+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Game tonight - Saints - Packers

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Re: Game tonight - Saints - Packers

I love Peyton as much as the next guy but I hated that last playcall last night. A play action and hit the TE is almost an automatic TD right there. Oh well. At least we know the Saints offense is still rocking. Focus on improving the Defense and the Saints will be ok.

Big Dog kdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    I love Peyton as much as the next guy but I hated that last playcall last night. A play action and hit the TE is almost an automatic TD right there. Oh well. At least we know the Saints offense is still rocking. Focus on improving the Defense and the Saints will be ok.
    They tried that on 4th and 1 earlier in the game and it was blown up. Besides, isn't that why the Saints drafted Ingram? For those situations?

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kdk008 View Post
    They tried that on 4th and 1 earlier in the game and it was blown up. Besides, isn't that why the Saints drafted Ingram? For those situations?
    Yep, doesnt matter when the O-line gets their ass kicked, though. Those guys need to nut up.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

I felt like the Packers had the Saints number in short yardage situations. In the last play they sold all out and guessed right and the other 4th and 1, they guessed right by dropping 5 people into coverage. It helped Green Bay that their D-line was immovable.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kdk008 View Post
    I know I just don't think they would have guessed correctly twice.

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    I felt like the Packers had the Saints number in short yardage situations. In the last play they sold all out and guessed right and the other 4th and 1, they guessed right by dropping 5 people into coverage. It helped Green Bay that their D-line was immovable.
    Yeah but that's what I am saying. What are the odds they drop back again. Don't know, it's easy to play armchair QB, but it seemed like a little creativity might have been called for in that situation against a very good goal line defense.

But in the end it has to be pinned on the defense. The offense was fine, regardless of the last play.

Yeah but that's what I am saying. What are the odds they drop back again. Don't know, it's easy to play armchair QB, but it seemed like a little creativity might have been called for in that situation against a very good goal line defense.

But in the end it has to be pinned on the defense. The offense was fine, regardless of the last play.
    I agree, it looked the Packer's D was totally packed in. A QB boot with a TE or two rolling with him would have probably worked. I do like trying to just run the ball up the middle on 4 and a half yard or less. With a full yard, I like the pass more. People act like that it isnt that big of a difference, but in the NFL, a half yard is huge when you got big boys like BJ Raji in the middle.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

If Payton would have done a PA rollout, everyone would be saying "WHY DIDN'T HE RUN INGRAM?!" It's a 50/50 shot.

Champ playdablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of light playdablues's Avatar

Didn't like the final play call. On the goal line, with the game on the line, I put the ball in my best player's hands (Brees) and let the chips fall where they may. But if you insist on running, don't bunch everyone in tight and then go up the belly.

Oh well. Game was lost on defense, anyway.

Big Dog kdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of lightkdk008 is a glorious beacon of light

I know I just don't think they would have guessed correctly twice.
    Payton made it easy for them to guess by not having Ingram out there on 4th and short and then putting him out there at the end. Seemed like everyone in the stadium knew they weren't running with Thomas, and were with Ingram.

Again, easy arm chairing here, but if Ingram would have at least been on the field the first time, probably would have made it a tougher guess. But I took the Pack -4.5 so it was a good guess for me. And Jennings is on my fantasy team.

Yeah my son is doing his first fantasy team this year and he picked Sproles so he was pretty excited last night. (until I made him go to bed!!)

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Injury update on Tramon Williams:

"Tramon Williams has shoulder bruise and there will be more info Wednesday. Mccarthy said the Outlook was more positive than first thought."

http://www.totalpackers.com/2011/09/...lliams-injury/

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Saints are now tied for first in the division.

Every team lost opening weekend!

Bears over Falcons
    Lions over Bucs
    Cards over Panthers

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Saints are now tied for first in the division.

Every team lost opening weekend!

Bears over Falcons
    Lions over Bucs
    Cards over Panthers
    Yep, the schedule isnt as cupcake as it was last year. Plus, some of those teams are better because of additions.

+ Reply to Thread