+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Dallas Cowboys Thread

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

Re: Dallas Cowboys Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Trying to keep JJ out of the press/media? Stephen has been doing much of the yada yada yada lately.

Stephen Jones: We don’t have enough talent to win on defense
    Don't worry Jerry is still his same old delusional, attention seeking self.
    http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/ne...27366E5297EDDF

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Trying to keep JJ out of the press/media? Stephen has been doing much of the yada yada yada lately.

Stephen Jones: We don’t have enough talent to win on defense
    So Stephen actually seems to know what's going on. Unlike Jerry.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

I am telling you NFC East could be beastly next year. Eagles and Giants really jelled at the end of the year. If the Skins sign a decent QB, the could be solid. I would hate to be in that division over the next few years.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

We Cowboys fans have our hands full with a loud mouth owner/family, and being America's Team (to LOVE the most or HATE the most). Longtime Dallas guys like myself are realllllllly tired of JJ and crew, but alas...

To my "other" favorite team's fans...

If y'all don't want Brees, I'll sure as heck take him in Big D. Although Jerry's love affair with Tony is enough to make me puke.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    We Cowboys fans have our hands full with a loud mouth owner/family, and being America's Team (to LOVE the most or HATE the most). Longtime Dallas guys like myself are realllllllly tired of JJ and crew, but alas....
    While I agree with most of your comments on this subject, at least Jerry Jones hasn't put his team in jeopardy. Compared to the Saints' dumbass GM, Jerry Jones has never looked so good....

HD

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

[QUOTE=ChuckK3;1210488]We Cowboys fans have our hands full with a loud mouth owner/family, and being America's Team (to LOVE the most or HATE the most). Longtime Dallas guys like myself are realllllllly tired of JJ and crew, but alas...

To my "other" favorite team's fans...

If y'all don't want Brees, I'll sure as heck take him in Big D. Although Jerry's love affair with Tony is enough to make me puke.[/QUOTE

Tony and Jerry's "love affair " with him isn't the problem. The 4th highest rated Qb isn't the issue. The Cowboys have plenty of other fish to fry before Romo's name needs to come up.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    While I agree with most of your comments on this subject, at least Jerry Jones hasn't put his team in jeopardy. Compared to the Saints' dumbass GM, Jerry Jones has never looked so good....

HD
    HAHA I agree with the first half of your comment about the situation in NO being pretty bad, all of a sudden, but to say JJ "never looked so good"??

To me, Jerry's "glory days" were the Super Bowl years with Jimmy Johnson..92, 93 and 95 --- since then

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Tony and Jerry's "love affair " with him isn't the problem. The 4th highest rated Qb isn't the issue. The Cowboys have plenty of other fish to fry before Romo's name needs to come up.
    Yep, look at Troy's SB and Pro Bowl run from 91 to 96, Romo ranks among QBs pretty much the same as Aikman did (as far as QB rating goes on a relative basis). The big difference? Aikman's supporting cast, much better D, line, and RB. I know Troy's stats were never astronomical, but he was a good QB in his day, especially from 91 to 96 (the height of his career). No doubt, Romo has done bonehead things, but he can make throws and plays that many in the league couldnt even attempt. He is a top ten QB and has been every year for the las half decade.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    Yep, look at Troy's SB and Pro Bowl run from 91 to 96, Romo ranks among QBs pretty much the same as Aikman did (as far as QB rating goes on a relative basis). The big difference? Aikman's supporting cast, much better D, line, and RB. I know Troy's stats were never astronomical, but he was a good QB in his day, especially from 91 to 96 (the height of his career). No doubt, Romo has done bonehead things, but he can make throws and plays that many in the league couldnt even attempt. He is a top ten QB and has been every year for the las half decade.

I laugh at some of the more ignorant Cowboy fans that see the Manning and Brees issues and say we should trade Romo and go for Manning and Brees. Manning and to a lesser extent Brees would get KILLED here. Hell our OL would have Manning in the hospital by Week 6. We need a QB that can make plays with his feet in order to make plays with his arm. Cowboy fans don't know how good they have it with Romo.

I thought it was funny last year that he made those boneheaded plays and then when DeMarco Murray emerged as a hell of a RB those boneheaded plays suddenly stopped and Romo was a good QB again. Yeah either that or he had a running game that made the defense have to think and stop pinning their ears back and rushing the QB. Once Murray got hurt, the season was over.

Teams win Championships not QB's. Like DHuss said, give him a supporting cast. Then lets see what he can do. As it stands without an OL, No Running Game and WR's that were constantly injured he had the 4th highest passer rating in the league. Again he isn't perfect and does make his share of mistakes but we have a lot of other issues to fix before we get anywhere near him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    I laugh at some of the more ignorant Cowboy fans that see the Manning and Brees issues and say we should trade Romo and go for Manning and Brees. Manning and to a lesser extent Brees would get KILLED here. Hell our OL would have Manning in the hospital by Week 6. We need a QB that can make plays with his feet in order to make plays with his arm. Cowboy fans don't know how good they have it with Romo.

I thought it was funny last year that he made those boneheaded plays and then when DeMarco Murray emerged as a hell of a RB those boneheaded plays suddenly stopped and Romo was a good QB again. Yeah either that or he had a running game that made the defense have to think and stop pinning their ears back and rushing the QB. Once Murray got hurt, the season was over.

Teams win Championships not QB's. Like DHuss said, give him a supporting cast. Then lets see what he can do. As it stands without an OL, No Running Game and WR's that were constantly injured he had the 4th highest passer rating in the league. Again he isn't perfect and does make his share of mistakes but we have a lot of other issues to fix before we get anywhere near him.
    Same thing with Brees. Brees made a lot of mistakes through the Rams game last year. Running game started clicking after that, and Saints O was unstoppable after that. IF we had a halfassed D, we could have won it all.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Especially now that the Saints are in a tailspin they have a chance to get the next before us. Aikman is right 100% per Romo's athletic ability. But I can see the fight in N.O. rising to the top for the home crowd SB this year.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Romo is a better athlete than Troy, but I don't know that I think he's a better QB. While I don't share the "blame Romo" view of the Cowboys recent seasons (if anything, I think he's carried an average team higher than it otherwise would be for the most part), Troy was deadly accurate and made few mistakes. In many ways Troy ends up underrated because there was a lot of talent around him--a problem Romo hasn't had the priviledge of sharing

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgMc View Post
    Romo is a better athlete than Troy, but I don't know that I think he's a better QB. While I don't share the "blame Romo" view of the Cowboys recent seasons (if anything, I think he's carried an average team higher than it otherwise would be for the most part), Troy was deadly accurate and made few mistakes. In many ways Troy ends up underrated because there was a lot of talent around him--a problem Romo hasn't had the priviledge of sharing
    True and that's the fault of GM Jerry Jones. He will never be nor have 1/10 of the eye for talent that Jimmy Johnson or the Tuna had....fact..... and this will always be his downfall. Of course "God" dell knocking the Saints for a loop with the silly overreach punishment will help Jones get closer but he'll never sniff it again IMHO.

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

Especially now that the Saints are in a tailspin they have a chance to get the next before us. Aikman is right 100% per Romo's athletic ability. But I can see the fight in N.O. rising to the top for the home crowd SB this year.
    Better be careful of the SB jinx. The last two NFL teams that hosted a super bowl lost their quarterback for most if not all of the season (Peyton last year and Romo the year before)

+ Reply to Thread