+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading currently?

Champ ddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond repute ddgravy's Avatar

Re: What are you reading currently?

Unbroken Laura Hillenbrand

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    still reading BB&B. Damn, this is a good book.
    How does it end?!?!

Champ ddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond repute ddgravy's Avatar

Just finished this book about WW2 vet. A truly remarkable story about his life. Highly recommend if you enjoy history from this time period and can appreciate the true grit and the peaks and valley's of a truely remarkable life. Well written.

[
    QUOTE=ddgravy;1137219]Unbroken Laura Hillenbrand[/QUOTE]

Champ Dawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her game Dawg04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ddgravy View Post
    Just finished this book about WW2 vet. A truly remarkable story about his life. Highly recommend if you enjoy history from this time period and can appreciate the true grit and the peaks and valley's of a truely remarkable life. Well written.

Quote Originally Posted by ddgravy View Post
    Unbroken Laura Hillenbrand
    Great book - read it last winter. Also Highly recommend - Lone Survivor: The Eyewitness Account of Operation Redwing
    and the Lost Heroes of SEAL Team 10

I too have read Lone Survivor and it too is very,very good.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

I just finished Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy and really liked it. I had read a couple of other books by John le Carre and while they had their moments I kind of wondered how he got such a strong reputation. This one crushed the other two. Really strong spy novel, and the movie just came out (book was written in the 70s I think).

http://www.avclub.com/articles/tinke...ier-spy,58355/

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Just picked up John Grisham's The Litigators. I will start reading next week. I'm a huge Grisham fan.

Champ LABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant future

Just bought the latest two Dirk Pitt novels from Clive Cussler. Hope they're as entertaining as most of his earlier books.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

I just started on "Elantris" by Brandon Sanderson. I blew through the first 90 pages in what seemed like about 20 minutes, because it was that interesting. I'm really likin' it thus far.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Entreleadership by Dave Ramsey. Fantastic.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    I haven't read Hunger Games, but I think I saw that a former classmate/current fantasy football league member of mine was cast as a bad guy in the movie versions.

Champ dchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to all dchi72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ktulu7 View Post
    I just started on "Elantris" by Brandon Sanderson. I blew through the first 90 pages in what seemed like about 20 minutes, because it was that interesting. I'm really likin' it thus far.
    Try Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series. Sanderson is finishing it off since the author died. He gave Sanderson all his notes and audio recording to finish the series.

Quote Originally Posted by dchi72 View Post
    Try Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series. Sanderson is finishing it off since the author died. He gave Sanderson all his notes and audio recording to finish the series.
    I made it through 5 or 6 of those back in the day, but it just got too soap-operaish for me (from what I remember).

Trying to read the (Pulitzer prize winning!?!?) A Confederacy of Dunces right now. It's not quite living up to its reputation of being hilarious (or funny at all).

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Trying to read the (Pulitzer prize winning!?!?) A Confederacy of Dunces right now. It's not quite living up to its reputation of being hilarious (or funny at all).
    according to wikipedia, it was written by a toole and published by lsu. what did you expect?

+ Reply to Thread