+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gary Patterson donates to QUEST!

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Gary Patterson donates to QUEST!

http://www.latechsports.com/genrel/081511aaa.html
    Former Tech athlete gives $1mil to QUEST.

Sorry for the echo. I thought maybe this oughta be in baseball folder, too.
    Last edited by Dawgpix; 08-15-2011 at 04:06 PM.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Gary Patterson donates to QUEST!

Thanks for posting that one. I had no idea.

Champ LABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant future

Re: Gary Patterson donates to QUEST!

Thank you Gary and your family. Definitely a homerun for that Diamond Dawg!

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Baseball Love Field -- Renovations

It was my understanding that $200,000 of Mr. Patterson's generous Q4E donation were specifically designated for renovations to J.C. Love Field at PPP.

Anybody know what improvements we can expect to see in the near future?

Champ LABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant future

Re: Love Field -- Renovations

Yes! I will probably forget certain details but here are some if not most of the upgrades as they were described to me. The batting cage area will be enlarged and improved upon. I don't have specific improvement details (I would assume new machines and equipment associated with that. Have not physically been in the area). A new dressing room for the home team will be built. From what I understand, if one goes in through the entrance off the parking lot on Alabama, the ticket booth will be removed and intergrated into the new locker/dressing room that will expand out from the third base side of the stadium that faces Alabama. Additional lockers are to be added (only have 30 current lockers so some players have to share). A relaxation area for the players/coaches is to be included (will encompass part of the existing locker room). I don't know anything about any renovations to the coaches office but would not be surprised if that happens also.

If I get additional information, I'll edit my post accordingly.
    Last edited by LABulldog; 10-09-2011 at 04:57 PM. Reason: grammar correction

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

The upgrades that are really needed is the quality of play on the field.

Ah, shuddup, all you kool-aid drinkers....

Champ HUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the rough

We're also getting a new sound system.

Quote Originally Posted by HUGETechfan View Post
    We're also getting a new sound system.
    Definitely good to hear. Hopefully, we can get someone to run it correctly!
    Last edited by LABulldog; 10-10-2011 at 11:15 AM. Reason: grammar, again!

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LABulldog View Post
    Definitely good to here. Hopefully, we can get someone to run it correctly!
    Are you saying the people who run the sound/pa system at Love Field are doing a bad job? I don't think we outsource scoreboard/pa operations for baseball.

No, what I'm saying, is that almost every game (I'm a season ticket holder and have a son on the team) that I go to, the sound level is different. It either is extremely loud (hurts your ears or extrememly distorted) or right around "just right". You never know what you will get. The speakers are rattling at times due to excessive volume. I have gone into the press box to ask them if they could turn it down or if they were aware of the distortion problems and I get that "the level is at the same setting as the last game" or just a blank stare like they have no idea what I'm talking about. Maybe the problem is the current sound system and a new one will fix it. I want someone that knows what the volume knob is for and understands what happens when it is turned. Not to much to ask for I think.

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    It was my understanding that $200,000 of Mr. Patterson's generous Q4E donation were specifically designated for renovations to J.C. Love Field at PPP.

Anybody know what improvements we can expect to see in the near future?
    Actually, $400K was what was originally pledgor wanted to baseball. BVD is trying to get it down to $200 and keep the extra cash for the new Field House facility. Making a few people very very mad.....about resolved now.

BVD and others trying hard to get more cash up front to move forward with bids to start on new Field House project as many large pledgors pledged over 3-5 years to take write offs over those years. If they gave it all in one year, they would not get full tax benefit. So not the pledges, but getting more cash up front.

Whether Wade Simoneaux ever wins a title or not, know this; his is a good fund raiser and has made many on campus and in athletics mad at times and had hand slapped. Few examples over the years:

AD....don't go raise any more money or do anything else this year or I will have to give more dollars to women's sports.
    Coach....need money for some equipment, screens, etc. at field in next budget; AD go raise the funds.
    Coach....if raising funds for other things of need to replace, need recruiting travel budget help when sending coaches to see events and players as can only afford to send one now. AD...go raise the money to cover the over spending in that category or don't go over.
    Coach...need to bump assitant pay as well below peers in WAC and CUSA you keep saying are our peers and will not be able to keep better one or get quality replacement when time comes if we don't. AD....can't due to Title IX or would have to do same for Women's softball. AD following year...budget restraints.
    Woman Faculty Athtletics member (first letter last name "M").....I hear baseball is raising x amount of money. If they do, women should get half of it.
    HC to head of Facilities, we need some field work and expense for "x"....about $1,000. TS, sorry don't have anything left in budget. HC, what do you mean nothing left in budget it is just February. TS....went to FB and ...

