+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Move the chains

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Re: Move the chains

Quote Originally Posted by Monroe Dawg View Post
    Yes sir, I am....and very proud to be ... I am a season ticket holder for footabll and baseball and former player... Do you have a problem with me?
    Some here believe that unless you are a season ticket holder (or former player), you have no right to say anything. But since you are both, rant away.

Oh, and I disagree about it being high schoolish.

Varsity Bulldog Monroe Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonroe Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonroe Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonroe Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonroe Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonroe Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonroe Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonroe Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonroe Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonroe Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonroe Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Some here believe that unless you are a season ticket holder (or former player), you have no right to say anything. But since you are both, rant away.

Thanks for your honesty! You are probably right, I wish my high school would have said "move the chains" more often... I am so proud we have fans @ game to cheer whatever the hell they want. You should see what goes on in Monroe... I try to support them, but it is so embarrising what takes place...

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post

I agree...a season ticket holder and player can have his opinion. So, I have no problem with you. Go ahead and have your say.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DellDawg View Post
    According to what I've heard, the band doesn't even start camp until the 2nd.
    And that right there be da problem.

HD

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

I agree...are you going to be @ game? I want to move the chains all night long, but just hate this chant @ our home games... Sounds kind of High Schoolish!! Hate to be picky, because we need fans @ game whether they are nerds or not!!!!
    You are too picky. It's not high schoolish at all. I would tell you if it was. We're not the NFL, where there's no bands and very little organized cheering. It's a lot of fun.

Thibnk about Texas A&M. They do "organized" cheers all the time with the student body.

Of course, you're from Monroe, so what do you know.

HD

Champ SixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of lightSixWings is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for your honesty! You are probably right, I wish my high school would have said "move the chains" more often... I am so proud we have fans @ game to cheer whatever the hell they want. You should see what goes on in Monroe... I try to support them, but it is so embarrising what takes place...
    huh?

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    You are too picky. It's not high schoolish at all. I would tell you if it was. We're not the NFL, where there's no bands and very little organized cheering. It's a lot of fun.

Thibnk about Texas A&M. They do "organized" cheers all the time with the student body.

HD
    Thanks, HogDawg...I think you said it all.... Now.....do we have a trumpet player???

Champ HUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the roughHUGETechfan is a jewel in the rough

Nothing wrong with "Move the Chains". Thanks.

Varsity Bulldog Monroe Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonroe Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonroe Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonroe Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonroe Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonroe Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonroe Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonroe Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonroe Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonroe Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonroe Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

HD
    Sorry HD(Elvis), I am not FROM Monroe.. and yes, I am very picky..I am a resident of Funroe, but I am from Shreveport. I am greatful for whatever fan support we can get and hope it gets better! If "move the chains" is the best we got, then we will go with it !!!

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar

Doesn't have the money? Are you kidding? It's only a 2 or 3-hour car drive from Ruston.

We need to start recruiting students who are more resourceful. This is ridiculous.

HD
    2 hours? You driving the Cessna or the Beechcraft for that trip?

But yes, it is an easy trip. It is ridiculous the full Tech contingent is not going. This should have been planned 2 years ago.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Sorry HD(Elvis), I am not FROM Monroe.. and yes, I am very picky..I am a resident of Funroe, but I am from Shreveport. I am greatful for whatever fan support we can get and hope it gets better! If "move the chains" is the best we got, then we will go with it !!!
    I think it's really cheesy too. I don't like it either but trust me we are definitely in the minority on this one Monroe Dawg. But then again compared to singing You Are My Sunshine at the games its not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by NathanDarby View Post
    2 hours? You driving the Cessna or the Beechcraft for that trip?

But yes, it is an easy trip. It is ridiculous the full Tech contingent is not going. This should have been planned 2 years ago.
    If our "fans" (including our spirit groups and BOP) can't attend a game at Southern Miss, they likely can't attend a road game ANYWHERE. That's as close as it's gonna get unless LA Tech joins the LHSAA Class District 2-5A with Ruston and West Monroe.

HD

Champ BRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to behold

Doesn't have the money? Are you kidding? It's only a 2 or 3-hour car drive from Ruston.

We need to start recruiting students who are more resourceful. This is ridiculous.

HD
    Overheard the band director talking about an invitation to march in a parade in Homer. Said that would cost $7,000. for buses, meals and cleaning the uniforms. For the Southern Miss game, if they weren't planning on having the band in until Sept 2, then that would require supporting the band for at least a week earlier than planned.

Would love to have them at the game but when looking at the numbers, it just don't fit the budget.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BRDawg81 View Post
    Overheard the band director talking about an invitation to march in a parade in Homer. Said that would cost $7,000. for buses, meals and cleaning the uniforms. For the Southern Miss game, if they weren't planning on having the band in until Sept 2, then that would require supporting the band for at least a week earlier than planned.

Would love to have them at the game but when looking at the numbers, it just don't fit the budget.
    We don't need the entire band at USM. We don't even need the band director if he doesn't want to go. We need SOMEBODY at Tech to organize enough folks to be heard.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BRDawg81 View Post

For Southern Miss they wouldn't wear their wool uniforms so those wouldn't need cleaning. Because they wouldn't be performing on the field, they can wear their t-shirts and shorts and throw them in with their regular laundry. That wouldn't cost the band a dime. The point is that the band has never tried to raise money to my knowledge. They just say they don't have enough funding and don't try to do anything about it. According to Robken, they have no plans to make it to Mississippi State either, but they will try to send the pep band to Ole Miss. The band's priorities don't appear to be aligned with the goals of our athletic department. They should've tried to make the USM trip happen before ever considering Ole Miss or the parade in Homer.

+ Reply to Thread