+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Concessions

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Re: Concessions

Quote Originally Posted by rbhtech View Post
    I am a former employee of CCE Monroe. Lost my job as maintenance manager when the plant shut down one year ago this week. There are a number of high schools who left coke for pepsi in the last few years only to figure out that 1) They make a huge offer over coke but never keep their end of the deal 2) Most all folks around here do not like pepsi and in the end sales go way down. Coke and pepsi went at it hard over the contract but pepsi won and the offer was not that much more. I sure hope this deal is ended before 10 years as I will not drink pepsi... Pepsi and crown????? does not mix!
    Actually, that is not how it was told by everyone that has told the story from TECH. Coke didn't give a competitive bid at all until Pepsi kicked there butt and it was all over. They came back to the table too late in the game and legally TECH couldn't do anything about it. Now, maybe that version isn't the truth, but that is what is being said. According to the version I heard, the contract saves TECH $350k over 10 years. Now, I disagree with that math because I believe the consumption of Pepsi will be WAY different than that of Coke products.

Champ Bill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by rbhtech View Post
    I am a former employee of CCE Monroe. Lost my job as maintenance manager when the plant shut down one year ago this week. There are a number of high schools who left coke for pepsi in the last few years only to figure out that 1) They make a huge offer over coke but never keep their end of the deal 2) Most all folks around here do not like pepsi and in the end sales go way down. Coke and pepsi went at it hard over the contract but pepsi won and the offer was not that much more. I sure hope this deal is ended before 10 years as I will not drink pepsi... Pepsi and crown????? does not mix!
    Sorry to hear about your job. A coca cola bottling franchise used to be the holy grail of franchises. But coca cola realized the could save slot of money in the long run by creating CCE and buying out all the family owned franchise bottling plants. Then they regionalized the bottling and turned the local plants into distribution warehouses. It's pretty sad if you ask me.

Big Dog rbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her game rbhtech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post
    Sorry to hear about your job. A coca cola bottling franchise used to be the holy grail of franchises. But coca cola realized the could save slot of money in the long run by creating CCE and buying out all the family owned franchise bottling plants. Then they regionalized the bottling and turned the local plants into distribution warehouses. It's pretty sad if you ask me.
    Yea they are going to the Bud model... Huge plants and many distribution centers. I was offered the same job in Dallas. I decided to stay in North LA where I belong... There are several family's holding out but not many and now all they have to do is raise the price of syrup and squeeze them out. I found a real good job fast and I'm still a Coke fan for life.

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

Please add the diet version of Mountain Dew.

Champ LABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant future

I had heard that we would have Dr. Pepper along side the Pepsi. Did I hear wrong?
    There was no Dr. Pepper available on the East Side. All I saw was Pepsi and Sierra Mist.

Champ Allgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud ofAllgood has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    Actually, that is not how it was told by everyone that has told the story from TECH. Coke didn't give a competitive bid at all until Pepsi kicked there butt and it was all over. They came back to the table too late in the game and legally TECH couldn't do anything about it. Now, maybe that version isn't the truth, but that is what is being said. According to the version I heard, the contract saves TECH $350k over 10 years. Now, I disagree with that math because I believe the consumption of Pepsi will be WAY different than that of Coke products.
    Heard the same thing.

Varsity Bulldog sportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the rough sportsguylatech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChipDog View Post
    Please add the diet version of Mountain Dew.
    Or a diet version of anything.. went to get a diet pepsi BEFORE the game.. and they were out

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

I only get one bottle of water and then refill it. If they read this they will probably turn off the water fountains.

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    I only get one bottle of water and then refill it. If they read this they will probably turn off the water fountains.
    They can't read.....or make correct change

I will be bringing my own Coke to go with my own adult beverage and will reload at half time.

I will need ALOT to make it through the next game I assume!!!!!!!

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

How in the world do we manage to screw up such a simple thing? We are gathering about 20,000 in one place for three hours and we can't find someone, or a group of people, that are willing to sell decent food for a profit? Our profit should be the least of our concern on concessions. Plate up a lot of dog crap and cow piss and a the casual fan looking for a fun night out will just stay home and watch a game on TV.

This ALONE makes me want to fire the AD.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

I'm not one who typically complains about anything about the game experience other than the football -- you won't hear me talk about the band, the cheerleaders, the Regal Blues, etc. -- because I'm there for the game. However, the concession experience was so bad that it should be addressed. I went before halftime to the southwest concession. Not only was the wait incredibly long, but I also got the last two hot dogs that they had. How do you run out of hot dogs before halftime? That's pathetic. There were no souvenir cups, either. It's the home opener! You have to be prepared with lots of everything and make sure you don't run out of anything! Unacceptable.

As far as Pepsi goes, I'm not as big a Pepsi product fan as I am a Coke product guy. But it's not changing.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Varsity Bulldog Bayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to all Bayou Dawg's Avatar

I spent 10 minutes of the 2nd qtr standing in a freaking concession stand line. Not 10 minutes real time, but game time, almost 40 minutes waiting on 3 drinks. Then when I get the bottled products, they are freaking warm!!

Concession stands are a complete FAIL every year at Tech games. The guy even gave me wrong change, gave me an extra $10 back-should've kept it!

If Tech is to make money on concessions, they are very very very inefficient at it.

FAIL!!!

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Why don't we have vendors walking around, selling cold drinks, popcorn, etc and let fans stay in the stands?

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

Why do we have volunteer groups running concessions? It's the same complaints- just a different year.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post
    Why don't we have vendors walking around, selling cold drinks, popcorn, etc and let fans stay in the stands?
    Because we are as lazy at this as we are everything else. The fans carry the load at Tech.

+ Reply to Thread