Bottom line, HC is punished or restrained at times when no other program goes out and works as hard to raise money. When other sports do not get players to go to some event being publicized, AD office calls Wade because he knows he will send some kids for go speak at an event someone else would not.

So for that reason only and love for Louisiana Tech, I hope he does well and gets a real good offer somewhere else to get away from our crap.

I tell you, it is enough to drive you to drinking, if you were a non-drinker. I could never retire around there as either I would have a stroke or end up hurting someone severely. 40 years and I keep hoping that kind of shit will improve around there.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Designated Hitter View Post
    Actually, $400K was what was originally pledgor wanted to baseball. BVD is trying to get it down to $200 and keep the extra cash for the new Field House facility. Making a few people very very mad.....about resolved now.

BVD and others trying hard to get more cash up front to move forward with bids to start on new Field House project as many large pledgors pledged over 3-5 years to take write offs over those years. If they gave it all in one year, they would not get full tax benefit. So not the pledges, but getting more cash up front.

Whether Wade Simoneaux ever wins a title or not, know this; his is a good fund raiser and has made many on campus and in athletics mad at times and had hand slapped. Few examples over the years:

AD....don't go raise any more money or do anything else this year or I will have to give more dollars to women's sports.
    Coach....need money for some equipment, screens, etc. at field in next budget; AD go raise the funds.
    Coach....if raising funds for other things of need to replace, need recruiting travel budget help when sending coaches to see events and players as can only afford to send one now. AD...go raise the money to cover the over spending in that category or don't go over.
    Coach...need to bump assitant pay as well below peers in WAC and CUSA you keep saying are our peers and will not be able to keep better one or get quality replacement when time comes if we don't. AD....can't due to Title IX or would have to do same for Women's softball. AD following year...budget restraints.
    Woman Faculty Athtletics member (first letter last name "M").....I hear baseball is raising x amount of money. If they do, women should get half of it.
    HC to head of Facilities, we need some field work and expense for "x"....about $1,000. TS, sorry don't have anything left in budget. HC, what do you mean nothing left in budget it is just February. TS....went to FB and ...

Bottom line, HC is punished or restrained at times when no other program goes out and works as hard to raise money. When other sports do not get players to go to some event being publicized, AD office calls Wade because he knows he will send some kids for go speak at an event someone else would not.

So for that reason only and love for Louisiana Tech, I hope he does well and gets a real good offer somewhere else to get away from our crap.

I tell you, it is enough to drive you to drinking, if you were a non-drinker. I could never retire around there as either I would have a stroke or end up hurting someone severely. 40 years and I keep hoping that kind of shit will improve around there.
    And there are more where that came from...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    And there are more where that came from...
    Yep, plenty more where that came from.

Varsity Bulldog El Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her gameEl Oso is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by LABulldog View Post
    No, what I'm saying, is that almost every game (I'm a season ticket holder and have a son on the team) that I go to, the sound level is different. It either is extremely loud (hurts your ears or extrememly distorted) or right around "just right". You never know what you will get. The speakers are rattling at times due to excessive volume. I have gone into the press box to ask them if they could turn it down or if they were aware of the distortion problems and I get that "the level is at the same setting as the last game" or just a blank stare like they have no idea what I'm talking about. Maybe the problem is the current sound system and a new one will fix it. I want someone that knows what the volume knob is for and understands what happens when it is turned. Not to much to ask for I think.
    That was frustrating last season. It sounded like the speakers were blown during the Fall World Series and they didn't make an effort to fix them until the final home series. Hopefully it will be better this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Designated Hitter View Post
    Whether Wade Simoneaux ever wins a title or not, know this; his is a good fund raiser
    This.

Champ Tech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to behold Tech78's Avatar

You have to work hard to support Tech - and that shouldn't be!!!!

+ Reply to Thread