+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Move the chains

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Move the chains

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    I don't get this...volunteers for concession gets a percentage of the days profit selling hot dogs and cokes, but our spirit groups gets nothing in return from athletics performing at sporting events. Even the event staff gets paid, and some of them do jack squat!
    Yep. Tech should consider paying part of the spirit group's tuition.:icon_wink:

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I don't want to hear about LA Tech's money problems. People don't want to associate with somebody who complains about money all the time.

When a salesman goes in to sell something to a new customer, they don't go in bitchin about their money problems. In fact, if they complain too much, they won't get the new business, because a smart customer will think..."hmm...this guy doesn't have the resources to take care of my needs. I'm gonna wait and do business with someone who does."

That's how I feel about LA Tech. The LA Tech leadership needs to quit giving people the impression that they are barely hanging on by a thread, even if it's true. People (and potential supporters) don't want to invest in a LOSER. Most folks have money concerns of their own, so they don't want to get involved with someone else's money problems too. Derek Dooley understood this, and was very good about putting a good face on the program.

HD
    Very true.

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

I must be missing something here. How is it bvdv's job to get the band to away games? Doesn't he have enough things to screw up? I'm no bvdv fan, but I just don't see how this falls on him. Shouldn't we be blaming robken and DR?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by deadawg View Post
    I must be missing something here. How is it bvdv's job to get the band to away games? Doesn't he have enough things to screw up? I'm no bvdv fan, but I just don't see how this falls on him. Shouldn't we be blaming robken and DR?
    That's the way I see it too! And I love Robken and think DR has done a great job with academics and maybe finally getting it in gear with how important athletics are to the university scene these days. I said maybe.

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    That's the way I see it too! And I love Robken and think DR has done a great job with academics and maybe finally getting it in gear with how important athletics are to the university scene these days. I said maybe.
    I wish it was true TT, but it's not. He's even crafted an inflated academic story; the progress has been more of shifted emphasis than expanded horizons.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Can't we just move the chains . . . and win??

PS--FWIW, the last Arkansas at South Carolina game I attended three seasons ago, the Arkansas pep band traveled in two buses from Fayetteville to Columbia, S.C. Pep Bands ain's that hard to fund . . . if some band parent had the gumption to become a regular BB&B member and relate some real concerns to us.

PSS--Monroe Dawg your MTC opines are so 2006. Hurry and catch up. We're now working on "Your Are My Sunshine" . . . . for 13's sake .
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread