+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: C.E. Byrd HS 30 - West Monroe Univ 23

Varsity Bulldog SportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to allSportTechFan is a name known to all

C.E. Byrd HS 30 - West Monroe Univ 23

Byrd came back from a 1st quarter 16 to 7 deficit to tie the game at the half, take a 30 to 16 lead, and then hold off #1 West Monroe for a 30 to 23 win.

Despite some tough calls, 3 turnovers - the Byrd defense played well and Byrd QB Richard Cauthern ripped off several 50+ yard runs, one for a TD.

Congratulations to C.E. Byrd H.S.

STF

Varsity Bulldog Monroe Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonroe Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonroe Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonroe Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonroe Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonroe Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonroe Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonroe Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonroe Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonroe Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeMonroe Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Re: C.E. Byrd HS 30 - West Monroe Univ 23

Quote Originally Posted by SportTechFan View Post
    Byrd came back from a 1st quarter 16 to 7 deficit to tie the game at the half, take a 30 to 16 lead, and then hold off #1 West Monroe for a 30 to 23 win.

Despite some tough calls, 3 turnovers - the Byrd defense played well and Byrd QB Richard Cauthern ripped off several 50+ yard runs, one for a TD.

Congratulations to C.E. Byrd H.S.

STF
    Amen! Congrats to Byrd.....I know a lot of Neville fans that are happy

Big Dog justincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the rough

proud of my alma mater!

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I hope we're looking at Cauthern--he's a good player and, i'm told, a great person.

Varsity Bulldog TigerDawg is on top of his/her gameTigerDawg is on top of his/her gameTigerDawg is on top of his/her gameTigerDawg is on top of his/her gameTigerDawg is on top of his/her gameTigerDawg is on top of his/her gameTigerDawg is on top of his/her gameTigerDawg is on top of his/her gameTigerDawg is on top of his/her gameTigerDawg is on top of his/her gameTigerDawg is on top of his/her game TigerDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by justincad View Post
    proud of my alma mater!
    +1.

Champ DellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond repute DellDawg's Avatar

Of course, all the West Monroe people are trying to blame the refs. Very classless bunch when they loose.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by justincad View Post
    proud of my alma mater!

Same here

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DellDawg View Post
    Of course, all the West Monroe people are trying to blame the refs. Very classless bunch.
    fixed it for you, just kidding, I know one guy that I like.:icon_wink:

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SportTechFan View Post
    ....and Byrd QB Richard Cauthern ripped off several 50+ yard runs, one for a TD.

FBS material? If so, do we have a shot at him?

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    FBS material? If so, do we have a shot at him?
    He might sign a baseball scholly. If not, we MUST pick up guys like this from S'port/Bossier!!

Champ bulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of lightbulldogfan1 is a glorious beacon of light bulldogfan1's Avatar

Proud of The Jackets! I was at the game and here is my take:

1) The refs actually favored West Monroe more than Byrd. Several questionable calls went West Monroes way. Non-issue. For the first game of the season, I thought the refs did a pretty good job.
    2) Richard Carthon is the real deal. VERY fast. I dont think he has the size for QB, but definitely has what it takes to be a D1 Return man / Receiver
    3) This did not look like a typical West Monroe team. I credit Byrd for most of that, but as soon as WM jumped out to the early lead, they seemed complacent, did not play with the "killer instinct" most WM teams play with. They looked like they were lacking leadership.

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

As a member of the 2002 graduating class of West Monroe High School, allow me to say:

Congratulations to C.E. Byrd High. Well done.

Nothing that school and this town needs more than a little lesson in humility.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Byrd out-athleted WM. Awesome speed at the skill positons for Byrd.

But, really, Byrd won cuz they had a better deep snapper.

Notice Dirty's colors! Maddawg and I were ashamed to be with him.:icon_wink:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Byrd out-athleted WM. Awesome speed at the skill positons for Byrd.

But, really, Byrd won cuz they had a better deep snapper.

Notice Dirty's colors! Maddawg and I were ashamed to be with him.:icon_wink:

I'm just glad that you didn't change the name on my cap to LSU. As you noticed, that hat is 3 years old and looks like it just came off the rack, and very uncomfortable. The things we do for our kids. But, you are right. It came down to the deep snappers. WM deep snapper had 2 snaps over the punter's head, with one resulting in a safety, the other giving Byrd great field position for a score. Meanwhile, #86 in this picture was right on the money. Not to mention the blocked punt. A top snapper would have gotten the ball to the kicker in plenty of time. Byrd's punter could have taken a nap before kicking the ball he had so much time.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    I'm just glad that you didn't change the name on my cap to LSU. As you noticed, that hat is 3 years old and looks like it just came off the rack, and very uncomfortable. The things we do for our kids. But, you are right. It came down to the deep snappers. WM deep snapper had 2 snaps over the punter's head, with one resulting in a safety, the other giving Byrd great field position for a score. Meanwhile, #86 in this picture was right on the money. Not to mention the blocked punt. A top snapper would have gotten the ball to the kicker in plenty of time. Byrd's punter could have taken a nap before kicking the ball he had so much time.
    I feel your pain brother. We live in Benton and my Son plays although still in middle school. Even though I grew up in Logansport and wore purple and yellow it was still hard for me to put anything on with those colors. I made sure that there was a big BENTON on the front so there was no confusion.

+ Reply to Thread