+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Isham!!

Champ dchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to all dchi72's Avatar

Re: Isham!!

I was sitting in the midst of UCA. After we tied the score at 42. I started hollering - "Gotta love that 17 year old QB!"

That really hacked off a couple of them!

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DawgUSN View Post
    Anybody else notice on the Creer fumble the only guy chasing the returner was Isham. He chased him to the endzone. He does not quit and is a leader with nerves of steel.
    Yes. I thought this was impressive. Evidently so does the rest of the offense.

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

I'm not up on the science of recruiting, so please someone break it down. If Isham continues (and I know he will) to impress and improve and ends this season with great stats, and everyone knowing he has 3 more seasons of great passing, will that alone bring in top receivers in time for his junior and senior year? And by "top receivers" I mean the best.

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

Too bad NI doesn't have a coaching staff. This kid is going to be a special player. Just too bad the rest of the team won't improve.

Champ dchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to alldchi72 is a name known to all dchi72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChipDog View Post
    I'm not up on the science of recruiting, so please someone break it down. If Isham continues (and I know he will) to impress and improve and ends this season with great stats, and everyone knowing he has 3 more seasons of great passing, will that alone bring in top receivers in time for his junior and senior year? And by "top receivers" I mean the best.

It will not hurt. If you are chasing a top reciever and you can show him the potential for HUGE stats it can make a difference.

Champ deadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to beholddeadawg is a splendid one to behold deadawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dchi72 View Post
    I was sitting in the midst of UCA. After we tied the score at 42. I started hollering - "Gotta love that 17 year old QB!"

That really hacked off a couple of them!
    You told them!!!!

Champ LABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant future

I like Isham like the rest of you, but did anyone notice that on both the bombs that he threw the receiver had to wait on the ball both times? And what's up with the ball being thrown to where no receivers are? Is that a receiver mistake or a quarterback mistake? Just asking...

People all around me last night were commenting on this and then I started noticing it too. Any explanation would be appreciated.

GATA Goddess and Ultimate Fan Winner 2011 Dawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond reputeDawgmatic has a reputation beyond repute Dawgmatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LABulldog View Post
    I like Isham like the rest of you, but did anyone notice that on both the bombs that he threw the receiver had to wait on the ball both times? And what's up with the ball being thrown to where no receivers are? Is that a receiver mistake or a quarterback mistake? Just asking...

People all around me last night were commenting on this and then I started noticing it too. Any explanation would be appreciated.
    17. Freshman. Learning.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LookingForResults View Post
    I agree Isham's stats are meaningless, but to drive a dispirited, disorganized team 80 yards for a score in the final two minutes when the game is on the line IS significant. It's what he did throughout his high school career and it is what makes him special - and he is special. Unfortunately, with this staff those heroics will be needed more often than even he can provide.
    +1

Nick grew up a whole lot last night. When we took over with 2:08 left in the game, down by 7, I said to my brother-in-law, "Now you're expecting your 17-year-old QB to drive 80 yards in order to tie the game? Excuse me if I don't have much faith." Nick sure did shut me up with his play last night. I'm very excited with what I saw with Isham-to-Patton. That said, I still think we're going to be frustrated all season long by some of his play, and the continued 3-and-outs where we can't move the ball and flip field position are really going to hurt us.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    And the last pass he threw in regulation was telling for me. He knew he was going to get drilled and still stepped into it and threw a perfect out pass for a first down at the 7.

The kid is special... and he has a pair on him.

He ain't the problem.
    That was a BIG-TIME throw. I've seen SEVERAL big-time throws over the past two weeks that I haven't seen since Kubik was here. I know we've found a QB, even if we have to deal with some frustrations as he grows up in front of us. I agree, Nick ain't one of the many, many problems that we have.

Champ DAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond reputeDAWG DUDE has a reputation beyond repute DAWG DUDE's Avatar

He flat-out missed several throws. Plain and simple. You're not going to make them all, and they weren't going to be picked. I think it was a matter of him anticipating the route and throwing to a spot and the WR not being able to get there.

Two things: Nick is, at best, 6-foot and 190 pounds. He's not the biggest guy with the biggest arm. He's not going to throw the deep ball like Ryan Mallett. He has underthrown the deep ball a little. That said, he already throws a better deep ball than Jenkins did. And I do believe, since he's just 17, he can get bigger and stronger and throw a better deep ball. Will it ever be as good as Brees? I don't know, but Isham has enough zip on his throws that I think he can become an accurate deep ball thrower.

Also, one thing I've noticed about Nick is that he doesn't necessarily throw to a receiver, but rather to a spot where the receiver should be. He's incredibly accurate. If there's something that has knocked the receiver's timing off, it might be an incomplete pass, but the ball is put away from the DB to where only the receiver would have a chance to catch it (minus the bad pick, which happens to even the best of them occasionally).

Champ Lotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    Two things: Nick is, at best, 6-foot and 190 pounds. He's not the biggest guy with the biggest arm. He's not going to throw the deep ball like Ryan Mallett. He has underthrown the deep ball a little. That said, he already throws a better deep ball than Jenkins did. And I do believe, since he's just 17, he can get bigger and stronger and throw a better deep ball. Will it ever be as good as Brees? I don't know, but Isham has enough zip on his throws that I think he can become an accurate deep ball thrower.

Maybe Crack_-32 can find a strength and conditioning coach for him! :icon_wink:

Varsity Bulldog dfwdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedfwdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedfwdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedfwdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedfwdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedfwdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedfwdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedfwdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedfwdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedfwdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedfwdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

If you like Ishom, enjoy 4-8 or 5-7 seasons, because with him that is the best that we'll ever do unless we play a really easy schedule. If this guy could ever reach the level of medicore, ya'll will call him great. Ya'll beat your chest over him throwing for 300 yards against a 1-AA team? Zac Champion and Matt Kubik had 300 yard games, even Ross jenkins had a 400 yard game and none of ya'll consider these guys great. Dykes starts who he wants to start, not who deserves to start, he did this with Ross Jenkins last year and he is doing this to Taylor Burch this year. Last year, Dykes wanted Cameron or Hakmi to be our starter, but it took a 1-4 start for Dykes to finally start Jenkins and it turned the team around. You can hate me if you want to, but I am not happy with 4-8, 5-7, or even 7-5 seasons. I want us to at least win 8 or 9 games a year or more, Burch is the only QB on our roster that is capable of doing that.

Champ Lotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by dfwdog View Post
    If you like Ishom, enjoy 4-8 or 5-7 seasons, because with him that is the best that we'll ever do unless we play a really easy schedule. If this guy could ever reach the level of medicore, ya'll will call him great. Ya'll beat your chest over him throwing for 300 yards against a 1-AA team? Zac Champion and Matt Kubik had 300 yard games, even Ross jenkins had a 400 yard game and none of ya'll consider these guys great. Dykes starts who he wants to start, not who deserves to start, he did this with Ross Jenkins last year and he is doing this to Taylor Burch this year. Last year, Dykes wanted Cameron or Hakmi to be our starter, but it took a 1-4 start for Dykes to finally start Jenkins and it turned the team around. You can hate me if you want to, but I am not happy with 4-8, 5-7, or even 7-5 seasons. I want us to at least win 8 or 9 games a year or more, Burch is the only QB on our roster that is capable of doing that.

Wow...I don't even know where to begin! LFR where are you when we need you?

+ Reply to Thread