+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: W. Volleyball. 2011 News

Champ Tech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to behold Tech78's Avatar

Re: W. Volleyball. Sonnichsen Steps Down at LA Tech

Matt was a great guy and representative for Tech. He has assembled some talent that should come around as we only had one senior on this year's team. I thought the team lacked "on the court" leadership and the lone senior who was a star setter was not going to provide that from that position. The WAC is not a slouch volleyball conference as Hawaii is a top ten team most years and NMSU has a pretty strong program too.

Volleyball, as all the other women's programs, except WBB, are treated as necessary evils to the athletic department. I don't see anyone having much success at Tech with that type treatment. The treatment of the hard working student athletes and coaches in these sports could be improved IMO. I personally donate to them as I can easily see the impact it makes. Alas, my pockets aren't deep enough to resolve the myriad of needs in Tech athletics.

Good luck to Matt, his family, and the Lady Techster Volleyball Team!!!

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Re: W. Volleyball. Sonnichsen Steps Down at LA Tech

Quote Originally Posted by Tech78 View Post

Volleyball, as all the other women's programs, except WBB, are treated as necessary evils to the athletic department. I don't see anyone having much success at Tech with that type treatment. The treatment of the hard working student athletes and coaches in these sports could be improved IMO. I personally donate to them as I can easily see the impact it makes. Alas, my pockets aren't deep enough to resolve the myriad of needs in Tech athletics.

Justin, it's BVDV job to figure out how to do it. It's tough, but it ain't brain science!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Four WAC Players Earn AVCA All-America Honors-WACSports.com

A new article has been posted on www.wacsports.com:

Four WAC volleyball players have been named to the AVCA All-America team. Hawai'i's Kanani Danielson earned first team honors, while teammate Emily Hartong received second team honors.

More...

Discuss it here.

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

W. Volleyball. Salas Named All-Louisiana Newcomer of the Year, Second Team-All Louisi

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Louisiana Tech volleyball players Stephany Salas and Clara Vido were honored by the Louisiana Sports Writers Association (LSWA) Monday morning as they were named to the 2011 all-Louisiana volleyball team as selected by the sports information directors from across the state.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ Tech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to behold Tech78's Avatar

Re: W. Volleyball. Salas Named All-Louisiana Newcomer of the Year, Second Team-All Lo

Congratulations to Stephany and Clara.

Stephany received this recognition even though she played injured for over half of the season. I hope she has a healthy senior year to show what she is capable of doing.

W. Volleyball. Five Lady Techsters Named Academic All-WAC

RUSTON - The Louisiana Tech volleyball team landed five student-athletes on the 2011 academic all-WAC volleyball team as announced by the conference office Friday afternoon.

More...

Discuss it here.

Re: W. Volleyball. Five Lady Techsters Named Academic All-WAC

Nice credit to our old coach Matt for having players that were students first. Too bad that didn't also translate into WAC wins.

Hope the girls continue the good classroom work and get it going for a yet to be named new coach. Surely a new one will be announced soon?

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Re: W. Volleyball. Five Lady Techsters Named Academic All-WAC

Quote Originally Posted by Tech78 View Post
    Nice credit to our old coach Matt for having players that were students first. Too bad that didn't also translate into WAC wins.

Hope the girls continue the good classroom work and get it going for a yet to be named new coach. Surely a new one will be announced soon?
    Our coach got fired? How did I miss that announcement?

W. Volleyball. De Souza Hired as Head Volleyball Coach

Louisiana Tech has announced the hiring of longtime Division I assistant coach Adriano de Souza as the ninth head coach in Lady Techster volleyball history.

More...

Discuss it here.

+ Reply to Thread