+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading currently?

Puppy rony seems to have something between the earsrony seems to have something between the earsrony seems to have something between the earsrony seems to have something between the earsrony seems to have something between the earsrony seems to have something between the ears

Re: What are you reading currently?

Screw it, Lets Just Do It - Sir Richard Branson

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Bulldog Barks & Bytes

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Trying to read the (Pulitzer prize winning!?!?) A Confederacy of Dunces right now. It's not quite living up to its reputation of being hilarious (or funny at all).
    Finally finished this. It wasn't very good.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Just finished The Long Walk about some guys who escaped from a Siberian prison camp in the 40s and walked to India (across Siberia, Mongolia, the Gobi Desert, and the Himalayas). Apparently there have been a lot of questions about the veracity of the story through the years, but it's still a pretty interesting story.

They just made a movie based on it with Ed Harris and Colin Farrell (which I haven't seen yet, but heard good things about).

Champ Dawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her game Dawg04's Avatar

Bill O’Reilly’s book “Killing Lincoln,” about the assassination of Abraham Lincoln was a good read. I'd recommend it.

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

I just blew through "Elantris" and "Warbreaker," both by Brandon Sanderson, and I highly recommend them. It's "fantasy," in that it kinda has its own world, but the stories have some really interesting political twists that happen. The characters are very believable, and the stories aren't terribly predictable, especially "Warbreaker." My wife got me the huge, hardcover of Terry Brooks' "Heritage of Shannara" 4-book series, so I may start that next... Still deciding...

Champ ddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond reputeddgravy has a reputation beyond repute ddgravy's Avatar

"The Art Of War" by Sun Tzu.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Read Drew Brees' autobiography "Coming Back Strong" very good read.
    Drive by Daniel Pink
    Drive (9 ways to motivate your kids) Walker
    Goal Setting: 13 Secrets of World Class Achievers by Vic Johnson

What can I say, I got a kindle for Christmas

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, forget just reading... I've begun to write! It will probably be a loooooong time before I finish my project, but we'll see how it goes. I've got a few random scenes fleshed out and written, and a huge plot summary and some characters created. I'm starting to see how possible it may just be to write a novel. It's just a fun hobby for now though, to stack on top of all my other fun hobbies!

This week, I've been writing about 1000 words per evening, and it hasn't taken much time actually...

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Any Chuck Palahniuk fans out there? I'm thinking about reading some of his stuff and I'm interested in the book ​Lullaby.

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    Any Chuck Palahniuk fans out there? I'm thinking about reading some of his stuff and I'm interested in the book ​Lullaby.
    I liked it. More toned down than Fight Club for sure, as far as the anarchistic views are concerned. You can still tell he doesn't care for society as a whole, but it's not the sole focus of the book. Interesting plot material, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ktulu7 View Post
    Well, forget just reading... I've begun to write! It will probably be a loooooong time before I finish my project, but we'll see how it goes. I've got a few random scenes fleshed out and written, and a huge plot summary and some characters created. I'm starting to see how possible it may just be to write a novel. It's just a fun hobby for now though, to stack on top of all my other fun hobbies!

This week, I've been writing about 1000 words per evening, and it hasn't taken much time actually...
    Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Good luck.
    Arigatou! Besides writing, I'm reading "Heritage of Shannara," by Terry Brooks. I may bust out Kurt Vonnegut's "Slaughterhouse Five" afterward. That should be a nice change of pace.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Linchpin by Seth Godwin

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

My mail carrier's son is about to release a book titled "Unconquered". It's about Jerry Lee Lewis, Jimmy Swaggart, and Mickey Gilley. All grew up in my hometown of Ferriday. The author, Jim Davis, stopped by my house in Quitman, TX. about 18 months ago and interviewed me regarding to the three cousins. They are all about 10-11 years older than me, so I could only give him a little info. I know Jerry Lee's sister, Linda Gail, since she is my age. There is a website to pre-order the book and read a little about it. It is www.unconqueredthebook.com. I think it's gonna be a good read!! Jim told me his goal is to turn it into a movie someday.

+ Reply to Thread