+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Punter

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Re: Punter

Quote Originally Posted by BoutThemDawgs View Post
    The usm guy had control of it, landed with both feet, and then finally tossed it like a moron. Best call by the refs last night imo.
    Disagree completely. You have to control and settle the ball. The defender was never settled, he was falling into the end zone, which would have made it a touchback. He tossed the ball back into play to try to keep it out of the end zone, and it rolled in. Should have been a touchback.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    FSN was the worst production I've ever watched. Horrible announcers, camera work, replay quality...

Refs were typical WAC idiots who want to be seen. Notice how all the bad calls against us happened in the second half?

-Illegal motion on the punt gave them a net 55 yard gain. Those guys won't make that call again all year.

-Pass interference call was the worst I've seen since the '08 Nevada game.

-Then the non-call on the touchback with ZERO review.
    i thought the announcers were decent and fairly unbiased, but apparently someone told them southern miss were the defending sugar bowl champs or something.

all night they talked about how southern miss was supposedly bigger and stronger than Tech, but they didn't back it up with any numbers. i don't know how anyone watching the game could have thought that either team was outmatched physically by the other.

also, every good play for Tech they described as a bad play for southern miss. even the the kickoff return was due to a southern miss special teams error, according to the announcers! their logic, as far as i could discern: short kickoff results in 7 points for the receiving team.

the refs were just plain bad. there were questionable calls and no-calls going both ways. i have seen stupid illegal formation calls before, and don't get me started about the late-hit-out-of-bounds stuff, but that one pass interference call was not a questionable call. it was unquestionably, objectively wrong.

that non-touchback was a pretty bad call, too, in my opinion. if the guy had been receiving a pass, they would have called it incomplete, not a catch and fumble.

but back on the subject of this thread, i was pretty happy with the punter's performance last night. i can live with a shank every once in a while if most of the rest of his punts are in the 50-70 yard range.

Bulldog xphantomx is just really nicexphantomx is just really nicexphantomx is just really nicexphantomx is just really nicexphantomx is just really nicexphantomx is just really nicexphantomx is just really nicexphantomx is just really nicexphantomx is just really nice

I think your guy was a beast on that kickoff but was disappointed the hole he used to explode was the one that would normally be plugged by the guy that had to hold the football for the kicker. Not saying he wouldn't still have taken it to the house just saying I don't think there's that big of a hole there.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xphantomx View Post
    I think your guy was a beast on that kickoff but was disappointed the hole he used to explode was the one that would normally be plugged by the guy that had to hold the football for the kicker. Not saying he wouldn't still have taken it to the house just saying I don't think there's that big of a hole there.

thanks, man. that cheered me up a little.

Bulldog xphantomx is just really nicexphantomx is just really nicexphantomx is just really nicexphantomx is just really nicexphantomx is just really nicexphantomx is just really nicexphantomx is just really nicexphantomx is just really nicexphantomx is just really nice

I would think after all these years someone would come up with a kicking tee that combats wind. We have a blanket with sleeves why not a tee that doesn't require using someone to hold the ball in the wind.

I would think after all these years someone would come up with a kicking tee that combats wind. We have a blanket with sleeves why not a tee that doesn't require using someone to hold the ball in the wind.
    you don't have to make excuses. you won. contgrats. you didn't blow us out because you aren't as good as you seemed to think before the game. period.

I'm not making excuses. I thought the game would not be as close as it was that's correct but there's no need for me to make excuses. Plenty enough excuses have been thrown out on this board the past 24 hrs.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not making excuses. I thought the game would not be as close as it was that's correct but there's no need for me to make excuses. Plenty enough excuses have been thrown out on this board the past 24 hrs.
    For the record, the game played out exactly as I thought it would--Southern Miss win in a close game. I knew we'd have a chance b/c the teams are very close in terms of athleticism and coaching. Southern MIss won the game and deservedly so. Best of luck the rest of the season!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Plenty enough excuses have been thrown out on this board the past 24 hrs.
    I don't think the excuses started until about 12:30 this morning. A Tech board is were you would normally expect to find excuses from Tech fans isnt' it?

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

They called the ball dead on the two not the one. My apologies you are correct. College is the only one that has that rule regarding punts...dumb. The NFL and MS JUCOS and High Schools allow you to throw the ball back in.
    I keep saying 1, I guess it just felt like the 1 yard line.

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    I keep saying 1, I guess it just felt like the 1 yard line.
    Understandable one official marked it on the one and then the officially actually near where the play occurred moved it to the two.

+ Reply to Thread