+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Concessions

Varsity Bulldog sportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the rough sportsguylatech's Avatar

Re: Concessions

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post
    Why don't we have vendors walking around, selling cold drinks, popcorn, etc and let fans stay in the stands?
    cause that'd be to easy

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgmatic View Post
    Because we are as lazy at this as we are everything else. The fans carry the load at Tech.
    I will volunteer to be the beer vendor for the first qtr.

Varsity Bulldog trenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of light

But we have plenty of ushers in OO to make sure you have tickets to sit there. That's probably a rant that needs it's own thread.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

To all those who, before the past 2 seasons, worked so hard to improve our game day experience, I would like to issue a sincere apology on behalf of our admin. I don't know where the wheels fell off, but they clearly have. We have a video board, tv's at the concession stands, a Q4E campaign that is a great idea, more fans in the stands, and more alumni and season ticket support than we have had in decades. Somehow, with all of those new built in advantages, our administration has allowed our program to return to, or remain, a mickey mouse operation in all phases from tailgating til the clock hits 00:00. To those who are new to the Tech family and this board, please hang in there. That is all we can ask. Maybe one day we will realize that you have to take this stuff seriously and pay the right people to run all of this for you. Outsourcing and allowing volunteers to run everything will never be the answer. No one else will ever care about all of these things as much as we do. I guarantee, if a position to coordinate all of that stuff was announced at Tech, someone would gladly take the job and do it right and proudly. Rant over.

Champ baddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to behold baddawg's Avatar

Went down in the 3rd to get a coke to find out that we only sell Pepsi now. Who the F**k drinks pepsi anyway. I ordered a water because i hate Pepsi. Ordered a pizza, all they had left were cheese pizzas, which were cold and tasted like card board.

I went down a little later to get a burger because I couldn't finish the pizza and the burger was $6.00 I believe. It was a soy pattie with two dry pieces of bread. No mustard, no ketchup, no mayonnaise, no lettuce, no tomatoes, no onions, no pickles, and no cheese. WTF!!!!???? Had to hunt down ketchup and mustard packs to be able to choke down the crap burger i had just paid for.

Whoever is in charge of the concessions at the stadium should be fired immediately. I know nothing about running a resteraunt, cafeteria, or stadium concession stand. But I know whoever was in charge of it doesn't know anything about it either. I'ts embarrasing that we can't do any better than that. I will not spend another dime on any of that crap again.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Because we are as lazy at this as we are everything else. The fans carry the load at Tech.
    And, THAT....as Paul Harvey would say, "is the rest of the story". :bigcry:

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post
    A coca cola bottling franchise used to be the holy grail of franchises. But coca cola realized the could save slot of money in the long run by creating CCE and buying out all the family owned franchise bottling plants.
    Does anyone remember that we actually had a coca cola bottling plant in Ruston? Used to make a fun field trip for the kids. Not sure if they just retired or were part of the buying out you speak of.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

What is even worse is that these concession crews couldn't keep up with 20,000 fans. Think how bad it will look if we have more than that show up for Houston, Fresno, or Hawaii. Houston will definitely vote against us as a potential conference member if we run our stuff like it's jr high.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CutiePie72 View Post
    Does anyone remember that we actually had a coca cola bottling plant in Ruston? Used to make a fun field trip for the kids. Not sure if they just retired or were part of the buying out you speak of.
    Yep, it was owned by the Shadow family back in the late 60's. They were very nice people.

Big Dog justincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the roughjustincad is a jewel in the rough

If you're going to serve bottled drinks, might as well just have vending machines. It would have saved me about 20 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by justincad View Post
    If you're going to serve bottled drinks, might as well just have vending machines. It would have saved me about 20 minutes

this, and when you run out, you run out. you could at least avoid serving hot soft drinks. that would have been an improvement.

Champ Bill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by CutiePie72 View Post
    Interesting story there - the old guy that owned it met with all the employees and said I'll never sell the company right before he signed the papers to sell out to the bottler in Monroe.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Suck. Worse than ever. Pepsi is Not an improvement.
    Totally agree. For the life of me I can't understand why we make the simple things look so hard. We lost a ton of concession sales last night because many people simply "gave up" after standing in line so long. It was truly silly.

Oh.......and I didn't like seeing some of our concession servers wearing "Grambling" T-shirts to a LA Tech game. If those folks can't find another shirt to wear to a Tech game, then they should stay home.

HD

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88 View Post
    Ran out of ice and cups on the east side.
    Yep. That makes about 10 years in a row.

HD

So, in reality, how do we effectively and constructively achieve improvement in this area?? That is the real issue, other than griping, what can we do??????

+ Reply to Thread