+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rush

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Rush

Just heard tonight that my wife's cousin dosen't know if she is going to the first home game because that is Rush? (she's a KD)

I thought Rush was suppose to be BEFORE the school year?

The greeks set the tone for the campus. Right now the Greeks have no pride in their school.

Maybe it's time the school gets tough with them? I wonder how many parents would pay the fees for an org kicked off campus?

I mean truely, what kind of civic organization can you be if you don't even support the school? That would be like a marine supporting is division yet saying the 4th of July isn't important enough to celebrate.

Someone, please, tell me my wife's cousin is lying! PLEASE!

Big Dog MTSUPiKapp is just really niceMTSUPiKapp is just really niceMTSUPiKapp is just really niceMTSUPiKapp is just really niceMTSUPiKapp is just really niceMTSUPiKapp is just really niceMTSUPiKapp is just really niceMTSUPiKapp is just really niceMTSUPiKapp is just really nice

Re: Rush

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post
    Just heard tonight that my wife's cousin dosen't know if she is going to the first home game because that is Rush? (she's a KD)

The greeks set the tone for the campus. Right now the Greeks have no pride in their school.

Maybe it's time the school gets tough with them? I wonder how many parents would pay the fees for an org kicked off campus?

I mean truely, what kind of civic organization can you be if you don't even support the school? That would be like a marine supporting is division yet saying the 4th of July isn't important enough to celebrate.

It seems highly unlikely, at MT even when there is a home game during rush, the game is a rush event for every organization.

FWIW-It's not the organization's decision, it's the decision of greek life, so if it's true blame greek life not the individual organizations.

Champ DellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond reputeDellDawg has a reputation beyond repute DellDawg's Avatar

Sam Speed. :-(

Puppy how_bout_them_dawgs is just really nicehow_bout_them_dawgs is just really nicehow_bout_them_dawgs is just really nicehow_bout_them_dawgs is just really nicehow_bout_them_dawgs is just really nicehow_bout_them_dawgs is just really nicehow_bout_them_dawgs is just really nicehow_bout_them_dawgs is just really nicehow_bout_them_dawgs is just really nicehow_bout_them_dawgs is just really nicehow_bout_them_dawgs is just really nice

All of the girls rushing go to the first home football game and all sit together on the east side. You don't need a spotting scope to see them from west side.

Champ BRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to behold

Rush for the women has been the week before school since I was in school, back in the stone age. This is a by-product of being on the quarter system and starting school two weeks after everyone else. It is still better having the first game away than having it at home when no one is there. Lets see what the greek turn-out will be next week for the first home game before we prosecute the system.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

IMO, Rush is a great band. In any other sense of the word, rush is pointless. Get your priorities straight greeks.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    IMO, Rush is a great band. In any other sense of the word, rush is pointless. Get your priorities straight greeks.
    I said I would never do this again, but I'm too mentally fatiqued to employ any self control. First off, the Greeks attitude toward the school ARE BECAUSE of the school. They're already treated like they're unwanted. When I was at Tech, we showed up en masse to the games. Heck, we filled up our STAC section when the Dunkin Dawgs and Lady Techsters played. Of course, we were treated more respectfully by the school. Also, you can't blame the Greeks for following the schools example. What do I mean you ask? Well, my sister is coming in for the Oct. 1 game. She's bringing her oldest who is a senior because she and his father would like for him to come to Tech. She called the school and they said that is the best weekend to come because they are having an "orientation" type deal that Saturday. Want to know what time it is? Noon until 5. The game starts at 6. What do you expect from the schools organizations when the school itself doesn't give a rat's ass about the sports. There is no way there should be any school function that ends only and hour before a game starts. The "orientation" or whatever it is should start about 9 and end not later than 2. I guarantee you that the greek system isn't rushing during the game. The point was that the girl probably felt she would be too tired from rush to go to the game.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by how_bout_them_dawgs View Post
    All of the girls rushing go to the first home football game and all sit together on the east side. You don't need a spotting scope to see them from west side.
    .. grreeat... We'll have 200 girls in YELLOW shirts to a Football game.

Varsity Bulldog EngDawg is on top of his/her gameEngDawg is on top of his/her gameEngDawg is on top of his/her gameEngDawg is on top of his/her gameEngDawg is on top of his/her gameEngDawg is on top of his/her gameEngDawg is on top of his/her gameEngDawg is on top of his/her gameEngDawg is on top of his/her gameEngDawg is on top of his/her gameEngDawg is on top of his/her game EngDawg's Avatar

1. Girls rush is the same week every year.
    2. When I was in school, hardly anyone tailgated before the game EXCEPT the greeks.
    3. Yes, the greeks do normally leave by half-time, but what do you expect when historically we are losing by half-time.
    4. Mens Rush dates are set the school year before and I believe the school has final say on the dates.
    5. Does it really need to be said again....Win and people will come to the games.....I believe the dog is dead....

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    .. grreeat... We'll have 200 girls in YELLOW shirts to a Football game.

Better than them not being there. (although, I agree to an extent) Maybe next year that can be a board project. Get the girls blue tech tshirts to wear to the opening game during rush. The caveat-they have to participate in a wet tshirt contest at half.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by EngDawg View Post
    1. Girls rush is the same week every year.
    2. When I was in school, hardly anyone tailgated before the game EXCEPT the greeks.
    3. Yes, the greeks do normally leave by half-time, but what do you expect when historically we are losing by half-time.
    4. Mens Rush dates are set the school year before and I believe the school has final say on the dates.
    5. Does it really need to be said again....Win and people will come to the games.....I believe the dog is dead....
    This statement is BS

Big Dog Easydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the roughEasydawg is a jewel in the rough Easydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Kerry von Erick entered the squared circle to Rush

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    This statement is BS
    I'll have to agree with Clyde. However, even if we are losing at hafltime, it's no excuse to leave.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    . She called the school and they said that is the best weekend to come because they are having an "orientation" type deal that Saturday. Want to know what time it is? Noon until 5. The game starts at 6. .

This is really a non-issue. They will be able to go tailgate in plenty of time or they can choose to do something on-campus organized by the orientation team.

It's not stay here or else. Two incoming freshman and their dads went to this last year and tailgated all afternoon with us.

Time Out For Tech is a great program.

Varsity Bulldog EngDawg is on top of his/her gameEngDawg is on top of his/her gameEngDawg is on top of his/her gameEngDawg is on top of his/her gameEngDawg is on top of his/her gameEngDawg is on top of his/her gameEngDawg is on top of his/her gameEngDawg is on top of his/her gameEngDawg is on top of his/her gameEngDawg is on top of his/her gameEngDawg is on top of his/her game EngDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    This statement is BS
    Okay, now your going to make me sound like I'm not a season ticket holder and LTAC member, but if you look at our record over the last decade, I think it proves that we generally lose more than we win.

+ Reply to Thread