+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Iowa Straw Poll

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Iowa Straw Poll

Bachmann wins, Paul second, both well ahead of the other candidates.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/08/...html?hpt=hp_t1

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Iowa Straw Poll

I found this shocking. I can't believe the state of Iowa is to the right of me. I like it!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by T_Won View Post
    I found this shocking. I can't believe the state of Iowa is to the right of me. I like it!
    Ditto!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Pawlenty is out of the race. And he finished 3rd in Iowa. Hmmmm....what should the others do that finished behind him?

Take the money and run!

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Pawlenty is out of the race. And he finished 3rd in Iowa. Hmmmm....what should the others do that finished behind him?

Take the money and run!
    Yeah, I just don't see Romney packing it in yet.

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post

Take the money and run!
    Pawlenty is the governor of Minnesota (just north of Iowa). He needed to win this to have a legitimate chance for the nomination. Finishing behind Ron Paul and a Senator from his state was basically saying he had no chance.

Santorum said he needed to finish in the Top 5 to have a good chance and he finished 4th. He is thrilled. Most polls have him down at the bottom... along with Cain, who also finished in the Top 5. So it means different things to different candidates.

But I really think it is "three-man race" at this point: Perry, Romney, and Bachmann. A Perry/Bachmann ticket would probably take out Obama fairly easily... if the media plays it fairly (which they won't). Should be interesting.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

It is pretty ridiculous to put so much stock into this poll. In the last 30 some odd years, only twice has a candidate won the poll and then went on to win the Republican nomination and only once has a winner of the poll went on to become President.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ames_St...ary_of_results

The 30th most populated state in the Union is not a reasonable measure for the rest of the country. If anything, it shows who won't win. Perry very well could have played his cards right by not being a part of this unnecessary and useless poll.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

I agree JuBru, this really only had any sort of impact for Bachmann, Paul, and Pawlenty. Bachmann and Paul get a boost for the next week or so and obviously it is over for Pawlenty. While interesting, I think it has minimal impact on how things turn out eventually.

Perry is the frontrunner right now in my opinion and the nomination is basically his to lose. Barring some major mistakes on his part or skeletons in the closet, I think he gets the nomination.

And by the way, I am not a Perry supporter at this time.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

That is a fair assessment of it, but in the long run this will do nothing. Bachmann will eventually drop to become Perry's or whoever gets the Republican nomination VP or pull a Palin and string people along to make a lot of money (don't see her going back to Congress). Paul will ungracefully fall into the sunset because he will never win.

+ Reply to Thread