+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scrimmage Report

Champ nytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant future

Scrimmage Report

Lots of people at the scrimmage tonight, opened a thread so everyone can share their observations... Best thing the coaches did tonight was not play Lennon Creer, so that's why you didn't hear about him, we already know how valuable he is...Quick recap.... Thought both QB's did some good things when they were with the 1st string O Line, our depth at O Line is not very good right now and hopefully they grow as a total unit in the next 2 weeks. If I were SD/TF, Isham would be my starter, there's nothing wrong with what CC is doing but there is also no seperation either. Isham brings everything CC does and I think he brings better leadership.....Roll with Isham and get the growing pains out of the way. Our WR's are very talented, especially QP and I'm excited about this unit, Myles White was in a red jersey and didn't participate tonight. Our D is very much improved from top to bottom, secondary still needs to gell but our D Line/LB's are complete studs. Teams will not be able to run the ball on us and our DE's will be putting pressure on the QB every play, this should lead to a better secondary. Defense allowed the offense to get them in the 2nd half, so if there was a negative about the D, the question of whether they can finish a game still stands.

Champ mikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond repute mikedog's Avatar

Re: Scrimmage Report

Quote Originally Posted by nytetyme View Post
    Lots of people at the scrimmage tonight, opened a thread so everyone can share their observations... Best thing the coaches did tonight was not play Lennon Creer, so that's why you didn't hear about him, we already know how valuable he is...Quick recap.... Thought both QB's did some good things when they were with the 1st string O Line, our depth at O Line is not very good right now and hopefully they grow as a total unit in the next 2 weeks. If I were SD/TF, Isham would be my starter, there's nothing wrong with what CC is doing but there is also no seperation either. Isham brings everything CC does and I think he brings better leadership.....Roll with Isham and get the growing pains out of the way. Our WR's are very talented, especially QP and I'm excited about this unit, Myles White was in a red jersey and didn't participate tonight. Our D is very much improved from top to bottom, secondary still needs to gell but our D Line/LB's are complete studs. Teams will not be able to run the ball on us and our DE's will be putting pressure on the QB every play, this should lead to a better secondary. Defense allowed the offense to get them in the 2nd half, so if there was a negative about the D, the question of whether they can finish a game still stands.
    Thanks for the recap. If the QB race is as close as you suggest, then I hope the coaches go with Isham.

Champ DellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond repute DellDawg's Avatar

Also Clark had another ridiculous interception. He basically man handled the receiver and took the ball from him on a good throw from Isham.

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

Teams will not be able to run the ball on us...
    Bowl game. I'm going to hold you to this!

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! QB's essentially dead-even tonight. Both hit or exceeded TF's 70% completion goal. This battle will have to be decided on intangibles. Good luck SD! My "only" demand is that you get it right - the first time!

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

Any word or reasoning that we haven't heard anything from Tyrone Duplessis this fall? Was it surprising that Lee didn't get any carries from the backfield? I know Creer is the guy, but I don't see us using much depth in all the reports I've seen since we started back up.

I agree with your Isham assessment. They seem to be running neck and neck. On the other hand, Cameron was ahead last week, so Isham is catching up. Next week should be very important. Did Dykes say when he was announcing the starter?

Champ Salvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant futureSalvatore Assante has a brilliant future Salvatore Assante's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rockdog View Post
    Any word or reasoning that we haven't heard anything from Tyrone Duplessis this fall?
    He's not on the team.

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Salvatore Assante View Post
    He's not on the team.
    When did this happen? I never read anything about this.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Cameron Cox, KNOE 8: Bulldogs Scrimmage Highlights

David Folse II, BleedTechBlue.com: Isham impresses in scrimmage

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Salvatore Assante View Post
    He's not on the team.
    Since he was on the sidelines tonight all smiles I tend to disagree with you.

Varsity Bulldog SteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the roughSteveyTI is a jewel in the rough

I understand that we have already seen what CC brings to the table but wouldn't it be better for the long term for CC to play this year, redshirt isham while he develops and learns more of the offense and then is that much better next year without using a year of eligibility or flip flopping between Qb's like we did all last season ? Especially if both guys are neck and neck and perfoming similarly this makes sense!

Champ nytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant futurenytetyme has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by SteveyTI View Post
    I understand that we have already seen what CC brings to the table but wouldn't it be better for the long term for CC to play this year, redshirt isham while he develops and learns more of the offense and then is that much better next year without using a year of eligibility or flip flopping between Qb's like we did all last season ? Especially if both guys are neck and neck and perfoming similarly this makes sense!
    It does make sense...I like CC and think he has some good game to him, don't get me wrong. I just think there isn't a big gap between the 2 and believe Isham can perform at the same level....but Lennon Creer will also make both QB's look better...It truely is a tough decision for SD/TF...Two worthy guys for the job..

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

It does make sense...I like CC and think he has some good game to him, don't get me wrong. I just think there isn't a big gap between the 2 and believe Isham can perform at the same level....but Lennon Creer will also make both QB's look better...It truely is a tough decision for SD/TF...Two worthy guys for the job..

Nytetyhme, thanks for your comments and attending the practices and scrimmages. Those of us hundreds of miles away appreciate your analysis.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Ethan Conley, The News-Star: Tech offense shines

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    Wow! QB's essentially dead-even tonight. Both hit or exceeded TF's 70% completion goal. This battle will have to be decided on intangibles. Good luck SD! My "only" demand is that you get it right - the first time!
    Without any real separation, I'm starting lean toward the Isham camp. I know Cameron has good scrambling ability. I'm not sure about Isham in that department. That said, we need a guy who can sling the ball around and... we need a guy that can consistently make plays with his arm. If Isham is a natural, I could see us rolling with him.

+ Reply to Thread