+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly from Southern Miss

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Re: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly from Southern Miss

Quote Originally Posted by dfwdog View Post
    My dream when I finally become a head football coach is to have Tony Franklin run my offense.
    If it were up to you, Burch would just skip Tech, skip the NFL and be named the next President of the United States of America.

Varsity Bulldog dfwdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedfwdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedfwdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedfwdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedfwdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedfwdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedfwdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedfwdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedfwdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedfwdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedfwdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    If it were up to you, Burch would just skip Tech, skip the NFL and be named the next President of the United States of America.
    Only if Tony Franklin wants him to be President, but I think that Tony Franklin would choose Barack Obama.
    Last edited by dfwdog; 09-04-2011 at 11:58 PM. Reason: spelling

Varsity Bulldog dodd is a jewel in the roughdodd is a jewel in the roughdodd is a jewel in the roughdodd is a jewel in the roughdodd is a jewel in the roughdodd is a jewel in the roughdodd is a jewel in the roughdodd is a jewel in the roughdodd is a jewel in the roughdodd is a jewel in the roughdodd is a jewel in the rough

*searches for that ignore button* Aha! There it is.

Varsity Bulldog Bayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to all Bayou Dawg's Avatar

Good post Rockdog. Southern Miss fans showed a lot of class and hospitality to my family everywhere we went. Just wish we could have had the tailgating experience with them.

The only beef I had was with a group of Tech fans sitting directly behind me, my wife and 2 small kids. They dropped so many S-bombs and MF's that at one point I just had to turn around and say, c'mon guys, I've got 2 kids right here in front of ya'll. And yeah, I know who ya'll are...

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bayou Dawg View Post
    Good post Rockdog. Southern Miss fans showed a lot of class and hospitality to my family everywhere we went. Just wish we could have had the tailgating experience with them.

The only beef I had was with a group of Tech fans sitting directly behind me, my wife and 2 small kids. They dropped so many S-bombs and MF's that at one point I just had to turn around and say, c'mon guys, I've got 2 kids right here in front of ya'll. And yeah, I know who ya'll are...

I already have my speech ready for the people that sit behind us at The Joe. My 2 year old doesn't need to hear that stuff. He is repeating everything lately.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dodd View Post
    *searches for that ignore button* Aha! There it is.
    It's a good thing. Used it this very morning.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    I know at least one time he said it. "I wanna talk to the white hat! I wanna talk to the f****** white hat!"

That was was easy to see in HD.
    And the line judge told him to call a timeout to talk to the white hat.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ANODESSEY View Post
    Go get them Sonny, They need to be F***** sometime, power hungry A8*888***. A ref should have more composure than that, you don't flag someone because they piss you off.
    Bullshit. It's not about composure. There's a fine line that you don't cross, and Dykes doesn't seem to recognize that. If you "MF" a ref, you're going to get an unsportsmanlike penalty. Why? Because it's unsportsmanlike.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    Bullshit. It's not about composure. There's a fine line that you don't cross, and Dykes doesn't seem to recognize that. If you "MF" a ref, you're going to get an unsportsmanlike penalty. Why? Because it's unsportsmanlike.
    I agree. If I am the ref and I get MF'd the flag is coming out every time.

Bulldog VolDawg has turned a few heads around hereVolDawg has turned a few heads around hereVolDawg has turned a few heads around hereVolDawg has turned a few heads around hereVolDawg has turned a few heads around here

Dooley got one in the '07 LSU game. We were down 20-7 late in the first half and would have had the ball inside the LSU 20 on a long punt return from Livas. It got called back on a block in the back, and Dooley got 15 more for some choice words to the side judge. I don't believe he MF'd him, but I believe it was another word that ends in the same letters.

Champ kdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post

And mysteriously we get a HORRIBLE call on Evans after Dykes MFed the ref that ended up costing us the game.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

There were some VERY BAD calls by the officials in that game. I was there, but I also taped the game. When I got home, I watched the game to see what the announcers said about those calls. The announcers also agreed they were bad calls...not right out saying they were bad calls on national TV...but said they didn't understand how those calls were made! I think those refs all need their eyes checked!!

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

The Southern Miss fans were all very courteous and nice to us. We were sitting in the USM student union building. Many USM people came up, shook our hands, asked what part of Louisiana we were from, and thanked us for coming. They even apologized for all the rain. They are awsome fans. They said they hoped we would come back the next time TECH played at USM and could tailgate with them. VERY CLASS PEOPLE!!!!

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Sonny needs to watch his mouth and act like he's been there. That behavior only hurts the team.

Champ george is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of light

the vast majority of coaches curse. they always have and they always will. they curse using the words as adjectives; the curse at players and refs. so dykes cursing is fine with me. but NOT when it gets you 15 yards. he has been in this business too long to not know where the "line" is he need not cross. if you draw a penalty at certain times to get your team fired up or to make a point, it might be defenseable. but not in this case. these were valuable yards we gave up at a crucial time.

+ Reply to Thread