+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Dallas Cowboys Thread

Champ Bill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant future

Re: Dallas Cowboys Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Monroe Dawg View Post
    Yep, am proud to admit I have been a fan since I was old enough to remember! Looks like we may come up a little short after out playing jets....
    It sucks when you dominate the game and lose. I can't stand that blowhard Rex Ryan and sucky dirty Sanchez. And diarrevas.

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

Typical Romo game. Makes good plays then makes bonehead plays that cost the Cowboys the game. That loss is on him. But they did look better than I expected.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Concluded a perfect day for me. Every NFL game ended the way I wanted them to.

Who's that gruffy drughead-looking dude with the long gray hair they kept showing on TV? Is that some kind of equipment manager or something? Must be a Jerry Jones' down-on-his-luck relative....:icon_wink:

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by parisdog View Post
    Typical Romo game. Makes good plays then makes bonehead plays that cost the Cowboys the game. That loss is on him. But they did look better than I expected.
    I still don't understand why people call Romo an elite QB in the NFL. And the way he immediately smiles after he screws up (note the Aaron Brooks like smiling on Romo's final INT last night) would drive me crazy if I was a cowgirl fan.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Cowboys looked better than I thought they would, and they have an easy road over the next 11 games. They do play the Eagles and the Patriots, but everybody else is very beatable over the next 11 games. Then, they play the hapless Giants 2 of their last 4 games. They should be able to compete for a playoff spot this year. If they dont, they are a lot worse than I think they are.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I worry about the same with TECH's best wr Q. Patton returning punts and kickoffs. I think it's stupid! As it was WR Andrew Guillot got dinged doing it.

Jerry Jones not happy Dez Bryant gets hurt on punt returns

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    I worry about the same with TECH's best wr Q. Patton returning punts and kickoffs. I think it's stupid! As it was WR Andrew Guillot got dinged doing it.

Jerry Jones not happy Dez Bryant gets hurt on punt returns
    I agree. And White is already hurt. I think we need to play it safe and keep Patton off the Special Teams.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    I still don't understand why people call Romo an elite QB in the NFL. And the way he immediately smiles after he screws up (note the Aaron Brooks like smiling on Romo's final INT last night) would drive me crazy if I was a cowgirl fan.
    It's just his personality to smile, even when things go wrong. I feel bad for him. He played a heck of a game. He is working with an inexperienced line that may get him severely injured. His receivers are talented, but, except for Witten, not very savvy. And he is snakebit late in big games.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    It's just his personality to smile, even when things go wrong. I feel bad for him. He played a heck of a game. He is working with an inexperienced line that may get him severely injured. His receivers are talented, but, except for Witten, not very savvy. And he is snakebit late in big games.
    Last night was not snakebit, it was just outright stupidity on Romo's part, and I have always been a Romo defender, but the fumble at the goalline was inexcusable.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    Last night was not snakebit, it was just outright stupidity on Romo's part, and I have always been a Romo defender, but the fumble at the goalline was inexcusable.
    Actually, it was the interception I thought was inexcusable. I have fewer complaints with a play where the defender just made a big play in a situation that was unfortunate for the team. Romo had tucked the ball, it just got knocked out. That happens. But throwing the ball into double coverage to a WR who is hurt and barely moving, and telegraphing the throw the whole way at that, is not what elite QBs do.

I really want to like the guy, but he can make it tough. I still think he's very reminiscent of Favre(without the personal drama). It's just that I don't consider that a huge compliment like many people do.

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgMc View Post
    Actually, it was the interception I thought was inexcusable. I have fewer complaints with a play where the defender just made a big play in a situation that was unfortunate for the team. Romo had tucked the ball, it just got knocked out. That happens. But throwing the ball into double coverage to a WR who is hurt and barely moving, and telegraphing the throw the whole way at that, is not what elite QBs do.

I really want to like the guy, but he can make it tough. I still think he's very reminiscent of Favre(without the personal drama). It's just that I don't consider that a huge compliment like many people do.
    While the INT was absolutely terrible, I would argue that the fumble was worse. It was third down, you are up by 14. Just throw the ball away and take the FG, you are up by 3 scores now. I understand trying to make that play if you are down by a TD, but you have to know the situation. I could see a rookie doing something that goofy, but not a vet.

Dez Bryant should have never been on the field, much less thrown to, so I put some of the blame on the coaches for putting a liability on the field.

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Just announced during the Cowboys-49ers game on Fox...

Tony Romo has a rib fracture. He is done for the game. Jon Kitna is in the game for Dallas.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechAlum05 View Post
    Just announced during the Cowboys-49ers game on Fox...

Tony Romo has a rib fracture. He is done for the game. Jon Kitna is in the game for Dallas.
    Just put his helmet on and is warming up to come back. Gonna be tough with a broken rib though. Ouch!

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    Just put his helmet on and is warming up to come back. Gonna be tough with a broken rib though. Ouch!
    Kinda surprised to see a quarterback go back into the game with a fractured rib. I wonder how well Romo will perform with the injury.

Quote Originally Posted by TechAlum05 View Post
    Kinda surprised to see a quarterback go back into the game with a fractured rib. I wonder how well Romo will perform with the injury.
    Their O-Line is so bad they are gonna get him killed if they aren't careful.

+ Reply to Thread