+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What President Obama inherited regarding the economy

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: What President Obama inherited regarding the economy

Quote Originally Posted by saltydawg View Post

All in all, while Obama has made some mistakes, they have not been major ones like starting a wrong and unnecessary war costing $2 trillion or starting a new unfunded entitlement program costing hundreds of billions or trying to replace Social Security with a trail of tears.
    Obamacare will become that.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Obamacare will become that.
    At least Obamacare had a plan for funding. Given the reality of the debt ceiling hitting home, hard to know for sure what will happen to Obamacare. Since the US Government pays for 62% of the health care in this country, what does the future hold?

The BIGGEST problem facing the US today is the ever escalating cost of health care. It keeps going up year after year after year, and is the BIGGEST piece of our deficit mess.

Probably the best thing is that the government is not going to pay for medical care to prolong life. Most of the Medicare expenses have to do with the person's final hospitalization where they leave the hospital in a casket.

"All roads lead to Putin" -- Thomas Jefferson

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

I don't think you will find many people who think that Obama made a mistake in staying in Iraq and Afghanistan to try to stabilize those countries.
    Besides Senator Obama in 2008? I mean... the anti-war movement wanted an immediate withdrawal from Iraq or at least a timetable for leaving. We still don't really have either. This was a tremendously widespread statement until President Obama was put into office. Since then he added Libya! The anti-war movement should be going bat$4!7 right now.

All in all, while Obama has made some mistakes, they have not been major ones like starting a wrong and unnecessary war costing $2 trillion or starting a new unfunded entitlement program costing hundreds of billions or trying to replace Social Security with a trail of tears.
    Once again, he did start another conflict. Not as involved or expensive, but still... To repeat Guiss, Obamacare will be a largely unfunded entitlement program. I don't see how this is consistent criticisms of Bush much less how they serve as an actual defense of Obama.

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by duckbillplatty View Post
    Besides Senator Obama in 2008? I mean... the anti-war movement wanted an immediate withdrawal from Iraq or at least a timetable for leaving. We still don't really have either. This was a tremendously widespread statement until President Obama was put into office. Since then he added Libya! The anti-war movement should be going bat$4!7 right now.

Once again, he did start another conflict. Not as involved or expensive, but still... To repeat Guiss, Obamacare will be a largely unfunded entitlement program. I don't see how this is consistent criticisms of Bush much less how they serve as an actual defense of Obama.
    Iraq is in the final stages of withdraw and I expect Afghanistan to do the same before too long. Libya involvement is a NATO matter and is really a pimple on the butt of the elephant. I didn't know you are a anti-war guy?

Once again, Obama didn't start Libya, the Libyan freedom fighters did and I'm 100% sure that Ronald Reagan would support them regardless of what the limp-wrist republicans moaned about in the House.

Obamacare is fully funded. Heck, Guiss was complaining about the funding for it a few weeks ago. AWOL's medicare prescription problem was totally unfunded, not even a whisper of where the money to paid for it would come from.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Obamacare's public option will become the only option for most people within the next 10 years. Book it.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Obamacare's public option will become the only option for most people within the next 10 years. Book it.
    Tell us more about Obamacare's public option.

Champ hoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond reputehoppinmad has a reputation beyond repute

The problem Obama had on taking Office was all his advisors were telling him that he had to spend big-time to get the country out of the recession. That might have been really good advice in past recessions but this GREAT RECESSION is different. In all other recessions housing has lead the way out. This time, housing is pulling us down and down and down with no end in sight. Today, his economic advisors are dumbstruck as to what to do next. I expect that there isn't any easy solution to a problem that took decades to develop. Conservatives can holler at Obama all day long and it doesn't mean that they have any answers because they don't. All of their policies have been shown to be deeply flawed. Nobody knows what the impact of these teapublican spending cuts will have on the economy. I agree that spending cuts are needed but we also need increases in revenues. Obama's decision to extend the Bush tax cuts was a mistake.

As for Obama extending the 2 wars, that was what his military/national security advisors told him was the best course of action. I certainly didn't hear any republicans calling for immediate troop withdraw when Obama became the POTUS.

Not so say his advisers who have resigned. Some portray obamer as a "know-it-all" who took nobodys advice except valerie (what a joke) jarrett..... he even ignored the advice of the economic panel he appointed. And jarrett is about as competent as clinton's surgeon general jocelyn elders. You remember that moron?

Champ tylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the rough tylerdawg's Avatar

I'm not convinced that Obama's economic policies were a total bust. Probably in hindsight a better approach should have been taken, particularly with regards to the housing situation. I don't think you will find many people who think that Obama made a mistake in staying in Iraq and Afghanistan to try to stabilize those countries.

I agree that he didn't follow through with his campaign promises. None of them ever do.

Why can't the average American understand that both Bush and Obama had terrible economic policies? In all honesty you can most likely contribute this economic recession we are in to the policies all the way back to Clinton. Remember a Republican Congress and Senate with Bill Clinton establsihed the FHA. The ensuing home building drove the economy to great growth now the market is in the process of correcting the overbuilding.

