+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Punter

Champ Bill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant future

Punter

How about our punter? I haven't seen punting like that in a long time. He's a stud. Too bad stupid penalties brought back that one we downed near the goal line.

Btw- can anyone explain how USM's last punt was not a touchback?

Champ BoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud of BoutThemDawgs's Avatar

Re: Punter

The usm guy had control of it, landed with both feet, and then finally tossed it like a moron. Best call by the refs last night imo.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

He did a great job!
    Last edited by TYLERTECHSAS; 09-04-2011 at 04:30 PM.

Champ Wade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond repute Wade_Antley's Avatar

He didn't look like he had control of it. It looked like he just swatted it backwards.

Champ BoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud of BoutThemDawgs's Avatar

Meh with the video quality of the broadcast it was hard to tell anything, but I'm fairly good at seeing through bad quality since i filmed games for a HS for 4 years. Let me tell ya, at the time the camera was absolute crap. Of course now they have better stuff, thanks to generous donations from a former alumni and the NFL.

Varsity Bulldog bdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nicebdawg34 is just really nice

It helps out so much having a good punter. Our improved defense combined with our improved punting/special teams play should help take pressure off NI. Looking foward to the rest of the season.

Big Dog Slackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by BoutThemDawgs View Post
    The usm guy had control of it, landed with both feet, and then finally tossed it like a moron. Best call by the refs last night imo.
    I totally disagree. I had an excellent view of it, from the endzone. BAD CALL, from what I witnessed.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slackdog View Post
    I totally disagree. I had an excellent view of it, from the endzone. BAD CALL, from what I witnessed.
    Since we only got to see it the one time...

FSN was the worst production I've ever watched. Horrible announcers, camera work, replay quality...

Refs were typical WAC idiots who want to be seen. Notice how all the bad calls against us happened in the second half?

-Illegal motion on the punt gave them a net 55 yard gain. Those guys won't make that call again all year.

-Pass interference call was the worst I've seen since the '08 Nevada game.

-Then the non-call on the touchback with ZERO review.

Big Dog Slackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Since we only got to see it the one time...

FSN was the worst production I've ever watched. Horrible announcers, camera work, replay quality...

Refs were typical WAC idiots who want to be seen. Notice how all the bad calls against us happened in the second half?

-Illegal motion on the punt gave them a net 55 yard gain. Those guys won't make that call again all year.

-Pass interference call was the worst I've seen since the '08 Nevada game.

-Then the non-call on the touchback with ZERO review.
    Maddawg, I totally agree. The PI call was right in front of me. I was in shock. I looked around at the Southern Miss fans around me with a WTH look. I think they were as surprised as me when they called it on us. Unbelievable.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

A non-call (for offensive pi) would be poor officiating. But, to make a call against the defender on that play was dumfounding!!

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post
    How about our punter? I haven't seen punting like that in a long time. He's a stud. Too bad stupid penalties brought back that one we downed near the goal line.
    I saw Ryan Allen punt like that just last year.

Bulldog xphantomx is just really nicexphantomx is just really nicexphantomx is just really nicexphantomx is just really nicexphantomx is just really nicexphantomx is just really nicexphantomx is just really nicexphantomx is just really nicexphantomx is just really nice

He firmly planted his feet on the two yard line not the one with ball in hand. He then fell forward but wasn't sure they had given him credit so he threw the ball backwards before touching the ground. If the ball crosses the plane in possession of a defender he may throw it back into play as long as he hasn't made contact with the turf. I was sitting on the goal line when that play happened. I could very easily see how from the camera angles it was close but if you were right there on the play there's no way in the world that's a touchback.

Champ Goose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to behold Goose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xphantomx View Post
    He firmly planted his feet on the two yard line not the one with ball in hand. He then fell forward but wasn't sure they had given him credit so he threw the ball backwards before touching the ground. If the ball crosses the plane in possession of a defender he may throw it back into play as long as he hasn't made contact with the turf. I was sitting on the goal line when that play happened. I could very easily see how from the camera angles it was close but if you were right there on the play there's no way in the world that's a touchback.
    Exactly. It wasn't a touchback and if you could have seen the replay it was easy to tell that it wasn't. That's one call they actually got right.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by xphantomx View Post
    actually that is incorrect. In college if the ball breaks the plane of the goal line it is a touch back. In the NFL you can jump into the endzone and throw it back onto the field as long as the ball nor the defender touch the ground in the endzone. The call was that the ball was dead on the 1 yard line when the defender caught it. If they ruled that he did not have control of the ball it would have been a touchback after it bounced back.

Bulldog xphantomx is just really nicexphantomx is just really nicexphantomx is just really nicexphantomx is just really nicexphantomx is just really nicexphantomx is just really nicexphantomx is just really nicexphantomx is just really nicexphantomx is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    actually that is incorrect. In college if the ball breaks the plane of the goal line it is a touch back. In the NFL you can jump into the endzone and throw it back onto the field as long as the ball nor the defender touch the ground in the endzone. The call was that the ball was dead on the 1 yard line when the defender caught it. If they ruled that he did not have control of the ball it would have been a touchback after it bounced back.
    They called the ball dead on the two not the one. My apologies you are correct. College is the only one that has that rule regarding punts...dumb. The NFL and MS JUCOS and High Schools allow you to throw the ball back in.

+ Reply to Thread