+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gary Patterson donates to QUEST!

Champ LABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant future

Re: Love Field -- Renovations

Quote Originally Posted by Tech78 View Post
    You have to work hard to support Tech - and that shouldn't be!!!!
    THIS! (and that's a shame!)

Champ LABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant future

Speaking of renovations, does anyone know if it is possible to put some type of netting on the third base side that could prevent at least some of the foul balls from going into the parking lot? I don't know if it's a cost issue, structural issue (wind loading on the light poles) or any other issue that would prevent this from being implemented. A lot of cars get dinged up at every ball game due to foul balls. Any comments would be appreciated.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Designated Hitter View Post
    Actually, $400K was what was originally pledgor wanted to baseball. BVD is trying to get it down to $200 and keep the extra cash for the new Field House facility. Making a few people very very mad.....about resolved now.

BVD and others trying hard to get more cash up front to move forward with bids to start on new Field House project as many large pledgors pledged over 3-5 years to take write offs over those years. If they gave it all in one year, they would not get full tax benefit. So not the pledges, but getting more cash up front.

Whether Wade Simoneaux ever wins a title or not, know this; his is a good fund raiser and has made many on campus and in athletics mad at times and had hand slapped. Few examples over the years:

AD....don't go raise any more money or do anything else this year or I will have to give more dollars to women's sports.
    Coach....need money for some equipment, screens, etc. at field in next budget; AD go raise the funds.
    Coach....if raising funds for other things of need to replace, need recruiting travel budget help when sending coaches to see events and players as can only afford to send one now. AD...go raise the money to cover the over spending in that category or don't go over.
    Coach...need to bump assitant pay as well below peers in WAC and CUSA you keep saying are our peers and will not be able to keep better one or get quality replacement when time comes if we don't. AD....can't due to Title IX or would have to do same for Women's softball. AD following year...budget restraints.
    Woman Faculty Athtletics member (first letter last name "M").....I hear baseball is raising x amount of money. If they do, women should get half of it.
    HC to head of Facilities, we need some field work and expense for "x"....about $1,000. TS, sorry don't have anything left in budget. HC, what do you mean nothing left in budget it is just February. TS....went to FB and ...

Bottom line, HC is punished or restrained at times when no other program goes out and works as hard to raise money. When other sports do not get players to go to some event being publicized, AD office calls Wade because he knows he will send some kids for go speak at an event someone else would not.

So for that reason only and love for Louisiana Tech, I hope he does well and gets a real good offer somewhere else to get away from our crap.

I tell you, it is enough to drive you to drinking, if you were a non-drinker. I could never retire around there as either I would have a stroke or end up hurting someone severely. 40 years and I keep hoping that kind of shit will improve around there.
    All of that is sickening. If Mr. Patterson wants $400,000 of HIS money to go to LA Tech baseball, then that's where it should go. Period.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LABulldog View Post
    Speaking of renovations, does anyone know if it is possible to put some type of netting on the third base side that could prevent at least some of the foul balls from going into the parking lot? I don't know if it's a cost issue, structural issue (wind loading on the light poles) or any other issue that would prevent this from being implemented. A lot of cars get dinged up at every ball game due to foul balls. Any comments would be appreciated.
    Don't park in that lot. Let other pinheads do that.

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Don't park in that lot. Let other pinheads do that.

I don't! I usually park across the street at the softball field as close to Alabama and the softball field as I can get. At least a foul ball has to carry a heck of a way to get to me or at least other cars will slow it down before it gets to my vehicle. :icon_wink:

The ball players usually park there (stadium lot), especially for practice and I was asked by one if I thought something could be done to help. I told him I would approach the BBB and get their expert opinions!!
    Last edited by LABulldog; 10-13-2011 at 12:23 PM. Reason: added quote

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Designated Hitter View Post
    Actually, $400K was what was originally pledgor wanted to baseball. BVD is trying to get it down to $200 and keep the extra cash for the new Field House facility.
    I believe the words that BVD was looking for were, "Thank you."

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    All of that is sickening. If Mr. Patterson wants $400,000 of HIS money to go to LA Tech baseball, then that's where it should go. Period.
    Absolutely but not period. Until Title 9 is no more

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

I want to go on record that I'm not opposed to those in favor of Title IX doing some fund raising, too.
    Just sayin.. . . .
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    I want to go on record that I'm not opposed to those in favor of Title IX doing some fund raising, too.
    Just sayin.. . . .
    Yep -

Unfortunately that's not the society we live in -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Yep -

Unfortunately that's not the society we live in -
    BB&B project?

Provide TitleIX matching portion whenever an individual wants to donate to a men's sport.

That way, the money goes where the donor wants it to go. And BB&B smells like roses for supporting women's programs.

Whaddya say?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: Gary Patterson donates to QUEST!

title ix is the debil
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

I have no problem with Baseball Coach or any coach and program raising money for things other than recruiting budget and coaches salaries. Those two any university has to show commitment to and wanting to have some winning programs. It was one of first steps TCU made in their 20 year plan 11+ years ago. Then came new field house an suites, some winning, new baseball, softball, spring sport facility upgrades, Indoor Mulit Purpose Practice Facility, now football stadium redo one side at a time, and then new arena. TCU gets it. SMU stumbled, cut sports, funding, then started increasing football and basketball pay slowly, then built Ford Football stadium, and only recently trying push for someone to want them. You have to stay the course like TCU did.

ULL baseball recruiting budget was around 18K 5 years ago. We are at $5K and have to raise the deficit difference of what we spend and try to keep it limited. Rather it go to uniforms, bats, screens, etc. than to have to cover recruiting budget to go out to see events and players and give paid visits to those to come in. You would be shocked how many non paid visits we have to try and get to just get by or one day visit with no overnight.

Champ HUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the rough

If ya'll want to form a group of say 10, 15 people and ask Sim what would he most like to see done to J.C. Love before the season starts and not go over a $3,000.00 project, then how about we all donate $300.00 a piece and try to accomplish a "project" from BB&B before the season starts? Net separating parking lot from the third base line, coachs' offices upgrades, shrubs (landscaping), etc. I'm in for the $300.00 donation if at least 10 others are.

+ Reply to Thread