+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Stock Trading

Champ longdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the rough

Re: Stock Trading

[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.[/IMG]

I was wondering what was going on at 12:05, a fake tweet!

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/twi...MW_latest_news

Champ longdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the rough

We know who controls the market, the HFT and algos. 20.4 billion changed hands in 3 mins on the /ES from the fake tweet.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-04-23/and-what-full-blown-market-exodus-looks

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

So am I to understand there's a currency "war" going on right now? Which will lead to a trade "war" next?

Five years remove from the financial crisis that almost brought down our economy, the 13 billion dollar settlement with JPM slides under the radar. Some contended the banks did nothing wrong, "it was the subprime borrowers"

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-0...p-morgan-chase

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by longdawgview View Post
    Five years remove from the financial crisis that almost brought down our economy, the 13 billion dollar settlement with JPM slides under the radar. Some contended the banks did nothing wrong, "it was the subprime borrowers"

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-0...p-morgan-chase
    Just like LIBOR... Main St. media will not talk about it...why? C O R R U P T I O N
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Trimming the Hedges...

Best way to clip the wings of the hedges is to stop putting money into their funds. That is something all of us, collectively, could accomplish. But! getting people to act in unison, even when it's in their own best interest, is like herding cats!

I was somewhat naïve some years back and rejected the notion of the MMs that control, well maybe "control" is too strong a term, let's try "heavily influence" the stock market. I had invested at an IPO in a gold mining junior. It was, admittedly, a penny stock and there was obvious high risk involved. I understood all of that going in. But! repeatedly the stock, i.e. the PPS, defied logic and acted/reacted in strange ways. On the blog there was at first, a lone voice screaming about manipulation. He was soon discredited when we learned he was a former, now disgruntled, employee of that firm.

Anyway....so as not to bore you any more.....after years of stubbornly holding on, actually attending stockholder meetings (in Nevada), and years of scratching my head as I watched that equity do goofy things....like drop in the wake of great news! Or, climb when the gold mining industry was tanking. I cashed out, making, fortunately, a profit. After I got out, about a month later, I got an email from an attorney who has been retained to represent the average shareholder. He has kept me apprised, as he legally can, of the ongoing litigation.

Guess what!? A hedge fund had been manipulating the stock. Or, I guess I should say "IS" manipulating the stock since they are denying wrong-doing and are continuing to. Although, lo and behold, citing other reasons, that fund has been divesting itself of shares of this company. Imagine that. They will, no doubt, try to quietly slip out the back door taking $milliions in profits with them.

+ Reply to Thread