to reading Dean Koontz The Husband.

Quote Originally Posted by dphindawg View Post
    Started reading The Grapes of Wrath by Roger Steinbeck became depressed, so went back to reading Dean Koontz The Husband.
    i like the one by john steinbeck better. :icon_wink:

Seneca Crane apparently.

my wife said he's a bad guy.

Varsity Bulldog dphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her gamedphindawg is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob View Post
    i like the one by john steinbeck better. :icon_wink:
    I dont know why i confuse john steinbeck and Roger Staubach.

+ Reply to Thread