As usual when the tax coffers were full from the housing boom the government rolled out a series of entitlment programs like medicare.

Now before anyone attacks me I am not against social programs, I am against government backed or administered programs.

Ask you yourself one question. Who is more efficient at distrubuting capital in the marketplace the public of the private sector?

The answer is the private sector. The more control we give the government the more inefficient our lives become.

In all honesty democrats and republicians (elected officials) are not very different.

We need a group to come in and progressively cut almost all governement except the very basics.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

How can Obamacare be considered fully funded. Is it still 10 for 6?? Did something change?

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tylerdawg View Post
    Why can't the average American understand that both Bush and Obama had terrible economic policies?

Have not had a decent president since Reagan.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Iraq is in the final stages of withdraw and I expect Afghanistan to do the same before too long. Libya involvement is a NATO matter and is really a pimple on the butt of the elephant. I didn't know you are a anti-war guy?

Once again, Obama didn't start Libya, the Libyan freedom fighters did and I'm 100% sure that Ronald Reagan would support them regardless of what the limp-wrist republicans moaned about in the House.

Obamacare is fully funded. Heck, Guiss was complaining about the funding for it a few weeks ago. AWOL's medicare prescription problem was totally unfunded, not even a whisper of where the money to paid for it would come from.
    I'm not an anti-war guy. I am a pro WINNING WARS guy. At this point, you simply have to wonder what our soldiers are dying for in Afghanistan. I'm not looking at the war as a Republican or Democrat involvement but an American one. The price is just getting too dang high.

I just totally disagree with the idea that we are almost done withdrawing from Iraq and definitely not Afghanistan. I hope you are right. As far as Libya, America's involvement is Obama's decision. Unlike the Bush military actions he didn't even have approval from Congress. And 'cmon... NATO matter? Nobody is really buying that line...

But all of this war talk has only one piece of relevance to this topic. He's still there in force. You can't claim "These wars are causing the problem, therefore Bush did it." He's the commander in chief and stated that it should be the focus of the US war effort. He had the opportunity and has done nothing. He deserves some blame here. It's been 932 days. He could have at least repealed the Bush tax cuts that are now being called the second biggest reason for our financial problems. He has had 932 days to reverse the policies of Bush, that makes him equally as responsible.

Here's a scenario: You're riding in a borrowed car with your friend Orack Barama. All of a sudden, one of the tires blows out. There's plenty of time to pull the car over, but Orack stops driving and sticks his pecker in the cigarette lighter. When you get out of the hospital, Orack tells you he knew the tires were all bald. Now... do you blame the guy you borrowed the car from? Yeah... I mean he shouldn't have had bald tires. But you can still be mad at Orack too.

Bottom line statement: Obamacare is a spending bill.

Quote Originally Posted by hoppinmad View Post
    Not so say his advisers who have resigned. Some portray obamer as a "know-it-all" who took nobodys advice except valerie (what a joke) jarrett..... he even ignored the advice of the economic panel he appointed. And jarrett is about as competent as clinton's surgeon general jocelyn elders. You remember that moron?
    You have a link?

Quote Originally Posted by duckbillplatty View Post
    I'm not an anti-war guy. I am a pro WINNING WARS guy. At this point, you simply have to wonder what our soldiers are dying for in Afghanistan. I'm not looking at the war as a Republican or Democrat involvement but an American one. The price is just getting too dang high.

I just totally disagree with the idea that we are almost done withdrawing from Iraq and definitely not Afghanistan. I hope you are right. As far as Libya, America's involvement is Obama's decision. Unlike the Bush military actions he didn't even have approval from Congress. And 'cmon... NATO matter? Nobody is really buying that line...

But all of this war talk has only one piece of relevance to this topic. He's still there in force. You can't claim "These wars are causing the problem, therefore Bush did it." He's the commander in chief and stated that it should be the focus of the US war effort. He had the opportunity and has done nothing. He deserves some blame here. It's been 932 days. He could have at least repealed the Bush tax cuts that are now being called the second biggest reason for our financial problems. He has had 932 days to reverse the policies of Bush, that makes him equally as responsible.

Here's a scenario: You're riding in a borrowed car with your friend Orack Barama. All of a sudden, one of the tires blows out. There's plenty of time to pull the car over, but Orack stops driving and sticks his pecker in the cigarette lighter. When you get out of the hospital, Orack tells you he knew the tires were all bald. Now... do you blame the guy you borrowed the car from? Yeah... I mean he shouldn't have had bald tires. But you can still be mad at Orack too.

Bottom line statement: Obamacare is a spending bill.
    Bottom line statement: Obamacare is a spending bill that is fully funded.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    How can Obamacare be considered fully funded. Is it still 10 for 6?? Did something change?
    Check it out.

Bottom line statement: Obamacare is a spending bill that is fully funded.
    If you mean fully funded as in doesn't add to the deficit (and therefore debt), then it's all just speculation. I have no faith in the government to keep this from becoming a bloated and inefficient program that costs much more than originally expected. I know that for one thing, the CBO scored it based on an assumed economic growth that it is clear that we will not maintain for the next couple of years.

+ Reply to Thread