+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Execution

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Re: Execution

Quote Originally Posted by mildawg View Post
    I'd agree about execution in some cases, but playcalling is part of the problem in some cases, too. When you only run one play from a particular formation, then it won't matter how you execute when you're playing against a good defense -- and in the case of the pistol, we only have two plays: run right or run left. I completely agree with the sentiment that the playbook was limited due to the weather conditions and our 17-year-old freshman QB; however, one would be deluding him/herself to think that adding a bootleg, screen, or misdirection run would not have been effective AND fairly easy to execute.

Uggh. I was screaming for a bootleg Saturday night. Young QB, SHORT QB, Mobile QB, Pressure coming??? Roll his ass out!!! And yes I agree that play is not difficult to implement.

Varsity Bulldog aggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud of aggiedawg's Avatar

Execution? I'm willing to allow for a few more games before I kill somebody!

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

seems to me that we have been a highly penalized team since the Crowton years. I don't know what the deal is. They only coach that has been here to whole time is Perot. We might need to ask him where the breakdown is.

Big Dog NavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to allNavyBulldog1 is a name known to all

Is it just me or is it every time someone throws the long ball on us, I hold my breath that it is not a pass interference, before the thought of a caught pass enters my brain...

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

I got red-dotted to death when I first joined BBB for saying that Perot needed to go, and he still needs to go. I was right then and still right and it baffles me how he has survived two coaching changes. Afterall, where are we thinnest in depth and what unit performed most poorly last week? The beat goes on. SD are you listening?

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    I got red-dotted to death when I first joined BBB for saying that Perot needed to go, and he still needs to go. I was right then and still right and it baffles me how he has survived two coaching changes. Afterall, where are we thinnest in depth and what unit performed most poorly last week? The beat goes on. SD are you listening?

It wasn't the OL

Champ LookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond reputeLookingForResults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    It wasn't the OL
    Here we go....!!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Right side of the Oline was really bad in the first half.

Play calling and dropped passes are what got us in the second half.

Champ Built4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond reputeBuilt4Speed has a reputation beyond repute Built4Speed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    It wasn't the OL
    Valid argument stands for the WRs, imo. Both of them got a D- from me. Only difference to me is that we had a really good idea the OL would be manhandled by USM, and we needed the WRs to do their job to help the team out. I don't know which pisses me off more.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

In all fairness, we did score a short yardage touchdown out of that alignment when we handed the ball to the right guy! I remember getting stuffed with a qb under center in the Dooley days. I'd like some objective info regarding our short yardage success rate out of the shotgun b/c i've been told that it is just as effective as having the qb under center.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I'd like some objective info regarding our short yardage success rate out of the shotgun b/c i've been told that it is just as effective as having the qb under center.
    We looked at it last year. Dykes defense of the system was justified. Expert fans who think a 32 pop will get you two yards every time will always complain.

Champ george is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge is a glorious beacon of light

when john mcckay was coaching the expansion tampa buccaneers to and 0 and 20 something start (before beating the saints of course) he was once asked about his teams execution. his answer was "i'm in favor of it".

+ Reply to Thread